Get Taylor or Tyler AND Fowler.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

Get Taylor or Tyler AND Fowler.....

I thought one of the boldest moves in my lifetime of watching the draft was when Burke pulled a number of trades to ensure he was able to select the Sedin twins.
    Chia should do the same...he is in a perfect position to draft 2 players that can make an immediate impact on this team..(if not in 2 years time)
    Thought:
    Draft Hall or Seguin with Toronto's first
    Trade Bruins 2010 First & Toronto's 2010 second (or Boston's 1st in 2011) & maybe a prospect (not JoCo)to either Columbus or the Islanders  pick up Fowler with the 3rd overall pick.
    Not sure how the 2011 draft shapes up but this i believe would be a bold & prosperous move....Still have Toronto's 1st next year
    Thoughts?

NORTHERN BRUIN

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Re: Get Taylor or Tyler AND Fowler.....

sorry man, but that is never gonna happen. maybe in our dreams

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

sorry northenB I read this 2 fast and thought you said get Hall, Seguin and Frowler. my bad.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I think, you'd have to know far more about next years prospects (esp at D) I think fowler's undersized to make that kind of an impact in trading up...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Esp. since hes not the concensus number 1 D in the draft.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarrenRyan9. Show DarrenRyan9's posts

Burke is a Genious, i would buy season tickets tommorow if i knew Burke would be the GM....with him you know he wont quit working until he has a good team...Luv the guy

Its possible to pull something like this off, especially with the amount of picks we have...we would have to over pay though...im talking

Boston's 1st round pick
    Toronto's 2nd round pick
    Prospect

for

whomever picks 3rd

but the team would be very good for years to come

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Is anyone that sold on these 3 guys though, this sounds like a desperate move for a quick fix..

Is Fowler really better then any other available D in this years draft, as well as next years draft..

Would you have given up the Chance to draft ovechkin next year, so you could draft eric staal this year?? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

You think a second rounder and a prospect is over-paying to move from the teens into the top 5 of a draft?  Man, I don't know if any team would move the three pick, but if they would, in a cap system where impact rookies are essential, you're looking at a roster player if not two, and your #1, and some combination of picks and prospects.  Think about this last year.  Burke would have gone Ditka for Ricky Williams to get Tavares, and probably thrown in half his roster, revenue from two skyboxes at the ACC, and sent Chris Bosh to the Nets.  And the Isles never blinked.

I'm guessing the real push for this is an inability to choose - D or F.  Unless one of the top three or four D drop to a few spots ahead of the Bruins' own pick, I'd be happy to see them grab two good, fast, skilled, and decently sized forwards in the first round.  If it's a question of say 3-5 spots, maybe you can find a package that works.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Burke makes a lot of noise, but he has never built a team on his own that has won a Cup.  He gets credit in Anaheim because he did what he needed to do to compliment a core that was already very strong thanks to Brian Murray, and those compliments happened to be two of Canada's top six D at the Olympics.  His moves to get the Sedins did nothing for the Canucks for half a decade, and although they've finally started playing like superstars, the Canucks still haven't won squat.  It was Nonis that got them Luongo; it was Burke who traded one of the most dynamic scorers of all time for a solid, often very good Jovanovski.  And he never solved their goaltending problem.  He though Dan Cloutier was the answer.

I don't mind that Burke speaks his mind, but let's not confuse a lot of talk with a lot of success.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Big article in the Windsor paper today re: Fowler and how he has to play a more physical game.  His offense and knowledge of the game has never been questioned.

It's something Spitfires head coach Bob Boughner has tried to drive home.

"He knows and I've challenged him to get better at dishing it out and being physical and he's doing that," Boughner said.

"He's a smart defenceman and a tough guy to beat one-on-one, but he needed to get that element of his game up and he's responded."

Fowler's aggressive play has been on display during Windsor's three-game winning streak.

He cracked a few members of the Sudbury Wolves on the road and Sunday sent a few Sault Ste. Marie players face first into the glass.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

With Savvy out for the remainder of the season and Chara out....don't be so sure we'll have to trade to get another top 5 pick.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisbruinsfan. Show chrisbruinsfan's posts

HAHA yes....I would give up the "chance" to draft Ovechkin for Eric Staal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

you really think someone is going to give up the #3 overall to get a late 1st and early 2nd?

Give up an immediate impact player for a couple of solid prospects? When the team actually EARNED the 3rd pick, and need the immediate impact?

Did you actually think about the other team's point of view?

Of course not

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Interesting idea... I am still not sold on Fowler though (but, then again, I am not sold on Lucic either!)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

late First??? do you honestly think that the Bruins will  place in the top 10 in the NHL standings?? I's like to know what your version of late first is... after the 10th pick ? & If you actually read my post instead of paraphrased, it said Or Boston's 1st next year or a prospect included.. did you read the post?  Of course not...

In Response to Re: Get Taylor or Tyler AND Fowler.....:
    you really think someone is going to give up the #3 overall to get a late 1st and early 2nd? Give up an immediate impact player for a couple of solid prospects? When the team actually EARNED the 3rd pick, and need the immediate impact? Did you actually think about the other team's point of view? Of course not
    Posted by davecarr

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Of course I read it.  I consider a "late first" to be in the bottom 15 of the league, meaning I believe the B's will make it into the playoffs.

And next year's Bruins first pick will be later than this year's because we WILL have a top-3 player in the draft this year who will help us next year. And factoring in a second-tier prospect isn't going to change things.

So yeah, I stand by what I said.

Whoever has the third pick this year isn't giving it up, especially to the team that is getting the second pick.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Interesting proposal.  I see one major problem with it.  Let's say Chia DOES pull this off and say that BOTH draftees turn out to be Studs-even better than expected.  Would the B's be able to keep both down the road when it is payday for them??? 

I am excited about all the Bruins draft picks in this draft.  But can they afford to keep all of their picks from the same year if they all develop into the players we want them to be??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Leafs first pick in 2011 might be worth looking at trading for this years No.3 pick if Bruins finish with either top 1 or 2 pick this year , if it is a chance at one of the Top 5 guys.... I honestly don't think the Leafs will be that bad two years in a row and 2011 pick might turn into a 10th or higher pick.... I think the Leafs are on way up ... If you have  a chance at Seguin and Fowler you do it.. Edmonton has tagged Hall already for #1...unless the Bruins get the lucky bounce of the bingo balls on draft day..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

cowboy- Boston is due a good bounce at some point this season!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Leafs pick ends up 3rd thru lottery and no way is anyone going to trade down from Hall or Seguin. We may yet end up with Fowler and lo and behold he becomes a bust, there is no sure thing and PC has sold us out since October when TO had a horrible start on what we are going to have and it may be nothing, I think of Daigle, Wickenheiser and Lawton as 3 sure things.

Very few are Crosby, Ov, or even a Stamkos, hopefully it pans out for us but the way the season has unfolded so far do not bet the farm on it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

You lost your mind. Tavares got 3.5M. If the b's get a top 3 pick, they likely won't even be able to afford his rookie contract. Best thing that can happen to the B's is Wideman wins the Norris and Ryder scores 50.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Get Taylor or Tyler AND Fowler.....:
    HAHA yes....I would give up the "chance" to draft Ovechkin for Eric Staal.
    Posted by chrisbruinsfan

I'd see that as a horrible move, and if you draft say "fowler" and he doesn't pan out, and your pick lands an ovechkin type player, your screwed..

My basic concept is, if they can't decide that fowler is even the top D is it worth trading up for him, knowing the picks we have next year, and not knowing enough about next years draft class etc..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Tavares got 900K with bonus of 2.85M cap hit of 900 K and I think that is the max that players can get. The bonuses count on the cap but there is also a deduction for them as well so they don't really count. These Bonuses are for hitting certain quotas on your contract like games played, goals scored, points, whether you make the playoffs or even the Stanley cup, Rookie of the Year Stanley cup MVP etc.

This year the reduction for bonus's is 4.26M, unsure what it will be next year, similar.

Rask is a game or 2 from hitting a performance bonus in his contract I think, his total for bonus is 2.35M and Wheelers is 1.95M but they both come off the books next year. This bonus system is also why youth are not promoted as early as they should be sometime, because if they go over the bonus cap it will count against the salary cap.

Next year we have listed for bonus's March 165k, Penner 1M, Nelson 8k, and Dalton 188k, Hamill 500K, Sauve 212K, Arniel 130K, Riendeau 50k and Wild 188K. Obviously all these guys are not going to make the team next year and the bonus money will not have to be paid for all or maybe none so signing a Star at tavares money will cost the cap about 1M.

Sections
Shortcuts