Game Thoughts..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

Game Thoughts..

-Wideman has got to go, he is killing this team. A bucket in the middle of the ice would be a better D than him.

- Satan had a great game, nice hands compare to Wheeler and Lucic hands of stone.

- Savard & Ryder didn't look that bad as a line. Savard didn't have a good game tonight. Sturm should be brought back with Savard and Ryder. Paille was invisible.

- Seidenberg looked like a pretty decent addition. Seemed solid defensively, and pinched in a few times.

- Boychuck was f**** awesome all night, shooting blasts, hitting, playing decent Defense.

- Hunwick should be tried again as a winger with that speed and creating plays etc.

- Thomas was great again! He was the first star. Only one bad goal, then settled in.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Re: Game Thoughts..

And that goal was partially Wideman's fault, he let Stalberg skate right past him.  Here's what I saw:

-Wideman s_cks (and that's putting it nicely)
    -Paille has Daniel Graham stone hands (no offensive capabilities whatsoever)
    -Savard needs to take some medication to calm his game down, so he won't make so many bad passes
    -Johnny Boychuk is the f_cking man

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beerpaul. Show beerpaul's posts

Everybody on the Bruins played poorly.    Thomas was the exception.    He was awesome.   I've never seen Savard dish out so many errant passes in 1 game.   He was struggling and seemed a little "out of kilter" tonight.   Maybe Marc just has to get up to game speed, shape and sharpness again.   He has had continual interuptions this year(repeated injuries, then the Olympic break comes up).   The more games he plays......the better he should get.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

In Response to Game Thoughts..:
    -Wideman has got to go, he is killing this team. A bucket in the middle of the ice would be a better D than him. - Satan had a great game, nice hands compare to Wheeler and Lucic hands of stone. - Savard & Ryder didn't look that bad as a line. Savard didn't have a good game tonight. Sturm should be brought back with Savard and Ryder. Paille was invisible. - Seidenberg looked like a pretty decent addition. Seemed solid defensively, and pinched in a few times. - Boychuck was f**** awesome all night, shooting blasts, hitting, playing decent Defense.   - Hunwick should be tried again as a winger with that speed and creating plays etc. - Thomas was great again! He was the first star. Only one bad goal, then settled in.
    Posted by POWERSURGE
    I agree with a couple of exceptions. I thought Paille played decent.I actually like Paille,he's got great wheels and generates many chances.I think next year could be a breakout year for him if he gets a chance to consistently play on one of the  top 3 lines,some of those chances will start going in for him.I would leave Hunwick on the backend,I know it is tempting to try him as a forward but hopefully he can work through his growing pains.Sure he makes mistakes but I think he gives it everything he has.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cad11. Show cad11's posts

Blake Wheeler had a bunch of giveaways tonight and was completely ineffective in the offensive end.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

They have to stop turning the puck at the blue line(worst place to do it).  Wheeler was the worst one to do that tonight.
       Also it seems like they always want to send the puck back to the blue line for a shot.  They should keep it downlow throw it at the net if no other option and crash the net.  They are not in a situation were they can get fancy right now.
       Finally...i am a big fan of Rask and i critisize Thomas when he is not good but i can also give him credit if he deserves it.  I have to say that Thomas looked like the Vezina trophee winner tonight.  I hope he keeps playing like that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

Thomas- awesome,  loved it
    Wideman- what a freaking train wreck, wow...why is this team defending him or even letting him skate? The B's spot the other team at least 1 goal when he plays.
    Wheeler- made quite a few mistakes at the blue line
    Hunwick- hockey 101 dude, that give away was pretty bad
    Lucic- don't care that he lost his fight, that's gonna happen, he was at least involved, we knew he was on the ice and that's what he needs to do.

Many errant, low % passes, or passes that were just off, something I'd expect early in the season, and what's with that "hope I get a lucky bounce" shot from behind the net?

Lots of hitting at least.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from camneely1983. Show camneely1983's posts

Every time Wideman is on the ice, the other team gets a breakaway or a really good scoring chance.......PLEASE give him a week off or something

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

From what I remember last night and highlights on nhl.com

Kessel - cheeky little sod shoved a loose stick in front of Thomas in the first. stoned big time by Timmy.

Thomas - first goal sloppy but the rest awesome

Boychuk - strong, physical, rocket shot. why did it take him so long to break into the league?

Wideman - frustrating. can play well at times but too many moments of madness. terrible pass to JB leading to the breakaway at the 2nd TO goal. thought it was JB's error at first but on review he was dropped right in it!

Hunwick - just awful. seems to panic whenever he has the puck. McQuaid would be better.

Savvy - how could he miss that gaping net? seems to be trying to force the play. it's just not happening right now but he'll pull through

Line changes - Near the end of the 3rd Kessel got his pocket picked inside the Boston blue line (Wheels I think). Instead of breaking up ice they dump it and go for a line change. Suppose they would have missed in any case Cry

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Hunwick made a few bad moves, but that may come from being paired with Wideman.   It's infectious!!

Krejci played a fine game and is showing his old form.  Ryder was on the puck all night.  Satan comes through-- what a move in the SO!!

From what I saw, Sidenberg is no better than Morris.  Seems Morris was smoother in outlets, but of course Sidenberg needs some time to get in synch with the team.

We allowed way too many Toronto odd man rushes.  Our D system was full of holes.  Poor Wideman has gone from bad to horrible.

CJ should put Hunwick on the PP point instead of Wides.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Thomas was incredible and stole the game.

Satan scored a real nice shootout goal.

Paille played well and I thought Sturm was pretty good too.

Forget the negativity, Lucic played a solid game out there even after the fight.

For the Leafs;
    Phaneuf played over 26 minutes and was great.  Kessel (yes) was more engaged and had a few dangerous opportunities only to be stoned by Thomas.  Showed a lot of speed.

Stalberg was pretty good all night.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

They played with passion.  If they do that for 82 games we will be happy.  We know that they cannot win 82 games but if you show passion fans will appreciate it. 
       I liked the fact that they stood up in their building.  This is there house and yesterday their message was clear « We are not going to get push around in our own building ».  I hope they carry that emotion for the reminder of the season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

My reaction:
    Thomas - played very good
    Savard - Was he trying to impress Cherry? He failed.
    Wideman - The same old crap. Terrible!!!!
    Ryder - Never where the puck is but always looks like he just missed being there
    Hunwick - No clue how he has become so bad. Terrible...
    Boychuk - Best D by far. Great game!!
    Chara - SO SO....... Too Slow as usual   Not physical
    Satan - Nice game. Showed poise
    Wheeler - HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!
    Lucic - Not good.
    Begin - Great game!!!
    Krejci - Great game but not on the same page as his line mates
    Sturm - Not good
    Seidenberg - OK
    Stuart - Great game!! Physical
    Sobotka - Below average
    Paille - OK
    Recchi - OK
    Thornton - OK

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

The 3 stars of the team in my opinion  TT #1  Satan/Boychuk #2 and the 4th line #3
    That says it all