First Visit to Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

First Visit to Boston

Just arrived home after visiting Boston for the first time.  I was lucky enough to be in attendance for the Bruins vs Rangers game.  Had an excellent time and was quite surprised how relevant hockey is in Boston.  We arrived in Boston on Friday to find out that the Hockey East tournament was on.  Every bar we went to, people were talking about it.  Saturday we had a chance to check out the Hockey East final between BC and Maine at one of the sports bars right near TD Garden.  That, followed by Sundays electric game vs the Rangers, made it a weekend to remember.

I've been a Bruins fan for years and am so glad that I was finally able to make it to Boston.  I love the town and its passion for hockey.  I just wanted to thank the city of Boston for being so welcoming.  It was quite an experience.  I hope to make a trip back soon.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Re: First Visit to Boston

Nice 306, glad you had a good time. The good weather helped lift everyone's spirit's around here. BC vs Fairbanks in beautiful Worcester.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

You caught a rare home win by the B's to boot! I miss living in a hockey town...Oregon has nothing (not a basketball fan)....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

don't be fooled.  Hockey is not really relevant in this town.  Don't judge one game brotha

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

In Response to Re: First Visit to Boston:
    don't be fooled.  Hockey is not really relevant in this town.  Don't judge one game brotha
    Posted by jtassinarisoccer

Lol, this town was built on hockey and Boxing! The celtics rent from the Bruins, the Pats are in foxboro and the baseball fad is starting to wear thin. 6,000 seats available for opening day vs Yankees still available.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Posted by jtassinarisoccer

statements like this goes to show how smart some people are.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

obviously jtassinari you are in the biggest minority on the planet. I know a fella named Ed tassinari who is a big boston and Bruins booster. Just complement the visitor and put your head back in the sand

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oliver18. Show oliver18's posts

Its a great sports town, ...gotta see some of the other stuff tho, ...Boston is a great city with lots to offer.  I live in upstate NY and go to Boston every year for a Sox game and love all it has to offer

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ahh I am a homie... got to love Boston.  My relatives from Sweden love it too.  Big hockey fans!  Go Bruins despite all of the negativity including mine at times!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

obviously jtassinari you are in the biggest minority on the planet. I know a fella named Ed tassinari who is a big boston and Bruins booster. Just complement the visitor and put your head back in the sand
    Posted by Bogie6

You mean soccer boy is actually attaching his real name to his posts . LOL . Please to meet you J. Tassinari. How many J. Tassinari's do you think there are in the Boston area that like the Celt's , Sox and Pats but not the Bruins ? Good to know. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

Oliver, I had a chance to see a lot of the city while I was there which was nice.  Went out to Fenway, checked out Harvard and MIT campuses, walked all over the downtown, toured the Constitution, did the Sam Adams brewery tour, etc.  Great time.

Looking forward to my next trip back, whenever that may be.  I'm sure there is a lot more to see and do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

Compare the NY papers and the Boston Herald. Bruins game was on the back page with nice color photos,Ranger coverage in the New York Post was buried somewhere with one article. Hockey in New York is a big fat 0.