Ference 3 yrs???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maver23. Show maver23's posts

Ference 3 yrs???

http://www.thebruinsblog.net/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Ference 3 yrs???

I don't understand this and hope it is a rumor. Mcquaid, Boychuk and Stuart are all RFAs plus Hunwick is signed through next year at 1.5Mil. I'd rather have Hnidy!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I like Hnidy as well...I hope this is false as well...we need some young guys to crack the lineup

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

If it was for really good money, I get it.
    Otherwise... someone is going to have to help me out...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I like ference, but he just never stays healthy...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Oh Yes, and it is true.
    per twitte

MurphysLaw74 Per Matt Kalman at TheBruinsBlog.net, Andrew Ference and the Bruins sign a three-year extension. http://www.thebruinsblog.net Wed 03/24 10:39 AM 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maver23. Show maver23's posts

we need stuart an boychuck and dennis S

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Ference 3 yrs???:
    I don't understand this and hope it is a rumor. Mcquaid, Boychuk and Stuart are all RFAs plus Hunwick is signed through next year at 1.5Mil. I'd rather have Hnidy!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I can't understand not using one of the young guys instead of Ference.Boychuck has more to offer talent and size wise.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

This had better mean PC has made a decesion about Hunwick becuase I don't want either one of Mcquaid, Boychuk or Stuart to be alllowed to walk I will be livid!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I agree with most of the post...i just don't understand that one.  we had a chance to free some cap space right there.  It probably means that someone will be part of a trade before next season starts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

I like ference, but he just never stays healthy...
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Im in the same boat. Despite his size, he plays very smart defensive-D and i like that attribute in a defensemen. He's very smart with the puck and is a good penalty killer. He was having a killer year last season before he got hurt. He's not going to give you a 30+ point season but he is ver reliable with minimal mistakes. Also, he's shown he's not shy in dropping the gloves and playing physical.

If it's between a $5mill-$6mill total base value 3-year deal, i'm ok with that.

Would like for him to stay healthy, very serviceable D-men.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

we need stuart an boychuck and dennis S
    Posted by maver23

I think they will trade Hunwick for a solid pick in this year's draft. If not, may be packaged in a deal with either Ryder or Thomas. Ryder will be attractive because he can give a team 20+ goals and the following year clear $4mill of the books.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

As long as this is a relatively similar cap hit, I am OK with it. He is a decent #5 or 6 Dman but nees to stay healthy. Oddly, the Bs record with him in the lineup is much better than without. You can bet on the Bs resigning Boychuck and Stuart as well. Hopefully they can find the cap space to do so. Hunwicks days in a Bs uniform are numbered.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

3 yrs @ 2.25 cap hit way too much. I would have put him back at his level of what he just got or similar to Kris Russell in CBJ who just got 3 @ 1.3, more than enough.

pc & cj want his D, but where are they expecting the money for the rest of the team and d.

We will probably be dressing 6 EL entry level contracts next year at the minimum to fit in the rest of these contracts.

If he gets 2.25 exactly what Seidenberg is getting will Seid get a raise to 3 or more as he is def worth more. What a tangle they are making for themselves.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

bridge,

he isnt a bad depth guy...if it was a team friendly contract I am ok with it...he isn't terrible...I would just rather go with a young core

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmend. Show paulmend's posts

Scratching my head here. I don't dislike Ference. B's seem to win more this year when he's been healthy. He can't score for @#$%, but he does not make the glaring Wideman-esque giveaways either! I hope this means Wideman might be traded this summer because they HAVE to keep Seidenburg, look at his plus/minus for Boston last time I checked he was like +7 in 10 games or so! Also, I don't know what the LOVE affair is with Boychuck. I like him and that shot, but he is out of position a lot.

So next year the Defensmen look like this:
    Certain: Chara & Ference
    UFA's :Stuart, Boychuck, Seidenburg
    Hopefully gone: Hunwick & Wideman
    Uncertain: McQuaid, Drafted Player (Fowler if the B's are 3rd overall), or UFA signing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I think on this team he is top 4/5 anyhow.. Maybe PC is having a tough time negotiating with Seidenberg, or maybe he feels it sets a tone for him ference moves well, moves the puck well but an 80 game season out of him would be huge...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

The Bruins have played better defensively with Ference in the line-up (when he's been healthy).  They need to resign Seidenberg and Stuart and Boychuk, in my opinion, and I hope this news doesn't interfere with that.  Could Hunwick and Ryder be packaged together for picks and/or younger more energy-level forwards?  Could Hunwick, Ryder, and Thomas be packaged for Iginla?  Just questions, as I wonder who's steering this boat, sometimes. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

I don't get this one...they do seem to play better with him but with Seidberg looking so solid with Chara I thought that would be their focus, then Stuart, then Boychuk,........wow.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThisIsBruinsCountry. Show ThisIsBruinsCountry's posts

Ferrence $uck$.  I hope this isn't true.  He overplays on offense and gets pushed around in his own end.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Never been a fan.  I was hoping he would be gone after this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Hus,

Kipper is in Calgary adn making a lot...they have no need for another goalie...especially making that much as a backup...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I think part of this stems from ference being a great character guy, and somewhat of a leader as well amidst the turmoil of the turn over from last year..He's solid, dependable, hits well, and maybe most importantly for a guy who doesn't scrap he has no problem getting in there (dallas game last season etc..) he sticks up for his team mates.

And I know its unpopular, But I don't see anything from Boychuk to make me think he can ever crack the top 4.. great shot, some good hits, but the foot work is slow, as is the speed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins12. Show bruins12's posts

Not a Ference hater, but anything over what he was making this year is too much. This is only going to up the value of Seidenberg who has to be resigned after watching him play the last few games. Not sure how this D is going to look next year, but Hunwick/Wideman should/must be moved. Don't know if anyone will take them though.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

PC has to stop over paying players.  We will never have a great team in a cap world unless he starts paying players what they deserve and Ference did not and does not deserve 2.25 million per season.

Sections
Shortcuts