Ference Signs A New Deal / Gets A Raise

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Ference Signs A New Deal / Gets A Raise

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=315296

What do we think of this guys?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: Ference Signs A New Deal / Gets A Raise

If that cap hit is right, it seems too much.  I have not particular problem with Ference, but the question I have to ask is "Why now?"  He's not a young player that needs to be locked-up before other teams get a chance to take a run at him, and he's not a key UFA-to-be.  Why not wait and see how things fall at the draft first, at least?
    I suppose that this could be a sign that some other deal involving a defenseman (Wideman?) has informally been agreed to, but even then the timing just seems bizarre.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I like him, but..does this mean Sedienberg is walking, or wideman is being traded, or stuart or boychuk is out??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Oh I like that if we could unload Wideman. Maybe PC is setting that up, I hope your right, I am sick of Wideman's lack of compete down low. He isn't getting it done. How does every post end up with me complaining about Wides? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

PC has to stop over paying players.  We will never have a great team in a cap world unless he starts paying players what they deserve and Ference did not and does not deserve 2.25 million per season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

I like Ference, he's a good defenceman and when he is on the ice, I have good confidence on him in defensive zone ! Great to see him come back next seasons !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3855502. Show user_3855502's posts

I think this is a good signing. Besides Chara, Ference is our best defensive defenseman. You very rarely see him make a boneheaded play like Wideman does every game. The offense isn't there, but thats not his job, he is a defenseman. Not sure if the salary is right but if he can stay healthy i think he is worth it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from phantoms3366. Show phantoms3366's posts

Are you guys kidding me?  Ferrence is weak and health is his biggest issue.  He hasn't played more than 70 games since he got here.  a 600K raise for some one that misses almost a quarter of the season?  No way.  If he wanted to sign him should have been at what he got this year and it would vest into the raise if he played more than 70 games and other incentive based stats.

The Bruins Best Defensive Defenseman is Stuart.

Bruins should have saved the $$ and made sure they locked up Seidenberg(sp) and Stuart.  If they trade Wideman then that is just more $ they can throw at someone else on the market.

Anybody else think a message needs to be sent to Wideman?  How about sitting him for 2 or 3 games and see if that wakes him up.  Same for Ryder.  I like Ryder but unless he is challenged he won't pick up his game.

Ok..enough bs from me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I'm sorry, but in my opinion, PC has to get better at managing the cap, or the bruins are going nowhere. On a good team, Ference is a #5 d-man. That translates to a 1.5M or less, cap hit.
    With this contract,Ference will be slotted in at a #3 or #4.
     These are the type of contracts that keep bad teams from getting better. The exact same scenario will probably be repeated with Sedienberg.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

Complete stupidty I would rather have stuart or seidenberg back. PC is a flat out pizz poor gm who I hope loses his job for the rediculas contracts he has given so so players during his tenure!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jet88. Show jet88's posts

I just renewed my season tickets on Monday.  Can I get a refund?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

Thats ur own fault..........

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I don't like this at all.  Ference should have been a bargain.

I've been a PC fan as I thought he's learned from past mistakes, but I don't like this.  I wonder if he wanted more $ becase no NTC clause?  And 3 years?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

Too much money for Ference. PC should have re-signed Seidenberg first, then signed Stuart. After that he could of figured out how much more he could spend on Ference.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Like I said before it starts from the top down. If the GM and Coach remain...
    don't expect the results to change. Just another example of gross incompetence.

How could anyone rationalize giving Andrew Ference more money???
    This is the GM we're going to let handle this years ultra important draft???

Sections
Shortcuts