flugo says Carter for TT too much

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

flugo says Carter for TT too much

Flugo you got to be kidding ?!?!? Which side are you on anyway?!? I'm not a Thomas fan never have been but he's every bit as valuable as Carter is. If the  B's end up with another role player for Thomas we might as well just give him away! I'm sick of character guys no more Character guys!!!!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Re: flugo says Carter for TT too much

To me, trading Savard is more of a must than trading Thomas.  Rask had a GREAT 2009-2010 season, but you can't ignore the history of "sophmore slumps" in the NHL, especially for goalies.  Not to mention, he played less than stellar in the latter part of the Flyers series.  Having Thomas as a backup, even at 5 million, is a luxury many teams don't have.

Savard, on the other hand, is having to compete with 3 other centers for the top spots this year.  His age, salary, injuries, and personality (throwing Sobotka under the bus) are all reasons he needs to go.  Bergeron is a great character guy, something this team lacks, and literally does everything on the ice.  Krejci and Seguin are the future 1-2 centers on this team.

Definitely deal Savard.  Don't feel pressured to deal Thomas, unless you can get a significant contributor to this team (forward or D). 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In Response to Re: flugo says Carter for TT too much:
    To me, trading Savard is more of a must than trading Thomas.  Rask had a GREAT 2009-2010 season, but you can't ignore the history of "sophmore slumps" in the NHL, especially for goalies.  Not to mention, he played less than stellar in the latter part of the Flyers series.  Having Thomas as a backup, even at 5 million, is a luxury many teams don't have. Savard, on the other hand, is having to compete with 3 other centers for the top spots this year.  His age, salary, injuries, and personality (throwing Sobotka under the bus) are all reasons he needs to go.  Bergeron is a great character guy, something this team lacks, and literally does everything on the ice.  Krejci and Seguin are the future 1-2 centers on this team. Definitely deal Savard.  Don't feel pressured to deal Thomas, unless you can get a significant contributor to this team (forward or D). 
    Posted by TimThomas-god

who cares what savard said about a 4th line nonscoring center who may or may not even make the team this year

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

In Response to Re: flugo says Carter for TT too much : who cares what savard said about a 4th line nonscoring center who may or may not even make the team this year
    Posted by stillallbost08

Agreed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

trade savvy becuase in frustration he said a mean thing about Vladdy?  Ya, that's a good idea let's trade a pnt producer because he hurt the 4th liner's feelings.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

trade savvy becuase in frustration he said a mean thing about Vladdy?  Ya, that's a good idea let's trade a pnt producer because he hurt the 4th liner's feelings.
    Posted by mxx

You can go f*** yourself if you don't like it.  I never said Savard "hurt his feelings".  Savard's an egotistical pr!ck and should be dealt to whatever team will take his spazzy style of play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. He's just mad because TT will be dealt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carloaz. Show carloaz's posts

trade savvy because in frustration he said a mean thing about Vladdy?  Ya, that's a good idea let's trade a pnt producer because he hurt the 4th liner's feelings.
    Posted by mxx

Exactly,  Why the f do we blame Savard I'm pissed at Sobotka. I will miss this from him though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxiBaHF3J-0

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: flugo says Carter for TT too much : Exactly, Why the Why the f do we blame Savard I'm pissed at Sobotka. I will miss this from him though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxiBaHF3J-0
    Posted by carloaz

Yeah, you should be pissed at Sobotka, all he did was his job.  Savard is the one who indicated for the line change, and then refused to get off the ice.  Could you please explain the logic behind your argument, because it seems to make no sense whatsoever.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

To me, trading Savard is more of a must than trading Thomas.
    Posted by TimThomas-god

Some viallage is missing an idiot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: flugo says Carter for TT too much : Some viallage is missing an idiot.
    Posted by BTownExpress

Your mother must be so proud of you. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. He's just mad because TT will be dealt
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

And your just mad because your parents are siblings!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: flugo says Carter for TT too much : Some viallage is missing an idiot.
    Posted by BTownExpress

Must be your V-I-L-L-A-G-E!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

Two things:

1) Thomas for Carter straight up would be win-win for both teams and an even deal.

2) I wouldn't tradeThomas.  Rask was soft in the Philly series.  He gave up a bunch of softies and 2 of them in game 7.  Granted he may have been tired and is young, but he looked terrible on wrap arounds or just in general when the opponent has the puck behind the net. Also gave up big rebounds, a la Raycroft.

I think the B's lost the series NOT starting Thomas game 4 in Philly.  He was hungry, Rask was tired.  Worst case, Rask in rested for 5,6, and 7.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Maybe to trade TT to Philly for Carter we sweeten the pot and add a prospect, Ryder or Wheelers rights. Carter is a very good player and would help us because like we miss Kessels scoring, Carter will help replace the scoring lost by a stupid Savy trade. I don't want to see happen what happened last season when PC didn't replace the lost parts and that cost us a series. Seguin will not replace Savy for along time and I hope PC smartens up and decides to mend the fences with Savy. PC should be looking for scoring wingers and keep what scoring we have. Damn I hate the thought of losing Savy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cad11. Show cad11's posts

In Response to flugo says Carter for TT too much:
    Flugo you got to be kidding ?!?!? Which side are you on anyway?!? I'm not a Thomas fan never have been but he's every bit as valuable as Carter is. If the  B's end up with another role player for Thomas we might as well just give him away! I'm sick of character guys no more Character guys!!!!! 
    Posted by mebackagin

You are talking about Jeff Carter??? I like TT, but if the Bruins could get Carter for TT straight up it would an absolute STEAL for the Bruins. Jeff Carter is not a character guy. He is a young, talented goal scorer. TT is an aging goalie who's best year is behind him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Holmgren and Bobby Clarke would have to be high to trade Carter for Thomas, straight up. Not happening.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

No way Philly gives up Carter !!!  IT'll be Gagne but they'll want a little something extra.
    I HOPE IT'S GAGNE !!!!  I will get free tickets !!!! OMG

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Gagne is talented, no doubt. But, he's been inconsistent at times.

03: 24G
    05: 47G
    06: 41G
    08: 34G
    09: 17G

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonfan4ever2010. Show Bostonfan4ever2010's posts

Inconsistentcy comes from injury this year.  Plus he will love our new Russian D-Man ;-))

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

Give me Hartnell and a 1rst, I'm happy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Give me Hartnell and a 1rst, I'm happy.
    Posted by bruinsGENIUS

I don't think the Bruins are going to get Hartnell AND a first.  Then again, the Flyers are desperate...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Carter for Thomas straight up is absurd. We're talking about a 25 yr old that scored 46 goals 2 years ago and 33 in an injury shortened one last year. Contrary to popular belief for some posters on here, Tim Thomas is 36 and just had surgery to repair a torn labrum.

Why wouldnt the Flyers trade a 40+ goal scorer that isnt even at his prime for a guy that might be able to play a few more years at best? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Flyers are going after Nabakov

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

Flyers are going after Nabakov
    Posted by mattymcgee55

Nabakov and the flyers are done talking. Nabby wants 5yrs.
    Ha.