Floppy should start game 5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

Floppy should start game 5

Just figured I'd beat the TT lovers to the punch. You know there are gonna be people out there that think Thomas should start game 5 because Tuukka is "tired".
    For anyone that thinks that, BULLCRAP!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

Re: Floppy should start game 5

I was about to explode reading the title.  Only injury will keep Tuukka out on Monday. 

Funny though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

Rask made 3 brilliant saves in OT, in fact, the exact last shot before the game-winner was an amazing skate save on a shot that would have beaten Timmy or probably most other goalies in the NHL. I usually don't go gah-gah over a goalie when he allows 5 goals, but if you look at how poor the team played in front of him at times, and how often he made super saves, i'd say i'm proud of him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

I am Tim Thomas' biggest fan, and I still think Rask has been nothing short of Vezina in his overall performance this season

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

the extra day of rest should do tuukka well.  he'll be dynamite in game 5.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickvox. Show nickvox's posts

Jack has been furiously writing his series clinching speech all week praying he gets a game five on NESN...hopefully he gets his moment and it tops "rag tag farmer" speech.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

No offense to Tim thomas...

But this has got to be a joke, isn't it ?

It's not April 1...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In Response to Floppy should start game 5:
    Just figured I'd beat the TT lovers to the punch. You know there are gonna be people out there that think Thomas should start game 5 because Tuukka is "tired". For anyone that thinks that, BULLCRAP!
    Posted by notrolls

Sorry, but the only person to even mention Thomas, is you. No one is saying to start him, because Rask's play has not warrented a goaltender change.
    I am curious though, about why you feel the need to insult a player that has not only made the NHL, but has excelled.                                                        While you sit there on your couch, dusting chip crumbs off your stomach, Thomas has been in the top 5 in goalie stats for 3 of the last 4 years, and was voted by his peers last year, as the best goalie in the world.
    But I'm sure that pales in comparison to all your great accomplishments in your life.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisbruinsfan1985. Show chrisbruinsfan1985's posts

I do not like Thomas one bit but I 100% agree with the post by biggskye.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

"Rask's play has not warranted a goaltender change..."

Exactly --

So, why are we even discussing this ?

The Bruins will get a rest over the weekend, and come out strong as a team on Monday night at home to take this series...

No worries.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

You all have your sarcasm detectors turned off and its making you look like idiots.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Re: Floppy should start game 5:
    In Response to Floppy should start game 5 :    Sorry, but the only person to even mention Thomas, is you. No one is saying to start him, because Rask's play has not warrented a goaltender change. I am curious though, about why you feel the need to insult a player that has not only made the NHL, but has excelled.                                                        While you sit there on your couch, dusting chip crumbs off your stomach, Thomas has been in the top 5 in goalie stats for 3 of the last 4 years, and was voted by his peers last year, as the best goalie in the world. But I'm sure that pales in comparison to all your great accomplishments in your life.
    Posted by biggskye

When was he in the top 5 for goalie stats for a 3 year stretch?  He lead the league in his Vezina season in GAA and Save %, was 4th in Save % the season before (I think) and if I'm not mistaken wasn't in the top 15 in either of those categories other then that.  I'm pretty sure he was never in the top 5 for wins or shutouts so I don't know what stats you're talking about.

The Vezina is not voted on by his peers.  The GMs decide that award.  Also it's not who's the best goalie in the world, it's just the guy who had the best season in the NHL.  Big difference.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

I too was ready to answer this post ready to lash out at notrolls but after reading what he had to say, this post is bang on.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Yes Rask should and will start but aside from all the above discussion, with Krejci and Sturm out he needs to play better than game 4.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

In Response to Re: Floppy should start game 5:
    I too was ready to answer this post ready to lash out at notrolls but after reading what he had to say, this post is bang on.
    Posted by Reilly24

I'm glad a few of you actually took the time to read the post and not just the thread title.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

It's sarcasm, but a valid thing to bring up. The fact remains that the B's do have 2 goalies, and one did win the Vezina last year. It's a nice luxury to be able to go to the bench knowing you may have a solid netminder to go to. However, with that said, the NHL has changed dramatically in how playoff teams plan and play. They don't play the 2-goalie system much or at all. It's one guy. I don't particularly like it, but I don't recall ever having a problem when it was Cheevers-Gilbert or Moog-Lemelin. I rooted for both of them in each tandem, and I didn't feel well they are being stupid by starting one over the other. If Thomas played game 5, I wouldn't cry about it. If Rask starts every game of the playoffs, I'm fine with it. Bottom line, is people are crying for one over the other. It shouldn't be a factor as a fan to have this "dilemma." It's not a dilemma, it's a luxury.

Sections
Shortcuts