Forsberg with the B's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Forsberg with the B's

The Toronto Sun is reporting that the Bruins are one of a handful of teams interested in Peter

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/columnists/mike_zeisberger/2009/11/11/11707201-sun.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazybsfan04. Show crazybsfan04's posts

Re: Forsberg with the B's

sturm savard forsberg
                            lucic  krejci  ryder
                            recchi bergy wheels 
                            thorny begin bitzy
    paille scratch.boychuk scratch.sobotka scratch.

that's all i got lol just spitballin' a bit to see what one the lines would look like if we did get forsberg, and two what they'd look like with savy and lucic back in the line up. just having fun that's all,nothing more. lol.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

I'll pass. An older player with a foot problem for the past 2 or 3 seasons doesn't really tickle my fancy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I would like him for the right price obviously.  The Bruins wouldn't have to give up anything, so not a lot to lose.  He is a point per game player, even now, and maybe they play him every other game a la Cam Neely to keep him healthy for the playoff run.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

If he's healthy and isn't looking to cash in with an inflated salary, he would be worth a try.  He has sick skills and is a warrior in the playoffs....something the Bruins haven't had since Neely laced 'em up!  Could be interesting!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I'll take his play with 2 broken foots, he is a fierce competitor worthy of the black and gold. If he plays it is a bonus and if he doesn't, he's just another Sturm onlyhe's not taking up icetime.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazybsfan04. Show crazybsfan04's posts

anyone here know off hand how much he's worth anyways?(forsberg)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm all confused.  Aren't we playing for the 2009-2010 Stanley Cup?

Why is everyone interested in building a team for the 1998 Stanley Cup?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from emjake5236. Show emjake5236's posts

Even with a broken foot this guy would be our best player (no disrespect Saavy)
    ...I would worry about his durability but i would absolutely 100% take him on this team in any form in any position.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

The guy is falling apart, he makes Gaborik look like an ironman. Unless we can sign him for 750,000 a year, I would not want him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Hasn't he already said again and again he will only play with Philly or Colorado anyhow?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I voted no but, the Bs have over 5 mil in space right now and if hes only say 1 mil then one never knows what he can do

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

i,d take this guy if h,e only in tip top shape and only as a rent a player for the playoffs would help on the second unit powerplay

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

If the price is reasonable, who in their right mind wouldn't want him? hes 36, and do you know how many seasons he has failed to put up a point per game average? ONCE, in 06-07 when he played in 17 games and put up 15 points.
    Depending on the cost, he would be a good pick up

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

also, of the other teams mentioned, the bruins actually have the most cap room, they don't have over 5 mill, like wallydouglas suggested, because savard and lucic will go back on the cap soon, but they will have more room than philly, vancouver, and NYR

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Was an incredible talent but injury after injury he is just not worth it the man can't stay healthy. Who needs that and he always demands allot of money. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

They can sign a salary up to the 5M right now, with LTI they can go over the limit of player out Sav is at 5M.
    Cap Numbers
    http://www.capgeek.com/tracker/team.php?Team=5&date=2009-11-11

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?team=BOS&season=0910

Both show about 5M for cap space.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

In Response to Re: Forsberg with the B's:
    [QUOTE]Even with a broken foot this guy would be our best player (no disrespect Saavy) ...I would worry about his durability but i would absolutely 100% take him on this team in any form in any position.
    Posted by emjake5236[/QUOTE]

There is no way Forsberg would be our best player at this stage of his career with the injuries he has had.If he is ,then this team is in trouble.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

A healthy Forsberg would be an awesome addition if the B's could get him with an incentive laden contract.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

those cap numbers are figuring savard out on LTIR for the rest of the year, once they put him back on the roster, you'll see about 3.5-4 million added

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from vickers21. Show vickers21's posts

Jacobs will pocket that 5 Million. Trust me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosismooses. Show mosismooses's posts

Let me get this straight...Mark Recchi plays a regular shift on this team right now & people are looking to pass on Peter Forsberg??????

This team is OK and will make the playoffs, but will not win the Cup this year as is. There is a reason that teams that are in contention are interested in this guy.

This management team will do a better job with drafting and talent evaluation than the previous "regimes" but let them do it AFTER we win the cup. It will be difficult to be in the running every year in a salary cap league. Ask any Rangers fan if they would give back the Cup from 1994 in exchange for the years of mediocrity in the years following....I know what my answer would be.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I said no only because he will demand a lot of money and he's a big risk.
    Now,  if this were at trade deadline i would swing more yes than no (I haven't read article in TorontoSun).
    If the Bruins were to pickup a player via trade and dump salary during holidays or  before Olympic break it must be a someone that can put the puck in the net and not PAST his prime.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Article on TSN that talks about Forsberg not wanting to return unless he assures himself that he is ready and his feet can handle it.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=297961

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Terrible idea... Forsberg isnt himself anymore. Who would put him on the first line? are you kidding me?!?! if anything hes at best a third line addition. but at what cost? cost of not being able to make a trade deadline move cuz cap space was acquired by Peter forsberg that may have 30 points during the season.