Feeling a little better

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Feeling a little better

Well, I woke up this morning and I still felt awful.
    I then had breakfast with my seven year old and had to break the news about last nights loss. His response: "It's OK Dad, we still beat Montreal"
    I feel better now.
    Go B's. Thank you for the most entertaining season I have ever watched.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NasdaqSexAddict. Show NasdaqSexAddict's posts

Re: Feeling a little better

Total defeatest attitude. Shouldn't you expect a #1 seed to win on home ice in the freaking second round? What is wrong with you people? No wonder Jacobs is a Billionairre.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Der-Komisarek. Show Der-Komisarek's posts

Well, I woke up this morning and I still felt awful. I then had breakfast with my seven year old and had to break the news about last nights loss. His response: "It's OK Dad, we still beat Montreal" I feel better now. Go B's. Thank you for the most entertaining season I have ever watched.
    Posted by ed121501

Glad you're satisfied with that.  I don't blame you for having low expectations based on the recent history of your team...Wink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GABees. Show GABees's posts

What the fu**... is every Montreal creep coming out of the woodwork to pile on the Bruins for beating them earlier?  Der-Komisarek,  nobody cares what hab-nots think...  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Der-Komisarek. Show Der-Komisarek's posts

What the fu**... is every Montreal creep coming out of the woodwork to pile on the Bruins for beating them earlier?  Der-Komisarek,  nobody cares what hab-nots think...  
    Posted by GABees

What goes around, comes around, dude.  See you next year....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsweeney. Show bruinsweeney's posts

You're darn right you'll see us next year because you'll be looking up at the B's from the lower rungs of the standings! Enjoy next year's draft lottery!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

What goes around, comes around, dude.  See you next year....
    Posted by Der-Komisarek

Dear Hab zombies,

You won't see us next year, as the NHL has decided that the Canadiens will be playing in the minor leagues until vast improvement. You will be lucky to finish in the top 12 next year in the east.

See you in 5 years!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Well, I woke up this morning and I still felt awful. I then had breakfast with my seven year old and had to break the news about last nights loss. His response: "It's OK Dad, we still beat Montreal" I feel better now. Go B's. Thank you for the most entertaining season I have ever watched.
    Posted by ed121501

Well it happened. I cried my first playoff tear. I thought it wouldn't happen. Then I saw that thank you video they made, and down it came. I can move on now. And although it hurts, I still love my boys and see improvement from year to year. This means bigger things for next season.

Lucky this is relatively anonymous :)

Anyway, I feel your pain, man.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Hockey Grief lasts about two days, in my experience, of which I have plenty, being a long-time Bruins fan.   After a couple of days you accept what happened and start thinking about NEXT year.  Then, in about a week, you get interested in the series again and choose another team to root for.  

I haven't done that yet.  Maybe Chicago.  

Human Grief over the loss of a loved one lasts two years, on average.  So Hockey Grief is a lot milder. 

Also, you have to think of the Hockey Grief and Sports Grief all over the country, and know that others are suffering too.  Only one city will win.  The rest will all grieve.

That's sports for you...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from VJR123. Show VJR123's posts

Hopefully chiarelli keeps their nucleus in tact because they're going to be good for the next 5-7 years with these guys.  They definately need a big centerman and a puck moving d-man.  that's it ......peace out.......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from da-rivercharles. Show da-rivercharles's posts

BruinsUnite, I feel the same way...  it hurts.  But unlike in years past, I am really looking forward to next year to beat down the also-ran Habs again - and more importantly - get deeper into the finals and make a run for the cup.    

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Total defeatest attitude. Shouldn't you expect a #1 seed to win on home ice in the freaking second round? What is wrong with you people? No wonder Jacobs is a Billionairre.
    Posted by NasdaqSexAddict

Nas,
    I DID expect the #1 seed to win on home ice but the REALITY is that they did not win. Therefore I have 2 choices: I can jump off the bandwagon and complain about how we should have/could have won or I can accept the loss and move on. I choose the latter.
    And by the way, there is nothing wrong with "us people". We are called fans and that means we stick by our team whether they win or lose. The Bruins spent to the cap and did what they could to win. It has nothing to do with Jeremy Jacobs. Now I will admit that JJ has not been the best owner in Boston sports but with the age of the salary cap the B's under Peter Chiarelli have done a great job at putting together a winner that we can be proud of.

Looks like the true extent of their injuries is starting to be revealed. Kessel (Torn rotator cuff), Krejci (Hip), Ferrence, Hunwick, Recchi........ I'm sure there will be more.
    When you step back and look at it the Canes were the better team in this particular series.
    I still say that Kessel gets traded to the Kings on draft day for their first pick. Let's go B's

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

I have stopped grieving over the sudden death of our Bruins in the 7th game in OT in front of the 20+ thousand fans whom I hope have stopped griving also. I am still upset the Bruins didn't come out hard and go after Walker, Samsonov or Staal or didn't fight harder to take advantage of their home ice and the crowd to get the boost they needed to win. I am upset they took their foot off the gas and aloud the season to come down to  50/50 chance in OT only to break all of our hearts including their own to lose. It still bothers me this whole team will not be around next to redeem themselves and this great team will not have another chance to get their revenge.
      But they had a great season and exceeded our expectations by being the best in the East, they got back at the Habs and got to the 2nd round which hasn't happened in long time. We have improved and if the right decisions are made, we will have a great future which doesn't help us grieving now but looks much better than it did a few years ago. As a fan of 50 years I am very happy with the direction this team is going and I love this team. Next year will continue to be better and wish the best for all the Bruins and the Organization.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

I still say that Kessel gets traded to the Kings on draft day for their first pick. Let's go B's
    Posted by ed121501

How high is that pick?

If he is claimed in RFA status we get 3 or 4 first round picks from the team that claims him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

I was doing ok til tonights face off with the Pens. The Canes played a great game 7 and deserved to win but it would have been nice to watch the B's in just one more round. The pain of that OT loss quickly resurfaced. Looking forward to the rest of the playoffs then the start of the 2009 season. Lots of parity in this league -- The B's need to be even better next season.

No excuses but the news about the injuries was no surprise -- Every team has them and credit to these guys -- Hockey players are the ultimate warriors.

Sections
Shortcuts