Fred Cusick's Passing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsin2010. Show Bruinsin2010's posts

Fred Cusick's Passing

Sad to hear about Fred Cusick's passing.  Really defined a Bruins era for me.  That booming voice.  His "Score!" was just awesome.  Love the Brad Park goal in overtime call.

Real class act.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skaswatch. Show Skaswatch's posts

Re: Fred Cusick's Passing

Extremely extremely sad; the voice of my childhood Bruins' memories. When I would play street hockey as a kid, his was the voice I would hear in my head everytime I'd rush up the pavement with :05 seconds left in Game 7.

Him and The Turk calling the game = heaven. R.I.P. buddy, and now I definitely have to stop dragging my feet and go out to purchase his book.

A Bruins Legend and one of the all-time greats in the history of sports broadcasting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

RIP ,  I grew up on his voice .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsin2010. Show Bruinsin2010's posts

"A big rangy defenseman"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

We all loved Ya Freddie! Rest in Peace

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhwynter. Show nhwynter's posts

Rest in Peace, Fred.  You'll be missed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Fred set the standard by which all other hockey broadcasters will be measured against in my mind.  Derek was Fred's new partner right around the time I started watching hockey.  What a great broadcasting team. 

Rest in peace, Fred.  Thanks for all the great memories.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Big-Bad-Bruins91. Show Big-Bad-Bruins91's posts

So sad to hear about this.

I talked to Fred on May 1st. He was very gracious and an extremely nice man.

A true Bruin.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rheaps. Show rheaps's posts

Right up there with Ned Martin, Fred's voice brings back smiles dating back to my childhood. Thanks for the memories.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Living in Canada, Bruins games were only available on Radio unless a Sat night game against the Leafs or in French the Habs.

When I was younger I seen more games because only 6 teams but when expansion and Orr came I kept up with the B's thru Fred. He may have been a homer but he was worth listening to.

Yes his Score was awesome and I miss it and my youth as well. Finally though our team looks more like the 70-80s.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joekool. Show joekool's posts

his voice brings back memories of being at my grandmother's house with the family gathered around watching games.  good times

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Fred Cusick and John Pierson, it doesn't get any better than that!
    I often thought how great it would be to to hear them call a game for the current squad, they would have loved this team. You just knew they were bleeding black and gold, it was ok because Fred Cusick always did it with class. 
    "Bruins break out- three on two if they hurry!"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Class act.  Do the job.  Do it simply.  Do it well.  And then you don't need to invent all these new phrases and all this other junk like some are doing now.

I hope the legacy doesn't go with him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jacobspleasesell. Show jacobspleasesell's posts

RIP Fred. Another voice from my childhood passes on.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Terrible news. Learning to love the Boston Bruins growing up meant listening to Cusick call games.

I just remember how he said "Neely" "Janney" "Bourque" "Sweeney"

its a shame media has replaced personalities like Cusick with these generic sounding corporate voices.

I have missed hearing Cusick call games, and this just a reminder of the loss.

R.I.P.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

Fred Cusick and Bob Wilson, television or radio we had it covered. Someone said that a possible interpretation of heaven was favorite moments of your life here, relived. Fingers crossed it's true, cuz more than a few of mine will be spent listening to those two announce games again. Fred and his unabashed admiration for all things Orr, and Wilson who could pull you out of your seatbelt with an icing call.
    R.I.P. Fred. With you it was always about the game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I was saying to myself not too long ago that "I wish they could bring him back for one game." "Neely Wheeling in zone!"  "Park gains the line!" Said one of his biggest highlights was "Calling Cam Neely’s 1993-94 season was a highlight. He scored 50 goals in just 44 games due in part to his hard-hitting, aggressive play."

Great Voice Great Announcer Great Man!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beer-League-Goalie. Show Beer-League-Goalie's posts

Even in his final few years calling games at his age, Fred was better than Dale or Jack.  Fred's passion was legit, while fake Dale catered to the Jacobs regime. Jack is just a sad nut job.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Fred was the greatest.

He and Johnny Pierson taught me all about hockey. Why the wrist shot is more accurate than the slapshot, how a player should throw a hipcheck to stop the play and the correct use of the sweep check (which is not used anymore).

"Cashman in the corner...he's digging for the puck...Korab is trying to freeze the puck...Cashman digs it loose for Esposito...back to Orr ...over to Vadnais...back to Orr...he shoots,it's a save....rebound...Esposito scores!!!...what a goal!...powerplay goal by Boston with 4 minutes left to play!!!

Thanks Fred. There is not a Bruins fan alive that watched games on WSBK38 who does not appreciate how well you did your job and how much you made us feel like you loved your job and would do it for nothing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigguy45. Show bigguy45's posts

Fred was great.  I bought his book for may Dad a few years back and he loved it.  I don't know if anybody here is old enough to remember when Fred took a brief hiatus in the late 60's and Don Earl took over.  So long Fred I'll be hearing his game calls in my head all day long.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Thinking of Fred Cusick makes me think of my own father insisting on adjusting the rabbit ears and eventually making the picture even more snowier than it was to begin with.  I miss those days.  Fred was a tremendous play-by-play man.  I thought he and John Pierson were the perfect duo - both so enthusiastic about everything Bruin, both such classy gentlemen, both so knowledgeable about the game, and both such a big part of my early days as a B's fan.  Thanks for the calls Fred, thanks for the memories, hopefully you'll see your team bring the Cup home from a better, higher place.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JonH64. Show JonH64's posts

One of the highlight's of my childhood was my dad getting my brother and I seats in the first row of the balcony at the Old Garden near Fred and Derek. What a treat to even be near him. And all those nights at home listening to the legend. Great memories.

"Heroes get remembered, but legends never die..."

viewfrom311.blogspot.com