Game 3

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Game 3

Yep Wheeler should be up on a skilled line. Biltz is a good temporary fill in. I hope they call up Sobotka he scored 2 goals in the playoffs last year against the Habs.

I still don't understand why Ax was put on the top line after Wheeler responded well late in the season when Julien teamed him with Savard/Kessel!?

I can't wait for tomorrow night. I wish it was 7PM Mon. already. It's going to be a great game! Fly by tomorrow day fly by!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Wheeler has been missing-in-action so far this series.  Putting him back on the first or second line may help.    If he still doesn't pick it up, he should sit out a game or two to think things over.  Bring up Reich, who is scoring in Providence and also gives us the toughness.  Not Sobotka-  he's had his chances.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcl77. Show mcl77's posts

no sobotka. he'll take about 4 stupid penalties

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

no sobotka. he'll take about 4 stupid penalties
    Posted by mcl77

I just think BItz is a better option....We need a fourth line skater who can add back some of the physicality we lose in Looch being suspended....Thats bitz to a tee!

At first I was pissed seeing Ax on line 1...but you have to search far and wide to find 1 complaint about the way he's been playing...Hes been playing smart, making skilled passes , and giving up his body when needed.... If he and Koba keep playing the way they have been since the postseason started, we really do have 3 unstoppable lines!!!!!

Hnidy's really stepped his game up too!  Considering, he's only playing because of Hunwick and Ference, Hnidy's been playing physical and that was a good , clutch , skilled shot in game 1....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Nobody should complain about P.J. , he has been one of the best all around players in the series.

And how about Shane Hnidy? Give him credit for stepping in and scoring a big goal.

As far as Price is concerned, I don't think he is playing that badly. He does have a tendency to go down too soon. If he had played for Eddie Shore when Shore was coaching, he would have been tied with rope to the crossbar, so he couldn't drop so easily. I understand from what I've read that Shore hated it when goalies didn't stand up in the crease, and he would correct that in practice with rope tied to the cage.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Nobody should complain about P.J. , he has been one of the best all around players in the series. And how about Shane Hnidy? Give him credit for stepping in and scoring a big goal. As far as Price is concerned, I don't think he is playing that badly. He does have a tendency to go down too soon. If he had played for Eddie Shore when Shore was coaching, he would have been tied with rope to the crossbar, so he couldn't drop so easily. I understand from what I've read that Shore hated it when goalies didn't stand up in the crease, and he would correct that in practice with rope tied to the cage.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

I agree that Price has actually been playing pretty well....He made that GREAT save when Kobasew was 1 on 1 with him last game....He made other good saves in that one too....That game could have easily been 8-1....I guess theres always tonight!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MiesterBruinmaker. Show MiesterBruinmaker's posts

In Response to Re: Game 3:
    Wheeler has been missing-in-action so far this series.  Putting him back on the first or second line may help.    If he still doesn't pick it up, he should sit out a game or two to think things over.  Bring up Reich, who is scoring in Providence and also gives us the toughness.  Not Sobotka-  he's had his chances.
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan

Agreed, hopefully he will be moved to the 4th line. Move up Sobotka.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: Game 3:
    In Response to Re: Game 3 : Agreed, hopefully he will be moved to the 4th line. Move up Sobotka.
    Posted by MiesterBruinmaker

Good that you agree, since Wheeler ended up benched by the end of the playoffs.  Yes, the playoffs that the poster you are replying to was talking about, last year's.
    Do you seriously spend time looking for old posts like this that look like they could have been posted today, but were posted a year ago?

Sections
Shortcuts