Ferrence and Hunwick have to Go

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

Ferrence and Hunwick have to Go

Both of these guys are soft, terrible in their own end and do not do anything to help offensively, so why are they even on the team. Dress McQuaid(at least he can hit), give Bartkowski a shot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Re: Ferrence and Hunwick have to Go

get... hunwick... outta here....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Fan-In-MD. Show Bruins-Fan-In-MD's posts

Everytime I saw 48 on the ice, I cringed. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

They have too much invested in Ference.  I don't like seeing him here either, but they just resigned the guy.  And remember last year, the Bruins were a better team with Ference in the lineup (I don't know what their winning percentage was with him, but it was a heck of a lot better than without him). That says something about his locker room presence.

As for Hunwick: give him a few games, and if he continues to stuggle, replace him with McQuaid-Bartkowski-Kampfer.  Hunwick just hasn't been the same since his spleen injury back in the playoffs a few years ago.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't recall that Ferrence had a bad game.  I thought that Hunwick looked awful on the first two goals and Seidenberg looked pretty shaky too.  I think most of the D will straighten it out, but Hunwick has looked overmatched for about a year now.  I had lost my patience with that guy by the end of last season and today was a painful reminder of how inept he is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thatswhatuthink. Show thatswhatuthink's posts

I think they kept Ference and Hunwick because they didn't fall down as much as Wideman did last year when trying to get the puck out of their own zone....

Neither one of these guys seem to know how to protect the front of the net.....or maybe it's Clowed's system?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

I hate Ference as much as anyone (OK, slightly more), but it was Hunwick/Seidenberg who was the problem today.  That, and Looch continuing to cheat to the middle and not covering the point properly.

If Hunwich can go to the P's without clearing waivers, then I'd do that and recall "Chuck" since he earned a top 6 role.  Keep McQuaid as the spare.  If Hunwick does have to clear waivers, then it's time to see more of McQuaid. We got more than we thought we would for Wideman, so someone out there (Columbus?) might give us some value for Hunwick.

I know it's one game, but this is the same level of play Hunwick showed all of last season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

In Response to Re: Ferrence and Hunwick have to Go:
    I don't recall that Ferrence had a bad game.  I thought that Hunwick looked awful on the first two goals and Seidenberg looked pretty shaky too.  I think most of the D will straighten it out, but Hunwick has looked overmatched for about a year now.  I had lost my patience with that guy by the end of last season and today was a painful reminder of how inept he is.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Agreed.  I thought that Ference was the second or third best defenseman for the Bruins on Saturday, not that that is saying much.  Stuart didn't look much better than he did when he returned from his finger infection in the playoffs.  Hunwick and Seidenberg were dreadful. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Ference was fine today.  He played his role. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

IMO Thornton, Paille, and Ferrence have to go.

WE NEED A D MAN WHO CAN MOVE AND PASS THE PUCK.

Thorten and Paille are a complete waste of space and have no upside. Replace them with two prospects asap. Ferrence can be replaced by the that kid Bartkowski.

Sections
Shortcuts