Fun poll

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

Fun poll

We have debated trading TT until we are blue in the face, so I thought it would be fun to see the results of the other side of the equation.  You are PC and a trade comes to you that is a fantastic deal, but Rask is the main piece that you would have to give up.  Do you move him?  Just like the other fun poll I posted you don't need to over think it.  The deal would upgrade your team now and all the cap stuff takes care of itself.  Basically you are moving a potential franchise goalie for a better chance to win now. 

I don't want this to turn into another TT thread because that's pointless.  Let's all just stick to the topic.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Fun poll

All day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

No.  If we had better prospects in the system I'd consider it.  Could really regret that move three years from now, if TT is no longer effective.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

I was thinking the same thing. I would move Rask for a trade like this:

To Boston: Mike Richards
    To Philadelphia: Tuukka Rask, Marc Savard, Michael Ryder

Mike Richards can play right wing, even though he's listed as a center. Cap savings would be about $3.5 M this year (and let Philly worry about how they will get their cap situation under control as a result of such a trade).

Yeah I know this trade has practically a zero chance of happening, but ....  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddy75. Show eddy75's posts

Unless it's Taylor Hall, no.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Fun poll:
    I was thinking the same thing. I would move Rask for a trade like this: To Boston: Mike Richards To Philidelphia: Tuukka Rask, Marc Savard, Michael Ryder Mike Richards can play right wing, even though he's listed as a center. Cap savings would be about $3.5 M this year (and let Philly worry about how they will get their cap situation under control as a result of such a trade). Yeah I know this trade has practically a zero chance of happening, but ....  
    Posted by NumbaFouwer

I wouldn't trade Rask for Richards staight up.

The oddity of the original proposal is the assumption that trading Rask would gives the Bruins a chance at a Stanley Cup now. IMHO having Rask (and Chara, Savard, Bergeron, Krejci, Lucic, et al) gives the Bruins a chance at the Stanley Cup now.

Anyway, it's pretty revealing that Chiarelli stated before the draft that the only untouchables on the Bruins were the #2 pick and Rask.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Re: Fun poll : I wouldn't trade Rask for Richards staight up. The oddity of the original proposal is the assumption that trading Rask would gives the Bruins a chance at a Stanley Cup now. IMHO having Rask (and Chara, Savard, Bergeron, Krejci, Lucic, et al) gives the Bruins a chance at the Stanley Cup now. Anyway, it's pretty revealing that Chiarelli stated before the draft that the only untouchables on the Bruins were the #2 pick and Rask.
    Posted by duinne

I guess my original thought was that trading a goalie would upgrade the skaters. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Would not hesitate trading Rask, or any current roster player, if it makes the team better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

for Stamkos or Doughty, maybe

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Fun poll : I guess my original thought was that trading a goalie would upgrade the skaters. 
    Posted by Raskman

Can one of them play in goal?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Re: Fun poll : Can one of them play in goal?
    Posted by duinne

Obviously TT would be the starter in this hypothetical scenario.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRUINSINSIDER. Show BRUINSINSIDER's posts

I would trade a proven commodity for a unproven one like Rask anyday.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

I would trade a proven commodity for a unproven one like Rask anyday.
    Posted by BRUINSINSIDER

Bill Guerin is a "proven commodity." Would you trade Rask for someone like him?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Fun poll : agreed the collapse may haunt this goalie for yrs.
    Posted by juniorfalcons19

Oh good grief.

The Bruins lost a playoff series. It may "haunt" some fans who've followed this team for a long time, but I guarantee you Tuukka Rask isn't losing sleep over it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Like NAS said - all day and twice if I'm Pierre Page.

If the deal means, in my judgment, that we're a significantly better team for making it, then yeah.  That's no judgment on Rask - if anything, it's a compliment to suggest he's the one piece that could return a significant player - and it's not the same as saying should shop Rask to see what you could get.  You'd have to consider it if you were getting Doughty or someone like Doughty who's young, gifted, and likely to be one of the best at his position for the next decade - much like we expect of Rask.  The difference would come in the gap between Rask's potential and Thomas's this year vs. Doughty's advantage over Ference or Hunwick - the guys who get bumped.  A Chara-Doughty/Seidenberg-Stuart/Boychuk - XX defense looks a lot more intimidating.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfanssuck. Show bostonfanssuck's posts

In Response to Re: Fun poll : Bill Guerin is a "proven commodity." Would you trade Rask for someone like him?
    Posted by duinne
    Proven he is old? With the coaches system trading either goalie wont hurt the bruins.i agree with the original poster on this one

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Good young goalies are too hard to come by ask Stan Bowman, Dale Tallon, Doug Wilson, George Mcphee and my favorite former GM goalie talent evaluator John Ferguson Jr. (Thank you by the way John!).

The Bruins have nothing in the system either that is looking to come in and challenge Tuukka in the next few years. I say no way Jose!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I believe there are two players in the NHL who are on the "never will be traded" list:

Crosby and Ovechkin

Rask might be the ultimate sell high option right now.  I'm never any good at that however.  I've stayed in the Hold 'em game, waiting for the river and the outside straight, and I've stayed in NASDAQ, waiting for the dead cat bounce. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Fun poll : Proven he is old? With the coaches system trading either goalie wont hurt the bruins.i agree with the original poster on this one
    Posted by bostonfanssuck

What makes a good GM is not paying for past performance. A "proven" player is generally a veteran who's seen his best years.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Fun poll : What makes a good GM is not paying for past performance. A "proven" player is generally a veteran who's seen his best years.
    Posted by duinne

I disagree.  I would suggest a player with four or five years of consistent numbers to be in the category. 

See:  Rick Nash or Zach Parise

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsNumber4. Show BruinsNumber4's posts

No.  If we had better prospects in the system I'd consider it.  Could really regret that move three years from now, if TT is no longer effective.  
    Posted by scooter244

considering Rask was a prospect in the system that got developed, why would you trade him in hopes that a new prospect would also pan out as good or better? all that does is waste time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsNumber4. Show BruinsNumber4's posts

In Response to Re: Fun poll : agreed the collapse may haunt this goalie for yrs.
    Posted by juniorfalcons19

by collapse do you mean a rookie that didnt stand on his head every game? or a team that plays a defensive system that cant hold a 3 goal lead,, clearly it was Rasks fault. oh ya and Zach hamill rules

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'll gladly give you $5 tomorrow for a hamburger today.

In other words, as long as I'm wearing my "Boston Bruins: Stanley Cup Champions 2010" hat and shaking my commemorative "Boston Bruins: Stanley Cup Champions 2010" mini-stick and winging a "Boston Bruins: Stanley Cup Champions 2010" Chara Bobblehead at whoever is letting in weak goals in the Bruins new three years from now - I can live with it.

Gretzky was traded.  No one is untouchable.  Lindros was traded.  The team that gave him up won two cups thanks to that deal.  The team that traded for him is still looking.

25. This post has been removed.