Get... Hunwick... out of there

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Re: Get... Hunwick... out of there

Maybe they should just put Hunwick at forward.  He obviously isn't a D-man.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Right on Bogie6 & Tim Thomas....As bad as Hunwick looked, the other D men weren't to far behind in el stinko land !  The whole team played tenative. And Seguin on third line with Pallie and Ryder ? Lot's of points to work on. Go B's Go !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In Response to Re: Get... Hunwick... out of there:
    [QUOTE]Nobody can sit here and debate me that PC doesn't listen to Julien (JWensink where are you ?) no "Evaluating" this time around Chiarelli Bartkowski outplayed Hunwick all camp long plus the pre-season get him back up to Boston!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Hey SanDog...I'm just tired of hearing myself having to repeat the same old obvious issues that haven't changed - I wanted him gone for before last year.
     I'll take lone wolf, at least he would have jacked somebody for running the goalie...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Get... Hunwick... out of there:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get... Hunwick... out of there : Sandog, no offense as you are the best.  But that first sentence is plain dumb.  He has too.  CJ should be the assistant coach, his creativity is simply positional play only.  Certainly not condusive to being creative offensively. Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Isla I'm no better than you but Hunwick and Seidenberg on the PP instead of Boychuk that's Julien. Marchand gets a tripping penalty that leads to a yotes score instead of Caron dressing that's on Clode sorry but Julien makes the decisions on who is scratched and gives feedback to PC as to who is sent down (Bartkowski).

The Bruins could have gotten a point out of this game ask the Rangers what a point means LoL!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe they should just put Hunwick at forward.  He obviously isn't a D-man.
    Posted by shaunk[/QUOTE]

Good idea Shunk. he`s listed at 5f.11i. 190 pounds. It`s too light for a reliable defenseman but correct at forward. He`s a fast skater. He can score goals. Why not?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get... Hunwick... out of there : Isla I'm no better than you but Hunwick and Seidenberg on the PP instead of Boychuk that's Julien. Marchand gets a tripping penalty that leads to a yotes score instead of Caron dressing that's on Clode sorry but Julien makes the decisions on who is scratched and gives feedback to PC as to who is sent down (Bartkowski). The Bruins could have gotten a point out of this game ask the Rangers what a point means LoL!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I would agree and have said as "Ryder goes so does CJ".  Hunwick is a great skater but his decision making is horrible, he is intimidated and he does not do well with the Julien system of circling the defense in face of a strong forecheck. As for Marchand, the commentators on NESN loved his pesty work.  What I said to myself.  He is out of postion and gets pushed off of the puck all too often.  I am actually agreeing with you the Chiarelli listens to CJ, CJ is the coach it has to be that way.  Bartkowski should be in the NHL based on his play.  The lines are a mess.  Seguin with dumas Ryder is simply odd.  The team was out of synch today as if they did not know about Pheonix's speed.  Preparation was amiss.  BTW Adam Larsson is the real deal and was playing in the elite division at the age of 16.  I am getting more info on him as I have Swedish relatives here for a visit.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

this poll is kinda unbelievable... the sentiment is almost unanimous. this guy Stinks. time to go

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

One of the goals  Hunwick just completely skated away from his man infront of the net. Why? I cannot tell you because I have no idea.

The look on siedes and rasks face was like ughh and even CJ took hunwick off of siedes line. Heres the coaching adjustments I would make right away  based off that first game performance.

Wheeler - Krejci - Horton
    Lucic - Bergeron - Seguin
    Caron Campbell Recchi
    Paille Thornton Ryder

At some point hte coach has to put the Talent together. Realize that rolling"4lines" isnt working and put your best players out there together to make a point that you wont accept mediocrity. I suggested demoting Lucic because well he looked kind of out of place on most of the fancy plays Krecji-Horton were pulling off (they looked great together) he may do betterin a smash and bang role with Bergy-Seguin.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'm not sticking up for Hunwick nor will I blame him for the loss.  Yes he might have been on the ice for 3 of those goals but the whole team was sloppy.
    Noticeable give a aways that caused scoring chances,   Krejci , Recchi, Paille , Chara ,  will we blame Hunwick fore those ?  The Bruins were just plain sloppy !!  They were just not ready.  How many times last season did we see the same thing ?
    One thing for sure the fans found their new "Wideman" , come to think of it last season we had the exact same thread " Get ... Wideman ... out of there LMAO

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Great game tonight by the bruins... but at what point does Claude decide to go with a younger player? It sets a complete double standard to bench Paille for Marchand and then NOT bench Hunwick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

It kills me that this guy is taking ice time away from McQuaid. They need a gritty, stay-at-home D, and this guy could be developing while boy-girl Hunwick takes his minutes

another case of a failed US collegian with the Bs ....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]It kills me that this guy is taking ice time away from McQuaid. They need a gritty, stay-at-home D, and this guy could be developing while boy-girl Hunwick takes his minutes another case of a failed US collegian with the Bs ....    
    Posted by Griswal65[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Gris - McQuaid should have his turn tomorrow v. New York. 

On a related topic, nice story about Boychuk in the Boston Globe.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/articles/2010/10/22/big_things_coming_from_boychuk_already/

Oct. 2009         Oct. 2010        Oct. 23rd 2010
    Chara              Chara              Chara
    Morris              Boychuk           Boychuk
    Wideman          Seidenberg       Seidenberg
    Stuart             Stuart              Stuart
    Ference           Ference            Ference
    Hunwick           Hunwick           McQuaid
    (Boychuk)        (McQuaid)         (Hunwick)

Gradually improving.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]It kills me that this guy is taking ice time away from McQuaid. They need a gritty, stay-at-home D, and this guy could be developing while boy-girl Hunwick takes his minutes another case of a failed US collegian with the Bs ....    
    Posted by Griswal65[/QUOTE]

They need a gritty, stay-at-home D? that's news to me. I thought what everyone wanted was a puck-moving defenseman.

Interesting that a few days ago Hunwick was cited as being at minus-3. After five games, he's now at plus-2. He's improving, but unfortunately some fans have branded him with the mark of Cain, and I doubt he'll ever remove it now. Fandom needs its whipping boys.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Get... Hunwick... out of there:[QUOTE]It kills me that this guy is taking ice time away from McQuaid. They need a gritty, stay-at-home D, and this guy could be developing while boy-girl Hunwick takes his minutes another case of a failed US collegian with the Bs Posted by Griswal65[/QUOTE]

I agree Griswal with Hunwick's not being benched is hurting McQuaid's development but Don Sweeney and Mark Stuart were collegians. Non-Bruin Dmen that were/are pretty darn good Dmen from college Duncan Keith, Chris Chelios, Rob Blake, Rod Langway to name a few.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bulldixon. Show bulldixon's posts

Hunwick i can live with. He is young and can skate. FERENCE IS INJURY PRONE and for what he is paid ,no offence ability he should be sent to providence asap.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Hunwick is doing fine and he can skate. I tend to focus on the big player like Krejci and Horton rather than spend all my time worrying about Hunwick

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Hunwick i can live with. He is young and can skate. FERENCE IS INJURY PRONE and for what he is paid ,no offence ability he should be sent to providence asap.
    Posted by bulldixon[/QUOTE]

Ference would never clear waivers.