Find another Neely

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Find another Neely

If the Bruins wish to bring back some of the old good days (FANS AND RECORD) they need to find a young Neely look alike.There is nothing better for Boston fans to see a guy scoring,punching,planting himeself in front of the net taking anything other teams throw at him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeymaniya. Show hockeymaniya's posts

Find another Neely

��� Well, With Milan Lucic and, possibly, Ryan Malone, you would have 2: 6' 4" 220+ lbs, imagine having a line with both those guys flanking the wings, maybe Bergeron the center or Soderberg?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeymaniya. Show hockeymaniya's posts

Find another Neely

��� oops, Malone is a left winger...sorry

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Find another Neely

Crosby

Ovechekin

Kopitar

Nash

Statsny

Bergeron

Mueller

Parise

Malkin

Vanek

Getzlaf

Radulov

Horton

Kane

Zherdev

errrrr, no Jeff Carter here dude. He is not there yet, but close. Top 15? not quite

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Find another Neely

Jeff Carter is no way in hell worth $7mill. I'de rather take a gamble on Sundin or Sackic on that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bouncer617. Show bouncer617's posts

Find another Neely

Sundin?!� SUNDIN?!� We're talking about the same clown who was such a classless douch3 that Ray Bourque of all people dropped the gloves and gave him a beating.� When Ray is taking issue with someone, you KNOW he's a piece of garbage.� He's half the talent he once was and the lack of respect he showed the leafs by refusing to waive his no-trade clause shows how little he cared about�helping the team that made him rich add talent while giving him a chance at a ring.� I wouldn't pay that guy to wash my car, never mind play for my beloved B's.� Spend the money on Hossa, make a serious effort to land Campbell or Liles, and continue to develop the kids we already have.�� And anyone who thinks Hossa isn't productive enough needs to�look up�the stats he put up while playing with Savard as his set-up man �in Atlanta.Also, there is no such thing as a Neely 2.0.�� He was in a class by himself.�� He would have scored 50 a season if O'Reilly hadn't used him as an enforcer as much as he did between 87-89.� Even though Neely wasn't happy about it, he shut up and did as he was told.� Read that somewhere a few years back.� From 89-91 his PIM's went down (after O'Reilly left)�and he became�the 50+ guy he should have been in the first place.� Why I turned this into a Neely history lesson ,I have no idea.� I'm going to shut up now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bouncer617. Show bouncer617's posts

Find another Neely

Also, I would LOVE to see Malone sign here.� I doubt he'll leave his hometown team, but man he'd look good taking up space in front of opposing goaltenders next season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Find another Neely

People who keep talking about Neely, getting another Neely, Lucic reminding them of Neely, etc., etc., etc., really burn me.� I really got into hockey hard core during the mid 80's and remember the Neely era:� There never was nor will there ever be another Neely.�� Some of you obviously NEVER saw the guy play and have no clue about the number he put up.� Take a look at his stats sometime, he was a one of a kind.� The absolute, unquestionable, unequivocal BEST ALL AROUND hockey player in history.� PERIOD!� Neely is a hockey GOD and there will NEVER be another Neely.� The mold was broken after he was made.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from blue17. Show blue17's posts

Find another Neely

Hey, ####- O'Reilly made Neely the player he became.� When he was dropping the gloves and running full tilt into the corners, he got a ton of respect (and space) from the opposition.�

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bouncer617. Show bouncer617's posts

Find another Neely

Hey moron, I'm indirectly quoting Neely, and I'm pretty sure he knows a little more about the game than some chooch on an internet message board.� If you don't know what you're talking about, it's probably best to shut up.�� Really? it's smarter to risk your best sniper in a fight when you've got Byers, Miller, Plett, or Shoebottom ready and willing to do the job?��� Try�learning a little�before getting into an argument with someone who's forgotten more hockey from that time period than you ever knew.�� Neely was scrappy right from the start of his career, but spent more time hitting than shooting which is why Vancouver traded him and a first rounder for a 50+ scorer in Pedersen.� O'Reilly didn't "make" him the type of player he was because Neely had been playing the hitter/bruiser for two and a half years before coming to Boston.��But you'd rather have a guy who can sit in the slot and pretty much score at will sitting in the box than scoring goals, because that's what wins games.� Good luck with that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Find another Neely

Dont recall the persons name who was talking about Sundin, but I agree.� Sundin has been, for a while now, one of the dirties players out there.� The guy is a real POS with NO CLASS AT ALL!� He shows no respect for anyone, takes dirty jabs after the play but wont drop his gloves, etc.� He reminds me of a more talented (although not anymore since he is long past his prime) Claude Lemieux.� I wouldnt want him on the Bruins if they could get him for league minimum he is such a low class piece of garbage.� In my opinion, the Bruins are a VERY respectable club with no dirty bums on the team.� Lets keep it that way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bouncer617. Show bouncer617's posts

Find another Neely

Well, let's remember that the B's did have Ken Linseman and Chris Nilan, two extremely professional "agitators".� :)��� Guys like that have a place (Sean Avery comes to mind, and I�have to admit part of me wouldn't mind him in black and gold... even though another part of me just threw up in my mouth for considering it) �if not because they can disrupt the rhythm of an a opposing team then for the power play chances they bring when guys get angry and whack them.�� When a role player is an agitator, it's acceptable because that's what his job is.� He runs around a little and wreaks havoc on the other team's ability to get set up or move the puck efficiently.� When a guy who's the best skill player on a team and also their captain plays dirty, it's pathetic.� That folks, is Mats Sundin.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Find another Neely

KevinK:� I said best all around.� None of those guys you listed put up Neelys all around numbers nor did they do the many jobs Cam did.� How many fights did Wayne or Mario have in their careers?� How many guys were afraid of them coming down trying to retrieve a puck in the corner?� How many hits did either of those guys have over their whole career?� Neely was, in my opinion, the best all around player ever.� Look at his stats sometime and look at all his achievements and accolades too.� He had severe injuries that cause him to retire young and not play to his full potential on top of missing many games.� If he had of been as healthy as Wayne what could he have done?��Id take Cam over any other player any day.� Nobody can come close to him on his best day and their best days.� Not Wayne, not Mario, not Orr, not anyone.� You dont have guys that are 6'+ 200lbs that can pass, skate, shoot, hit and fight like Cam did.� He was�the one and only.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from blue17. Show blue17's posts

Find another Neely

Your ignorance renders me speechless.� Ever play the game, Shirley?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Find another Neely

I have watched and played a lot of hockey in my day and i cant rember seeing as much speed and physical play as the last year and in the playoffs.These guys are crashing nets and the boards behind the net like never before.The low cycle is faster and that may be why the young Neelys maybee harder to find these days.Is that�sit out and make room in�the front of the net a thing of the past?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Find another Neely

Ok, Ill say it one more time:� Look at his stats.� He put up numbers comparable to and as good as Wayne and Marios.� He scored 50 goals in fewer games than anyone but Gretzky.��Only Rocket Richard, Bossy, Hull, Lemieux, Gretzky and Neely have scored 50 in 50 or less. �Only Gretzky, Mario and Bret Hull had better goals per game average over a season than Neely in 93-94.� Im not going into his all star #'s, fights, hits, PIMS, etc., because for crying out loud, I shouldnt have to.� If one doesnt recognize Neely as one of the�best ever, they dont know hockey.� He had a super short career and was one of the most dominant players ever.� What would he have done if he had of been healthy for 12-15 years?� Its really that simple folks.�

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

Find another Neely

Saxydogg77 is silently watching his homemade Cam Neely highlight VHS tape as a solitary tear streams down his face.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Find another Neely

Big vig���� Question????��� Janney� pass to Neely shot goal !!!!!! Seems like in years past there was many more scoring lines built on a passer and scorer.The scorer usually in front of the net more. In todays game the scorer (person in front of the net) would not be doing his job (no cycle).The other players would be winded if it was a fast good game.Montreal has a great cycle,but no finishers lately.I think it was more predictable with the slot scorers of the past.I think todays players end up in front more on chance than ever before.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dummazz16. Show dummazz16's posts

Find another Neely

Big Vig,I'm a life-long Bruins fan (and season ticket holder for 32 years), and saw Neely play almost every game he ever did as a Bruin,� but you're either too young or too naive to make comparisons to Orr.� Neely was the best at what he did - he defined the cliche "power forward", and he could beat the sh** out of anyone.� He was without a doubt one of the best Bruins ever.� Bobby Orr was so much better than every one else that you shouldn't even include him in this conversation.� They all say Gretzsky was the best ever -�put five Bobby Orrs on the ice and five Gretzskys on the ice and it wouldn't even be close.� Mario? -- please.� Not even a Gretzsky.� ��

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Find another Neely

Im not too young nor am I too naive.� I wont argue with you about Orr.� He was hands down the greatest hockey player ever, but again, he was not the physical presence Neely was.� I think people are missing what Im saying:� As an all around player, in every aspect of the game, Neely was one of the best.� You cant compare Gretzky or Mario to Neely, they played a different game. �I wont argue Orr's offense was better then Gretzkys, it was, but was Orrs physical game as strong as Neelys?� Was Orr the hitter and fighter Neely was? I dont think so, but thats my opinion.� Again, I think Orr was the best hockey player ever, but I think people are either too young to have seen him play regularly and remember or just dont understand how good Neely really was.� All I was saying from the start was there hasnt been anyone since, and probably never will be another player like Neely.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dummazz16. Show dummazz16's posts

Find another Neely

Bigvig,You're preaching to the choir, here.� I don't disagree with anything you say about�Neely - one of my top�5 favorites of all time.� The "quintessiential" Bruin.� Did you ever see the tape of Bobby Orr beating the crap out of Keith Magnuson?��Back then, everybody challenged the new guys.� Did you ever see Wayne or Mario drop them?��No.� I know Sidney fought Ference this�year, but so could I, and probably beat him.Aside for the fighting,�Neely was a great hickeyn�scorer and player�- not many of them around today.� Lucic has the potential to be that kind of player - we'll see.�

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bouncer617. Show bouncer617's posts

Find another Neely

First off, Orr was a defenseman, and Gretzky and Mario were centers.� Neely was a right winger.� Not a fair comparison by any means, dude.� Second, it wasn't Neely getting shut down by Smith so much as �it was his set-up man (Janney) being badly beaten up by Tikkanen.� Janney was a bit of a puss. After the first line the scoring was pretty average.� That's when�the hatred for Jacobs really built up a head of steam, because the cheap #### wouldn't spend the money to get a second legitimate scoring line out there.� It was a major point of contention among fans as well as the media.� They were essentially playing with one good scoring line, two third lines and a checking line.� You couldn't compete against that Oilers dynasty with only one good scoring line.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bouncer617. Show bouncer617's posts

Find another Neely

Only for about twenty-five years, but that really has nothing to do with an opinion about a coach "making" a�player the�hall of famer�he�became. �Neely�resented being told to go fight more than just play, plain and simple.� Doesn't sound like someone who thought the best of his career was�the result of a two and a half season coach, does it now?� Again, I'm going with the guy who lived it, not the misguided opinion of someone yapping on a message board. I never said I was knocking O'Reilly, just that it's a fact that Neely didn't like being used as a goon as much as he was at times even though he wasn't opposed to throwing down.But since according to you O'Reilly was the reason Neely even played with that rough edge, I'm sure the 260+ pim's he put up the two years in Vancouver before coming to Boston were all tripping penalties, or that this is nothing like the Neely we saw here....� http://youtube.com/watch?v=FbTPZOxgAX0All you have is an �opinion with nothing to back it up, so it's probably best to just shut up and move on.�

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from turk58. Show turk58's posts

Find another Neely

Been watching the B's for over 40 years, and Neely was, and still is one my favorites, along with Sanderson, O'Reilly, Orr, Cashman, I could go on and on.� One thing I believe is that Cam' involvement with Bruins now is probably the best thing that has happened for the team in quite some time.� I think he has a vision of what this team can be, and with his input and his personality, the B's will become a contender in the next couple of years. If the ownership continues on the same path as the past 15-20 years, I dont think Cam will stick around. He wants a winner in Boston as bad as we do.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Find another Neely

Ovetchkin with Savard that would be something.

Sections
Shortcuts