Fire Julien

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Fire Julien

CJ - you were fired in New Jersey a number of years back because they did not think you could motivate the team.  Now you are proving it in Boston.  You brought in Ryder and he played one year for you.  Any chance you could motivate him to play in game 7?  When a team is struggling they need leaders on the bench and on the ice to get the team turned around.  It looks like the Bruins have neither.  You can get rid of all the so called no show leaders on the Bruins so we will start with you humpty dumpty.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

Re: Fire Julien

Moreover, enough with the blind faith in your veterans. They're doing nothing for this team while Marchand sits by and watches.

Julien says the team has nothing mroe to learn and that they know what they're suppsoed to do. It seems to me he needs to be reminded of what coaches are supposed to do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Julien has not helped any of his teams he coached get past the 2nd round.

Last year we let carolina beat us in game 7 and same will happen against philly.

If we lose tomorrow how can you keep this guy around?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Do you guys ever focus on the players??  I've never seen a coach score a goal yet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

A coach's job also includes motivating players to give maximum effort, which certainly doesn't appear to be one of Julien's strong suits.

I think we can all agree that Ryder and Wheeler had abysmal seasons, yet Julien did virtually nothing about it. He kept playing them (albeit on the fourth line for a while), so they both know that they can get away with a lot before Julien even considers doing something. If you're one of the other guys in the locker room you would have to be a complete moron not to notice things like that yourself, and the general message is clear: Everyone may coast a little, the coach won't do anything about it.

It might be good for some players' psyches if your coach's trust in you appears to have no boundaries, but sometimes the guy in charge simply needs to crack the whip.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Julien has that deer in the headlights look in fornt of the camera....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

this team had lost 3 straight in playoffs...........each one of those games they've showed no urgency and no fire.........they can beat Montreal and make the Cup Finals....and they are going to blow it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Cj does not score goals, but following up an opposition goal with a 4th line that has not scored a goal in the playoffs(begin scored with Berg) is just mind boggling. They also got 3 shifts in the 3rd when down 2, and had an extended shift when got caught for icing. You have to shorten your bench when you are down and your top players have to be on the ice.

Lavio had shortened his bench and they were winning for cris sakes, cj take a play out of his book and use your best players to the maximum, there is no need to use the 4th line when you are down. This is do or die, and there is not one player not willing to go back to back shifts(not required but doable) and if they are not in shape at this time of year, they never will be.

Yes the players know what they need to do is fine, he has a system, whether I like it or anyone else likes it, is one of the best in the game and has been successful over the past 2 years and in the playoffs. It would be more successful if he were to adapt to his changes better, and that starts with double shifting and bench shortening and putting the best available players on the ice. Even the coach in Prov new to put March out when he was down over Whit or any others down there. March was the best player in Prov, +/- and points per game so use him.
    He will live and die by his system, he doesn't roll the 4 lines as much as the season, but it is time to leave them on the bench when you are down, it is a lost shift and lost game time because they are not going to score. I just hope he doesn't die for this and another round yet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

Not a huge fan of the Julien 'system'....the trap is exactly like prevent defense in football, it prevents you from winning!  It'll keep you in games, but will never win a cup in todays league....the NJ teams that won w/ the trap played in the clutch & grab era, todays game it just doesnt work.  Montreal plays a bit of a trap game, but you also need finishers (Camalleri - Gionta) on your roster to take advantage of the transition turnovers, Boston just doesnt have a pure goal scorer on their roster.

The trap allows teams to attack-attack-attack & eventually teams are going to break....regualr season is one thing but over a series its tough to just keep allowing teams to keep attacking through the neutral, gain the red, soft dumps & go on the attack!!!

It'll be interesting to see what happens Friday night....hopefully they can step up & put together some more offensive pressure as they did at times last night, but now finish some of these glaring opportunities!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: Fire Julien:
    A coach's job also includes motivating players to give maximum effort, which certainly doesn't appear to be one of Julien's strong suits. I think we can all agree that Ryder and Wheeler had abysmal seasons, yet Julien did virtually nothing about it. He kept playing them (albeit on the fourth line for a while), so they both know that they can get away with a lot before Julien even considers doing something. If you're one of the other guys in the locker room you would have to be a complete moron not to notice things like that yourself, and the general message is clear: Everyone may coast a little, the coach won't do anything about it. It might be good for some players' psyches if your coach's trust in you appears to have no boundaries, but sometimes the guy in charge simply needs to crack the whip.
    Posted by MrHulot

I too have questioned CJ's "shelf life", here in boston.  Couple things though.  With all the injuries this year,  and so many players having off years....his option of "benching" someone was limited.
    At this point in the season, "cracking the whip" is brutally unproductive, in fact it's downright team suicide.  In fact the coach has to exude confidence around his players.  The players are already questioning their abilities....they're starting to tighten up, and a usual concern for a game 7, is that they may panic a bit, run around, and try and do too much.
    Yes, all coaches have a speech or 2 going into a game like this, but if the players are intently focused and driven, they don't even hear much of it.
    A coach has many responsibilities(and so do the home fans in a game 7).  "Motivating" his players at this point shouldn't be one of them.  If any player isn't totally motivated from within, entering a game 7 in the playoffs, they have no business playing at the pro level.  Plain and simple.
    We've played these guys 6 consecutive times now.  The players should know what works and what doesn't.  They have a system.  The time for speeches, motivation and psychology has passed.  CJ and his staff have lots to do, during the game....but Friday nite....it's really all about the players.  If they want it bad enough, if they play within themselves, and Tuuka doesn't come up with an effort a la Fleury last nite, it's there for the taking.
    It's tough for us B's fans right now, but think about all those "great" teams that are already gone.  Look at Montreal for heavens sake.  Who thought their goalie would single handedly get them trough 2 rounds.  That team as a whole, certainly doesn't deserve to be where it is right now.
    That's the way it goes sometimes.
    Right now, it's not about the coach.  It's all on the players shoulders.

The B's played better last nite(small consolation) but they still have a long way to go.  It looks though, like Tuuka is going to need to stand on his head.  He's due.  The team hasn't played well....they're due.

There's much more on the line for both teams here, than just advancing.  Both teams have a chance at history.  If the B's fail, they'll be longly remembered as a team that managed one of the most spectaular --ck ups in the games storied history.  A Flyer win will be a monumental achievement...remembered for decades, and also written in the record books.

Claude & Co shouldn't need to get these guys up, he needs to spend the next 40 hours or so hours combing through game footage, minutely scrutinizing the play of every player on each team.  Exposing flaws in the opposition, finding ways to exploit them.  Pointing out weaknesses to our troops and offering better options.

Finally, if CJ has a team worth it's salt.  Tomorrow afternoon and early evening, he needs to calm them down, stroke their ego's, and somehow convince them it's just another game.  Go out there and enjoy yourself, don't try and do it all alone, play the system, and we'll move on.  You're an incredible group of hockey players, and i'm proud of you.  Lets go out there and get it done.

At this point, those are pretty much the motivational options.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Julien has that deer in the headlights look in fornt of the camera....
    Posted by jwb413

The whole frikkin team seems to have that look

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

If the B's lose game 7, they should fire both Julien and Chickarelli and the following players need to be jetisoned: Ference, Begin, Thornton, Sturm, Wheeler, Whitfield, Ryder, Tim Thomas (tired of him smiling on the bench when the team is going to pieces, although he has been royally screwed over by his own coach, but he needs to go and find a starting job elsewhere). Then they draft someone really good, not a project, but a guy who can be like Bergeron, able to come into the NHL by 2011. Then go out and find some forwards who are 2-way players, guys who aren't afraid to push the play. . .If they win game 7, which I still believe they can, then disregard this message. Now how can I possibly advocate a complete dismantling of a team based on one loss? It's called fall guy, taking the hit, and Grady culpability. That is all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Fire Julien

Yup. The Trent Whitfield in games 5 & 6 thing was enough for me. I'll give CJ a pass on the fact that Whitfield played Game 4, somebody had to, but it was obvious after Game 4 that this guy was completely useless, so why in the hell was he back for games 5 & 6? Julien is clueless. He must go.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

when you insert whitfield into the lineup what does that say to the other players?  answer is.....that were goin to go back into that deep defensive funk that we had all year....ill say this,the game they lost krecji the bruins put on a text book defensive clinic to close out that game....hmmmm,was it because of the shortened bench?  im not goin to even go into the putting ryder back on the #1 PP unit....CJ does some strange a** moves

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

@stevegm
    He had a lot of options if he really wanted to send a message to Ryder or Wheeler during the regular season: just call up some guys from Providence and put them in the lineup. He didn't do it, he kept playing the "injury excuse" card instead.

Of course it would be absolutely counterproductive to bench half the team now, but he should have done something about his underachievers during the regular season. It's not a good sign for a coach when your oldest player - Recchi - calls out his teammates after after a game for their lack of effort. 

I like the "deer in the headlights" analogy. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Without Julien this club would not be where it is with the crew they have right now...Unreal !!!   Go B's Go !!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

Do you guys ever focus on the players??  I've never seen a coach score a goal yet.
    Posted by siestafiesta

Exactly-

A week ago everyone was praising Claude and saying the team has finally bought into his system , Now after three losses, he is the goat?. It's up to the players. Up 3-0 in a series, and they suddenly stop playing smart hockey and it's the coaches fault? Maybe Julien is wrong about Whitfield, and some questionable line changes, but the players need to step up here. It's the same system that got them the 3-0 lead, and a win against the Sabres. He can only go with what he has, granted losing krejci and Sturm didn't help, but where is the fire we all saw in this team even a week ago when they scored with 25 seconds left to force overtime in game 4? If Julien could put it back, don't you think he would. After the season is over, if the team learns that it actually was the players tuning out CJ during this series, and that cost them, then that is a whole other issue.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

In Response to Fire Julien:
    CJ - you were fired in New Jersey a number of years back because they did not think you could motivate the team.  Now you are proving it in Boston.  You brought in Ryder and he played one year for you.  Any chance you could motivate him to play in game 7?  When a team is struggling they need leaders on the bench and on the ice to get the team turned around.  It looks like the Bruins have neither.  You can get rid of all the so called no show leaders on the Bruins so we will start with you humpty dumpty.
    Posted by huntbri

Wow   where do you people come from?  He is a good coach way above the average in the nhl. Top 10 for sure.  It is his very system that has given the bruins a chance to win  when their scorers are out of action.  If Dave and Sturmy were still in the line up series would already be over.  Nothing worse then a band wagon fan. U bleed balck and gold or get lost and cheer for whom eer is winning. When the B's hoist in next few years you will be telling everyone how great every one is......Give all a break and jump on the hab bad wagon. or Hawks or sharks Leave the Bruins to REAL HOCKEY FANS

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Johnnybruin. Show Johnnybruin's posts

All you fans that want cj fired don`t know your hockey! Krejci is the biggest reason that the team is doing bad right now. This team has no depth. When a loser like Paille is playing on the first line it shows you right there that this team is weak. As for Marchand coming in to play instead of that dead weight Whitfield, i could understand cj because he`s going to get killed on the ice. Finally cj is taking Paille out but i think it is a little too late. Bruin fans out there...you should hope they lose tomorrow night because there is no way they are beating the f**king Habs right now. As we always say every year, there is always next year!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

#2 draft pick and some scoring depth, and this teams a contender again next year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Hey buddy with your blind faith you should be a leaf fan.  I will cheer for the Bruins whether they are first or last as long as the effort is there, so don't call me a bandwagon jumper you ahole!!  What I was extremly pussed about was the effort in game 5.  It was an unacceptable effort by the players but you can't can 18 players.  It is a coach's job to motivate his team.  It is also embarassing for a team to blow a 3 game lead to a mediocre hockey team.  That has happened because of Julien's inability to adjust or motivate or both.  You call yourself a real hockey fan but you mention Sturm as a guy who would have been a difference maker in the series.  Sure he is better than Paille but that isn't saying much.  If you think Sturm is a key player you don't know much about hockey.  On a good team he is a 3rd liner.  Again since you know so much about hockey buddy (I actually have probably forgotten more hockey knowledge than you have) if Julien is a top 10 coach why did Jersey fire him before the play-offs when they were in first place a while back?  The answer is because he does not know how to get his team to the next level.  I hope you are right that they win the Cup in the next few years and since it has been 38 years since I watched the last one, it is about time.  I bet if they do it that Julien will not be the coach.  By the way KMA!!!!! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/

Our genius coach has decided that the dynamic, high scoring Wheeler should be moved to the first line with Bergeron and Recchi. Wheeler?!!! You gotta be kiddin me!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

How can you keep a guy that instills no passion in his players?

Last game we had nobody that drove into the net. Not one guy. How about having the point guys just shooting low and accurate wristers to the net instead of trying to jack up slappers into a flyers players?

The guy is a rock head. His system when it works its good but when the other team adjusts he doesn't know how to counter

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

Wow so many good points. But one thing I take issue with is that it isn't a coach's job to motivate. It is. Let's not forget what leadership in the lockeroom does. leadership counts, and the coach is leadership at the highest level. Your fellow players have less authority that your coach, and management is detached from the players, so it falls on the shoulders of the coach.

No he doesn't score goals but he's part of the team and he can decide who gets to score and who doesn't.

Sections
Shortcuts