Franchises to do away with

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Franchises to do away with

I actually bumped back and forth in the 80's between Calgary and Winnipeg. If I recall correctly, the sea of red was a response to Winnipeg, not the other way around, but I may be wrong. 

I think it was ultimately part of a promotional thing with CJOB and influenced by the Canucks for sure, and maybe the Flames as well. I do remeber that 87 series when we knocked out the Flames, and it seemed every game after that was nothing but white, so you may be right. So long ago, and the memory is not as good as it once was.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Donut-Whisperer. Show The-Donut-Whisperer's posts

It's a valiant struggle trying to keep a team afloat, but in the end trying to save something swimming in red ink that people just don't want to support is bad for business.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinfan01. Show bruinfan01's posts

In Response to Re: Franchises to do away with:
    there is nothing we dont have right here that we need so why learn about other places espcially places like canada that have given losy beer and yo old winesocke what else has canada ever done for me or the boston bruins? Go B's.
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts

nothing like a dimwit from saugus trying to say something about canada where hockey was actually born. do some reading about the country idiot before you say something dumb like that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Sorry decided not to bite my tongue after all
    What has Canada done for the B's? Here's the all-time top ten scoring list for the B's - of them only one, Hodge, isn't a Canadian, he's a Brit, but was trained in Canada. So no, other than providing the team with almost every hockey hall of famer it has ever produced, they've done nothing for the team (rolls eyes)

Ray BourqueD 1518 395 1111 1506
    Johnny BucykLW 1436 545 794 1339
    Phil EspositoC 625 459 553 1012 
    Rick Middleton RW 881 402 496 898
    Bobby OrrD 631 264 624 888 
    Wayne CashmanLW 1027 277 516 793 
    Ken HodgeRW 652 289 385 674 
    Terry O'ReillyRW 891 204 402 606 
    Cam NeelyRW 525 344 246 590
    Peter McNabC 595 263 324 587

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I actually bumped back and forth in the 80's between Calgary and Winnipeg. If I recall correctly, the sea of red was a response to Winnipeg, not the other way around, but I may be wrong.  I think it was ultimately part of a promotional thing with CJOB and influenced by the Canucks for sure, and maybe the Flames as well. I do remeber that 87 series when we knocked out the Flames, and it seemed every game after that was nothing but white, so you may be right. So long ago, and the memory is not as good as it once was.
    Posted by red75

Now see I knew someone posted here from that area and there would be an explanation. I think they showed one of those games on NHL.net not too long ago. Tkachuk and Janney were leading the Jets against the Canucks right before they moved to Phoenix. Great game too. Thanks Red!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beer-League-Goalie. Show Beer-League-Goalie's posts

Say there Kanes, what has any player born in Mass., Maine or New Hamshire (or any player trained at BU or BC) ever done for the Bruins?

Lacouture, Donato, Gill, Heinze, Bates, Fitzgerald, Mceachern etc etc...

The bush league players from New England brought in by OConnell were the first to go when Chiarelli took over.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

Say there Kanes, what has any player born in Mass., Maine or New Hamshire (or any player trained at BU or BC) ever done for the Bruins? Lacouture, Donato, Gill, Heinze, Bates, Fitzgerald, Mceachern etc etc... The bush league players from New England brought in by OConnell were the first to go when Chiarelli took over.
    Posted by Beer-League-Goalie

allstar, 7 player, vezina and soon to have a stanly cup a con smyth and hart trophy and a gold medal is timmy t. best goalie the bruins ever had is from USA but give us more goons from lumberjacks camps. go b's

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

and he displaces who? Cheevers? Brimsek?
    Not taking anything away from the American and European players that the Bs have had, but that's not the statement you made.
    You were being xenophobic and attacking all Canadian contributions, which is just dunderheaded.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

Well, Kane probably likes Brimsek since he was born in Minnesota and is an American. Although he might not consider Minnesota part of the US since it's so far north. In any case, Thomas won't displace either Brimsek or Cheevers, but he might displace Byron Dafoe.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

everyone talks about keeping teams away from failing markets well news flash everyone nhl hockey failed in winnipeg an quebec so why go back? so much for the legendery hockey passion in canada lol. i think kansas city and portland and las vegas and even hartford are better cites for hockey.
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts

KD, Sometimes you just make me feel tired all over. There is really no point trying to explain economics 101 to you, but suffice it to say, when the Canadian and US dollars were equal, teams would have thrived in Quebec, Winnipeg, and even Saskatoon and Hamilton.
       I am glad you are so proud of your country. You should be. The United States is a great country. I just don't understand your need to degenerate Canada at every opportunity.. I'm guessing that if Tim Thomas was Canadian, we would not have to endure this long running one way love affair of yours. 

Sections
Shortcuts