Fire Julien

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Fire Julien

//#2 draft pick and some scoring depth, and this teams a contender again next year/ AGREED BIM AGREED!

Yet another "Fire Julien" thread the man signed an extension this past summer isn't going happen. JJ already let PC get away with a coach buyout which comes off the books this year. JJ stated to the press that was "an expensive mistake". I think that was like the 3rd time Mr. Grinch has spoke to the press since he bought the team.

Yes Claude frustrates every Bruin fan including me but he's here to stay.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Re: Fire Julien:
    //#2 draft pick and some scoring depth, and this teams a contender again next year/ AGREED BIM AGREED! Yet another "Fire Julien" thread the man signed an extension this past summer isn't going happen. JJ already let PC get away with a coach buyout which comes off the books this year. JJ stated to the press that was "an expensive mistake". I think that was like the 3rd time Mr. Grinch has spoke to the press since he bought the team. Yes Claude frustrates every Bruin fan including me but he's here to stay.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

He does not frustrate me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

It wasn't that many seasons ago that Julien brought his undermanned Canadiens back from 2-0 and 3-1 deficits against a pretty damned good Bruins team. So it's not like he hasn't been in this situation before.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

Yeah, fire Claude, Peter, Cam; they don't know what they're doing, clueless all of them. Trade Chara, Savard, Bergeron, Rask and the rest of this team, they're all terrible to! I hope JJ blow it all up because when the Bruins land Hall or Sequin they're going to single handedly save the organization! 

I think CJ should have Hamill replace Savard; sit Chara and replace him with Ference on the top pair (his stellar -8 in 12 games is just a mirage). And then slot vacated by Ference plug Penner in, he's younger and has definitely NHL playoff ready. Bench Thomas and Rask, go with Sabourin, actually Matt Dalton, he's younger. Now that's putting trust in the youth! Yeah, Hamill, and the rest of the call ups showed such great promise in Providence they didn't even have to play in the AHL playoffs, oops, I mean qualify for the playoffs. 

LOL - Really, fire Julien. first of all, for him to have managed to get the team in the playoffs with an injury ravaged roster is testament alone, he can coach. He lost his number 1 center for half the regular season (in the 41 games Savvy played the team was 21-14-6), Lucic missed 30+ games, these are 2 players depended upon to produce (both are still not 100%, who knows if they're even close). Oh and I almost forgot lost Phil "the Thrill" and his goals. CJ has led this team to 96, 116 and 91 pts over the last 3 years. And @mrbruin4 toy are spot on sir, his system has this team on the cusp of the Conf. Championship round.

Just remember this, the Browns fired Bill Belichick, because you know, he couldn't coach either. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

In Response to Re: Fire Julien : He does not frustrate me.
    Posted by watchtower

Doesn't frustrate me either.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cutthroat. Show cutthroat's posts

You guys are idiots.  The fact that this team is still fighting for the cup is reason enough to keep him.  Where were you clowns three games ago when the B's were up 3-0?  I know, you had nothing to gripe about so you we weren't hearing from you.  Go away.  The B's will win convincingly tomorrow night...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

It is well-documented that the 2009-10 edition of this team lacked effort, energy and determination way too often to be just a random occurence (one game that comes to mind would be the pathetic performance against Pittsburgh on March 18th). I think that is one fact we can all agree upon. How often did we have to hear the words "We weren't ready"?

People will have different opinions, there may even be some Bruins fans who wanted to keep Dave Lewis as head coach. Julien has done a lot of good things since he took over behind the bench, but IMO his performance this season could have been much better.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

this team is to jekyll & hyde....lets start from the 2008-2009 beginning of the season when they were the cream of the crop,#1 offensive team,top 2-3 defensive team in the league,playing go after them puck possession,on your toes hockey....mid season the sharks came into boston & owned them,from that point forward the bruins played less then .500 hockey,playing circle the wagons,on your heels hockey....the playoffs montreal was ripe for the picking & the bruins took them easily...then came carolina,a less talented team who formed together & out hit,out hustled the bruins...season over....this regular season came a flat,offensive struggling,non-confident,non emotional team...playing a tight checking,circle the wagons defensive team...every game close with the 1 bounce of the puck determining the outcome,lucky to finish in the playoffs....then came the sabres  wow! on your toes,take it to them,the bruins forming into a team to be reckon with good goaltendening,offensive finishing & defensive when needed, this continues to the flyers seris,no backing down 3-0 lead....we all know what has happened the past 3 games,whitfield was insert because of his experience & defensive prowness,ryder was inserted into the PP unit & the team went back into its on your heels,clog up the middle,force the flyers to the boards,frustrating, exhausting hockey where if you give up the lead its a battle to get back...just way to up & down fragile hockey team....does anyone see a trend in the way things go with this team with the style of play that is determined by CJ? if the bruins play on your heels drop off hockey this run is over....i dont know how many times ive seen the B,s defensemen back off the flyers as they gain the blueline while the forwards are worried about the flyers d men bein the late man back at center ice givin the flyers open ice to make playes....perfect example was when gagne scored the overtime goal,richards gained the blueline with chara backing off him sets up & bing bang boom over!  stand up at the blueline,have the forwards backchecking into the zone,get turn overs & bring it right back to them...on your toes,bring it to them hockey....the team has it in them CJ release the reins!!!!!!! have you seen the trend?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Put me in the keep Julien camp. 

Also put me in the camp that thinks there are a lot of fans who don't have the necessary judgment to avoid knee-jerk reactions. These fans also likely significantly undervalue team chemistry and consistency in personnel (understandably, since we don't witness a lot of it on TV and can only infer tiny pieces from newspaper quotes). All consistently good teams have these two things.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

@ 9:45 & prior: http://audio.weei.com/m/31145747/mike-milbury-nhl-tv-analyst.htm

Milbury nails it. The way Montreal took their last 2 series? Same strategy Philly is using. Bottom line: Good strategy that comes with good coaching.

Everyone has noticed but Julien, even if Philly has been doing this for the last 3 games.

If he did notice, he obviously has no strategy up his sleeve to challenge Philly. All these things equal mediocre coaching. Not awful, just not good enough.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

I'm not advocating they fire Julien, I'm just saying that the B's almost have to fire Julien...if they lose. Call it the Grady effect. Hard to overcome a 3-0 choke and say you did your job as head coach. They basically have to win tonight or Julien should go.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Cj does not score goals, but following up an opposition goal with a 4th line that has not scored a goal in the playoffs(begin scored with Berg) is just mind boggling. They also got 3 shifts in the 3rd when down 2, and had an extended shift when got caught for icing. You have to shorten your bench when you are down and your top players have to be on the ice. Lavio had shortened his bench and they were winning for cris sakes, cj take a play out of his book and use your best players to the maximum, there is no need to use the 4th line when you are down. This is do or die, and there is not one player not willing to go back to back shifts(not required but doable) and if they are not in shape at this time of year, they never will be. Yes the players know what they need to do is fine, he has a system, whether I like it or anyone else likes it, is one of the best in the game and has been successful over the past 2 years and in the playoffs. It would be more successful if he were to adapt to his changes better, and that starts with double shifting and bench shortening and putting the best available players on the ice. Even the coach in Prov new to put March out when he was down over Whit or any others down there. March was the best player in Prov, +/- and points per game so use him. He will live and die by his system, he doesn't roll the 4 lines as much as the season, but it is time to leave them on the bench when you are down, it is a lost shift and lost game time because they are not going to score. I just hope he doesn't die for this and another round yet.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

The so called best Bs cant do it on a regular shift,how the hell are they going to score tired.Your plan would also work wonders against the Habs,look at Ovie and Crosbys production.Todays NHL is much different than coaching 30 years ago watching Bobby skate through a whole team and win the cup.Claudes time may be up,but not because he uses his bench.

Sections
Shortcuts