Gagne on waiver's soon...Will Bruins attempt to get him?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Re: Gagne on waiver's soon...Will Bruins attempt to get him?

In Response to Re: Gagne on waiver's soon...Will Bruins attempt to get him?:
    In Response to Re: Gagne on waiver's soon...Will Bruins attempt to get him? : Even if you didn't have to give a player back to junior, what advantage is there in them playing in the minors?  None.  I'm not sure if I like Seguin going to the OHL for the whole season, but I'd love to see him get a chance to play in the World Juniors.  Bergy blossomed after playing there and I think Tyler should get the same opportunity. This thread is way off topic.
    Posted by Raskman

I see no advantage to playing in the minors and, you're right, the opportunity to play in the World Juniors would be a great opportunity, much like what Kadri went thru last year after being sent down by the Leafs.

Also, I think if the player went to the minors,  the year count towards their eligibility for RFA/UFA status which makes it even worse for the NHL club for players that will ultimately make the big club.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

With due respect to all, why does anyone care if Seguin plays in the World Juniors or not.  As a Bruins fan, I couldn't care less and would rather have him matching up with true NHL talent (I think/hope he's ready).  World Juniors is a nice tournament and a stepping stone, but I watched last year and thought that Jerry D'Amigo was probably the best player on the ice and he'll be playing at RPI this year.  What does Seguin really have to gain?  Why would we want him playing anywhere except for the B's?

Raskman, I understand you'd obviously prefer him on the B's too.  I just don't get the allure of World Juniors when he is, by all accounts, ready for the NHL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Re: Gagne on waiver's soon...Will Bruins attempt to get him? : I see no advantage to playing in the minors and, you're right, the opportunity to play in the World Juniors would be a great opportunity, much like what Kadri went thru last year after being sent down by the Leafs. Also, I think if the player went to the minors,  the year count towards their eligibility for RFA/UFA status which makes it even worse for the NHL club for players that will ultimately make the big club.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

Yup, 18 and 19 years olds count a year of pro hockey after 11 games.  Everybody older then that, it's one game played.  I'm pretty sure he'll be with us overseas to start the year though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

With due respect to all, why does anyone care if Seguin plays in the World Juniors or not.  As a Bruins fan, I couldn't care less and would rather have him matching up with true NHL talent (I think/hope he's ready).  World Juniors is a nice tournament and a stepping stone, but I watched last year and thought that Jerry D'Amigo was probably the best player on the ice and he'll be playing at RPI this year.  What does Seguin really have to gain?  Why would we want him playing anywhere except for the B's? Raskman, I understand you'd obviously prefer him on the B's too.  I just don't get the allure of World Juniors when he is, by all accounts, ready for the NHL.
    Posted by Fletcher1

There's adavantages and disadvantages to him going and since it's such a short tournament I think it's good for him to go and try and win a championship.  He was denied that last season and I think it would be good for his development to lead a team of All-Stars in his age bracket.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Gagne on waiver's soon...Will Bruins attempt to get him? : No GM is going to pay a very talented oft injured player to sit in the press box. Holmgren will have to move someone else. Gagne is never healthy and for that price he isn't going anywhere. You proved my point in bold, Thanks
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

As I told you, SanDogBrewin, Gagne had value and he was traded.  I believe that your point was disproven. 

Sections
Shortcuts