fla,tb win tor loss and the hall-seguin era begins!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Re: fla,tb win tor loss and the hall-seguin era begins!

Folks, the debate over the Kessel deal will continue until whomever the Bruins draft eventually equals or surpasses what PK has already done and probably continues to do.  That's a ton of pressure on an as yet unproven commodity.  For our club, I hope the pick turns out to be of some significant impact for the team but we're also aware that not every high choice lights it up in the league.  Kessel's lived up to the expectations of him for the Leafs.  Here's hoping these 
    top picks arranged in the deal by PC do the same for the Bruins.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

Here is the thing, Hall scoring 30 at 800K> Kessel scoring 50 (even though hes not anywhere near a 50 goal scorer right now) at 5.4

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

hall will be the better player but not the next 2 seasons at best

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Not saying the Bruins are going to get Hall but if they did put him with Savard and Lucic and see if he can walk in Kessel's shoes. If he can the Bruins win this trade because they still have a high 2nd and another first next year. I will admit we could use Kessel this year but I am over it the trade is done. time to move on folks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to
    [QUOTE]Last season???  are talking about when he played 11 playoff games and had 11 points with 6 goals?  yeah, that's terrible production.....where did this whole thing about Kessel not being able to perform in the playoffs come from?  He got benched in his rookie year and then returned and helped the B's come from 3-1 down and force a game 7 with 4 points in 4 games (3 goals).  Then last year he was a point per game player with 6 goals in 11 games.  that doesn't look like someone who isn't a playoff performer....
    Posted by blydon75[/QUOTE]
    He was hampered with a serious shoulder injury all through the playoffs last year and CLEARLY wasn't the player he was during the regular season.  Yes, he scored some goals, but the fact is, he was playing playoff hockey with a serious injury.  And once again he has an injury as the league heads into playoff season.

So glad he's gone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

hall even with savard will need atleast a full season before making any kind of substanial impact

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

All of Kessel's playoff production has come against Carey Price - or the Shabs at least.  He scored twice in one of the Carolina games, and that was a game the Bruins won handily anyway.  Otherwise, he was a turnover machine who reverted to his habit of trying to skate through everybody.  So he has a positive impact on one game of that series and had a negative impact on six others.  He was great in a series where the Bruins thumped a team that had basically quit.  He was great the year before because he was personally embarrassed and the Bruins were in a situation where they had nothing to lose.  Sorry, but I don't see the psychology of a playoff scorer behind Kessel's playoff numbers, even if they do look good compared to The Problem. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

when do the xcuses stopi.e excuse masters. Yes, cj figured out kess to be too much of a turnover machine that when he benched him the team played flawless hockey and scored many , sure thing. they s.u.c.k.ed.. ever wonder if big dumbo had not benched him. a huge turnover machine in playoffs yet a very good plus minus in playoffs.
    i tell u never stops now it's because the habs were crap that's why they did so well without kess .

I digress, i said it b4 and say it agin the only reason that the bruins are in playoff contention is because of Rask. have said this for months. if rask not there we are not in playoff picture,

PC GO AHEAD AND THANK GORTON FOR THAT ONE

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

In Response to Re: fla,tb win tor loss and the hall-seguin era begins!:
    [QUOTE]hey hes gone so no choice to move on...if i had my choice for next 5yrs i would rather have kessel with a guarenteed 40 goals each yr...then hoping hall develops into that player...when we already knew what we were getting in kes
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

bruins8 Did you forget about this post you wrote just a couple days ago:

i just want the bs to win....and to me losing kessel is their biggest problem now...i mean 8 ga in 11 games yet only 5-3  fine lets all make a deal...i wont talk about kessel if you guys stop talking about draft and lets both only talk about the rest of this season until it ends then we can talk about draft />>>deal?
    Posted by bruins8

Chowdahkid was right he knew you wouldn't be able to go without talking about your love for Kessel or you saying 40 goal scorer when talking about him.  You ask that we don't talk about the draft and then look who starts a new discussion about Hall and Seguin.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

Not even going to bother arguing.  The people that hate Kessel will always throw the numbers away and just say he's soft and that he only scores against bad teams or whatever to make themselves feel better.  The fact is, he is a great talent that will help ANY team that he plays for.  If you want to argue salary or other factors that's fine, but to say this guy had an overall negative effect on this team when he was here is ridiculous.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

bruins8 point totals
    9 kessel and 40 goal scorer quotes = 9 goals
    4 hall/seguin qoutes = 4 assists
    total for thread so far - 9 goals and 4 assists = 13 points
    April 4 till now 12 goals + 5 assists = 17 points

Two things people should know about my buddy bruins8 , he's got an infatuation with Kessel and he has a crystal ball that tells him of hall/seguin's future . I don't know how many times bruins8 can repeat himself on these topics ( even though he has stated he hasn't seen hall/seguin play) but I'm counting up till the draft. 17 times in 3 days . Not bad !!! OCD ????

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: fla,tb win tor loss and the hall-seguin era begins! : What stats are you referring to BadHab?  You are comparing a player playing for a 2nd last place team with no centers close to the three Boston currently has. In spite of that he ended up: He has 55 points (that would be tops on the Bruins) He has 5 GWGs (that would be tops on the Bruins - 1 more than Bergeron) He has 16 points on the PP (8 goals and 8 assists) - that would be tied for tops on the Bruins (Chara has 4 goals and 12 assists) He has 3 shoot goals (tied with Savard who was tops in Boston) He did that coming off shoulder injury to start the season. He also scored at least 1 point against every team in the league except Rangers and St.Louis. Overall, not bad for a 22 year old sniper that played with AHL centers all season.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  Great stats.  And against the Bruins this year, he has 1 assist.
    Why?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

well anyone who wants to wager seguin or hall has more goals than kessel next season please send me an way to get intouch with you...ill even give you 10 goals

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

i only brought him up in response i said "if you dont mention him i wont either"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]well anyone who wants to wager seguin or hall has more goals than kessel next season please send me an way to get intouch with you...ill even give you 10 goals

Yes here it is . ilovephilkessel@gmail.com.

1 kessel quote = 1 goal
    1 hall/seguin quote = 1 assist
    total 1+1=2

total to date - 13 goals + 6 assists = 19 points

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

fine its not kessel the bs miss its pj axelsson....ok i admit it 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: fla,tb win tor loss and the hall-seguin era begins! : Exactly.  Great stats.  And against the Bruins this year, he has 1 assist. Why?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE}
    First 2 games, from what I recall, Kessel wasn't a factor to be sure.

Last 3 games, he was stoned a number of times by Rask and Thomas.  I thought he generated quite a few scoring chances. I think Boston deserved the last game, but the two games before that Toronto completely outplayed them.

So combination of Chara (best shutdown defenceman) and Rask (top goaltender) was the reason Kessel only had 1 assist.  The fact that Julien would put Chara out anytime Kessel was out is an indication of the scoring threat he poses.

Other factor is that Leafs currently have no one else that other teams (including Boston) need to worry much about so they could focus on the only scoring threat which was Kessel's line.

Kessel isn't a superstar that will shine every game, I'd be the first to agree. However he will continue to be what he is, a scoring threat good for at least 30+ goals every year and likely much higher when he is surrounded by better players, especially at center.

If he scored 30 playing with AHL centers this year, I still contend he'd have 40+ playing with Savard, Krecji or Bergeron.  I've watch enough Bruin games to see how many more scoring opportunities close in Kessel would have had with those creative players and he has a laser shot, doesn't need much room.

But that is all conjecture.........I'm sure you're as bored talking about it as I am.

Let's start a Kadri versus Hall thread and argue that one next....LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]fine its not kessel the bs miss its pj axelsson....ok i admit it 

1 kessel quote = 1 goal
    total to date - 14 goals + 6 assists = 20 points

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

everyone is getting wrong idea of me...i dont love kessels game  and i understand hall will eventually be a great player better than kessel..what i am saying is kessel will score at worst 30 for the next 10yrs...barring injury...at the end of the day thats really what matters..you need 2 score to win and this guy does just that not to mention allows other players aka bergy, krejci more room and play against less than average players where wout kes they are facing top checking unit all the time...and also with the bs playing the most ot games...4 on 4 and in the shootout kessel becomes ever so big...in my opinion shouldve kept him he at 5 mil was more important than thomas 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsdiehard. Show bruinsdiehard's posts

The origin of this whole discussion is pointless anyways. Given his track record as GM, I truly do wonder if PC has the brainpower to actually select Seguin or Hall if he's given the second overall pick in the draft and they are available to him. I have this horrible feeling in my gut that Chiapet is going to call Belichick to have a nice long discussion about the "secrets" of good drafting, and then trade the pick for a 6th rounder. To Montreal probably. And then come out and explain that he didn't want to have to go through the trouble of negotiating a contract with superstar down the road because it would mean replacing his precious possessions of Ryder and Wideman.

Just you watch...

I've turned into a real b*st*rd of a pessimist thanks to this season, in case you couldn't tell   Wink

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from norwoodmustang. Show norwoodmustang's posts

In Response to fla,tb win tor loss and the hall-seguin era begins!:
    [QUOTE]tonight with a tb, fla win and tor loss the  bs clinch 29th overall meaning 1,2,3 in draft  really hope tor wins tonight though

You do realize even if the Maple Leafs finish in 29th place the Bruins can still get the #3 pick wich means no Hall or Seguin right LOL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

LRH it was Thomas that stoned Kessel not Rask.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

Hey Leaf fan, nobody on this planet is comparing your little Kadri with Taylor Hall. After five minutes in the NHL next year Kadri will be left in Hall's dust.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]everyone is getting wrong idea of me...i dont love kessels game  and i understand hall will eventually be a great player better than kessel..what i am saying is kessel will score at worst 30 for the next 10yrs...barring injury...at the end of the day thats really what matters..you need 2 score to win and this guy does just that not to mention allows other players aka bergy, krejci more room and play against less than average players where wout kes they are facing top checking unit all the time...and also with the bs playing the most ot games...4 on 4 and in the shootout kessel becomes ever so big...in my opinion shouldve kept him he at 5 mil was more important than thomas 

bruins8 you were due for this type of sympathetic post . It has happened about 6-7 times since January . You go on your little rant about kessel/hall/seguin and then when everyone starts telling you what they think about your repetitve  hall/seguin isn't as good as my boyfriend Phil Kessel comments you play the poor misunderstood poster. AND THEN YOU GO RIGHT BACK TO SQUARE 1 AND START THE CYCLE OVER AGAIN. I just wonder what the over/under is on how many posts before that starts happening again. I say 5. Oh by the way ........

5 kessel quotes = 5 goals
    1 hall/seguin = 1 assist
    5+1=6

total to date 23 goals + 8 assists = 31 points 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: fla,tb win tor loss and the hall-seguin era begins! : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: fla,tb win tor loss and the hall-seguin era begins! : Exactly.  Great stats.  And against the Bruins this year, he has 1 assist. Why? Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE} First 2 games, from what I recall, Kessel wasn't a factor to be sure. Last 3 games, he was stoned a number of times by Rask and Thomas.  I thought he generated quite a few scoring chances. I think Boston deserved the last game, but the two games before that Toronto completely outplayed them. So combination of Chara (best shutdown defenceman) and Rask (top goaltender) was the reason Kessel only had 1 assist.  The fact that Julien would put Chara out anytime Kessel was out is an indication of the scoring threat he poses. Other factor is that Leafs currently have no one else that other teams (including Boston) need to worry much about so they could focus on the only scoring threat which was Kessel's line. Kessel isn't a superstar that will shine every game, I'd be the first to agree. However he will continue to be what he is, a scoring threat good for at least 30+ goals every year and likely much higher when he is surrounded by better players, especially at center. If he scored 30 playing with AHL centers this year, I still contend he'd have 40+ playing with Savard, Krecji or Bergeron.  I've watch enough Bruin games to see how many more scoring opportunities close in Kessel would have had with those creative players and he has a laser shot, doesn't need much room. But that is all conjecture.........I'm sure you're as bored talking about it as I am. Let's start a Kadri versus Hall thread and argue that one next....LOL
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

Kadri vs. Hall?  That's not funny, that's blasphemy.