fla,tb win tor loss and the hall-seguin era begins!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

tonight with a tb, fla win and tor loss the  bs clinch 29th overall meaning 1,2,3 in draft  really hope tor wins tonight though

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: fla,tb win tor loss and the hall-seguin era begins!

and then will you say the Kessel deal was a good one for the Bruins ?

Laughing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

hey hes gone so no choice to move on...if i had my choice for next 5yrs i would rather have kessel with a guarenteed 40 goals each yr...then hoping hall develops into that player...when we already knew what we were getting in kes

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Kessel hurt.  Probably will be shut down for the last 3 games.

This deal can't seriously be assessed until 4 or 5 years from now at the earliest but it really looks promising for the B's.  The B's/Leafs deal we can start assessing was the one made back in 2006 that gave the B's their starting goalie for the next 10 years for a warm body in Raycroft.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

........unless a lower seed wins the lottery

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

with exception to stamkos noone besides crosby or ovechkin drafted 1,2,3 has scored 50 goals lately....hall maybe intime will be better than kessel but for the immediate future..kessel wouldve been better for the bruins over the next 3-4 seasons with savard..and there is a possibilty by the way the bs dont get him!  edm could take him..or worse we could end up 3rd with the ping pong balls..i really hope you hall lovers are right because its gonna be tough watching kessel at worst bury 35 each year  while savard scratches his head with a 18 yr old rookie playing aside him 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Taylor Hall is a once in every 5 years or decade type player.

100%. 

Watch this guy.  I think he's improved a LOT since WJC.  That says a lot about him - outstanding work ethic.

Tremondous puck handling skills.  You can just see it in him, he makes moves very fluidly, it's very natural, then - and nothing against him - watch a guy like Krecji, who is an outstanding puck handler - you will see that tiny fraction of a second before he pulls a nifty move, it's just a split second, but it is there, and it is there for 99% of the gifted players in the NHL.  Watch Hall - that split second isn't there.  Plus he's big.  Plus he's strong.

Taylor Hall is going to be the best thing since sliced bread.

Edmonton will get him.

Seguin, I haven't seen enough of, but I sense Pierre Turgeon.  That's just gut feel.

Fowler I think is another Brian Leetch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: fla,tb win tor loss and the hall-seguin era begins!:
    with exception to stamkos noone besides crosby or ovechkin drafted 1,2,3 has scored 50 goals lately....hall maybe intime will be better than kessel but for the immediate future..kessel wouldve been better for the bruins over the next 3-4 seasons with savard..and there is a possibilty by the way the bs dont get him!  edm could take him..or worse we could end up 3rd with the ping pong balls..i really hope you hall lovers are right because its gonna be tough watching kessel at worst bury 35 each year  while savard scratches his head with a 18 yr old rookie playing aside him 
    Posted by bruins8

You are wrong about Hall, he will be better than Kessel immediately.
    You are right in that we won't get him.
    Seguin will put up 15-20 next year, then he will evolve into a 35 goal scorer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Bruins could win the lottery and pick whoever they want. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

For the immediate future not paying Kessel 5.6 mil to score 30+ was the right move IMO.  He is a huge liability in his own end and take a look at the teams he collects his points against.  You'll notice a trend.  Also when the Leafs started to make a slight push in the second half of the season, Kessel disappeared for app 15 games.  Adversity and PK don't seem to get along.  He scores and aids in the other team scoring.  With the B's injuries and multiple players having sub par years his absence was magnified but under the CAP circumstance and being threatened with an offer sheet, I think PC made the right decision in taking Burke's pics.  In hindsight not adding some type of scoring in the off season was a mistake but who would have thought the injuries and lack of offence from a collection of players would hit the B's the way it did?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthony3063. Show anthony3063's posts

For the immediate future not paying Kessel 5.6 mil to score 30+ was the right move IMO.  He is a huge liability in his own end and take a look at the teams he collects his points against.  You'll notice a trend.  Also when the Leafs started to make a slight push in the second half of the season, Kessel disappeared for app 15 games.  Adversity and PK don't seem to get along.  He scores and aids in the other team scoring.  With the B's injuries and multiple players having sub par years his absence was magnified but under the CAP circumstance and being threatened with an offer sheet, I think PC made the right decision in taking Burke's pics.  In hindsight not adding some type of scoring in the off season was a mistake but who would have thought the injuries and lack of offence from a collection of players would hit the B's the way it did?
    Posted by misterpaulo

You are a MORON! Phil Kessel suffered through Cancer and shoulder problems,he knows adversity. Trading him was STUPID! Who gives a crap if he doesn't backcheck? you think Guy Lafleur and Mike Bossy excelled at backchecking?
    You are a CLUELESS IDIOT! You need all types of players on a team, not just muckers and grinders- that is a loser mentality . Its those types of teams that work their tails off then lose when some skilled player easily scores .

If they were hellbent on trading Kessel, they should have then gone out and got some scoring ( see Stempniak & Mueller), but ChIapet said there really was not a deal out there..yea right PC ! another flaming idiot!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

i disagree...for kessel def liabilities..he is a proven scorer atleast 30 probably 40 each yr  espically with savard..  and kessel on this yr bs team and they are not fighting for playoff spot..thats a fact..we lost 28 1-2 goal games...he wouldve made a dif.....and you are dead wrong to think hall or seguin will be better than kessel next season...kessel will double their goal total

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanteFratto. Show DanteFratto's posts

Bruins8,

How many times are you going to post the same BS about Kessel and how the Bruins picks will never be as good as he is?

Give it a rest...don't you work or something? Is this the only thing you do all day?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Just when I thought any PK debate was over.  I believe the stats bear Kessel out and who and what he is.

People should realize that if the Bruins added 8 goals to every win they had this year, they would still be wins - and the losses would still be losses.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I've seen both players about equally this season and I think both will be great NHLer's.  They have different skill sets, though.  Seguin's IQ is alot higher than Hall's and that will give him the edge in creativity.  He also see's the ice better.  Hall will just use his speed and skill and either make your goalie look really bad or dish and wait for a rebound.

I think Seguin brings more to the table in the size catagory, though.  He's a little bigger and has a little more grit to his game.  He's also a better defensive player.

Either way, both players will be impact players for whatever team's they end up on.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Just when I thought any PK debate was over.  I believe the stats bear Kessel out and who and what he is. People should realize that if the Bruins added 8 goals to every win they had this year, they would still be wins - and the losses would still be losses.
    Posted by BadHabitude

What stats are you referring to BadHab?  You are comparing a player playing for a 2nd last place team with no centers close to the three Boston currently has.
    In spite of that he ended up:
    He has 55 points (that would be tops on the Bruins)
    He has 5 GWGs (that would be tops on the Bruins - 1 more than Bergeron)
    He has 16 points on the PP (8 goals and 8 assists) - that would be tied for tops on the Bruins (Chara has 4 goals and 12 assists)
    He has 3 shoot goals (tied with Savard who was tops in Boston)

He did that coming off shoulder injury to start the season.

He also scored at least 1 point against every team in the league except Rangers and St.Louis.

Overall, not bad for a 22 year old sniper that played with AHL centers all season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: fla,tb win tor loss and the hall-seguin era begins! : You are wrong about Hall, he will be better than Kessel immediately. You are right in that we won't get him. Seguin will put up 15-20 next year, then he will evolve into a 35 goal scorer.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I think Hall will be better than Kessel, but not immediately.  He will definitely be a better 2-way player than Kessel, probably right away.  But we won't score 30 goals until his 2nd or 3rd season.  If healthy, I project Kessel gets 40 next season either playing with Bozak or Kadri.  I agree with your assessment on Seguin, though.  Seguin would be a good fit for the Bruins, especially depending on how Savard rebounds from the concussion.

By the way, Hall is actally NOT that big.  He's only 6.00 and weights 180 lb, about the same size as Kadri.  Not tiny, by any means, but both these players need to get bigger and stronger to handle the  NHL size defenceman.  Kadri plays with more grit (reminds me of Linesman).  Almost broke the 100-100 club (100 points and 100 minutes in penalties).  Actually more the prototypical Bruin of yester-year.

I like Hall a lot though, and he will become an impact winger in the NHL. 

Hopefully he makes the Bruins in his first year so the leafs only have to wait 3 years to pluck him as an RFA in 3 years.....we should get a 1st round draft pick by then.........LOL

Still love you BadHab...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

And he's hurt again, right before the start of the post season.  Can't win Cups if your not scoring playoff goals.  We made that discovery last season..  He's not very durable, bro.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Allot of "Ifs" and "probably's" with PK.  Like if he ever stays healthy enough to score 40 he'll probably be worth 5.6 million.  Same applies to the future drafts but I would rather take my chances with these pics than pay PK 5.6 million considering he is what he is.  Yeah, I know...he's got all this upside "if"....

There is a reason respected vets like Recchi don't think much of PK.  We'll never really know but maybe once Recchi retires he'll tell it like it is.     

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

And he's hurt again, right before the start of the post season.  Can't win Cups if your not scoring playoff goals.  We made that discovery last season..  He's not very durable, bro.
    Posted by bim09

Last season???  are talking about when he played 11 playoff games and had 11 points with 6 goals?  yeah, that's terrible production.....where did this whole thing about Kessel not being able to perform in the playoffs come from?  He got benched in his rookie year and then returned and helped the B's come from 3-1 down and force a game 7 with 4 points in 4 games (3 goals).  Then last year he was a point per game player with 6 goals in 11 games.  that doesn't look like someone who isn't a playoff performer....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

funny tidbit, but Joe Thornton has 12 goals in 76 post-season games......Phil Kessel has 9 in only 15!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

How many brutal giveaways does PK have in games vs teams with jerseys?  Anybody have that stat?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Good to hear from the "I love Phil Kessel Fan Club".  I do not know why people think a guy who has been on the ice for more goals against than goals for deserves 5.5 million per year.  I will take Zack Parise 100 out 100 over Kessel and he makes less money.  Burke was willing to overpay for Kessel and overpay Kessel.  The Bruins got a great deal and may get a franchise player out of it, which is what Burke thought he was getting in Kessel.  Burke misjudged what he was getting and that's why he thought they would make the playoffs but the team is no better with Kessel.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Good to hear from the "I love Phil Kessel Fan Club".  I do not know why people think a guy who has been on the ice for more goals against than goals for deserves 5.5 million per year.  I will take Zack Parise 100 out 100 over Kessel and he makes less money.  Burke was willing to overpay for Kessel and overpay Kessel.  The Bruins got a great deal and may get a franchise player out of it, which is what Burke thought he was getting in Kessel.  Burke misjudged what he was getting and that's why he thought they would make the playoffs but the team is no better with Kessel.
    Posted by Orrthebest

plus/minus is the most over-rated statistic in the NHL.  It's a more relevent statistic for defencemen and a reflection of how good your goaltending is.

If you follow your logic, then I guess Bruins are much better off not having Lucic at -8 playing since he's been on the ice for more goals against.  In fact, it's even more glaring since Lucic is one of the few Bruin forwards that has a minus rating.
    Malkin is a -7.  Crosby has 97 points (but only +11).

You judge scorers by how much they score, GWGs, powerplay points, shootout goals, overtime goals etc.

By the way, I'd take Praise over Kessel any day as well......he is a legit superstar

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

Not part of the "I Love Phil Kessel Fan Club", just pointing out the fact that he HAS produced in the playoffs.  I have no problem with the trade, especially since he reportedly didn't want to be here, but I hate the rewriting of history and I especially hate the fact that PC did NOTHING to replace his goals for THIS season....is PC still wondering why his team can't score????

And who wouldn't take Parise over Kessel????  Does that make Kessel s**k because Parise's better????  A totally irrelevant point unless there was a choice made between the 2.

Sections
Shortcuts