Get Whitney Now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Get Whitney Now

Lets go with plan B and get this guy.  We have plenty to give.  We can't pay all these picks and there is no guarantee they'll be a sure thing.  Obviously, within reason.  Don't break the bank!  I'd say our worst 2nd rd pick would do it (we have 3 of them).  Grab the #8 seed and you never know?  They need to do this real soon though.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Re: Get Whitney Now

Forget Whitney, get Kovalchuk!  Oh, wait...

But seriously, I want to see the Bruins at least make an effort to improve THIS YEAR.  Making the playoffs isn't that unrealistic, they're only 2 POINTS OUT!  That's 1 WIN!  Martin St. Louis would look great in a B's uniform.  His speed alone would help this offense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

TTG that is twice i agree with you scary man when you think like a crazy Canuck(slang for Canadian) from Southern Ontario. I hope we can kick the crap out of MTL. today I don't want to hear NAH NAh Nah goodbye in the third period that song makes me cringe. Take care Bruins brother. But TB is in the thick of things and a new owner purchase them partial ties with the Sox. Lets go Bruins Celtics and Red sox.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I say sell sell and sell....this team isnt gonna make any noise in the playoffs.  Forget it.  We have no scoring depth and we play horroble in our own end.  Remember last yrs team that was scarey to play against...yeah well that was last year.  Chara is very soft as is Lucic...I have no idea why...they are skilled monsters...No team is scared to face this team...a game against the Bruins means the other teams backup goalie.  Thats how boring and predictable this team has become. 

I say sell off all available assets and build onto next year through the draft and free agency...leave some some available for a run at a restricted free agent...use that star player along with a solid draft this year to make things happen

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I see allot of posters on this board and other boards who don't want the Bruins to get in Why ? Because with St. Louis, Whitney, Torres, Barker/Versteeg/Sharp, Visnovsky.. Any combination of any of those (2) players could help get the Bruins get hot and on the move. They already have the #4 GAA. in the league.

http://nhlyoungguns.com/NHL-2010-Entry-Draft-List-Round-Two/

The Bruins are already in place for the draft. They could move contracts without moving draft picks still make the playoffs and have a great draft above. It's about getting hot in March n April. PC can still make trades without mortgaging the farm.

Oh and they have 12Mil to spend this summer as well...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolftears. Show wolftears's posts

All set with another 37-38 year old!

This team needs a YOUNG goal scorer with upside.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Eklund's reporting they're interested in Whitney and Owen Nolan.  I know it's Eklund, but if those are the kind of players Chiarelli is looking at, I think I might throw up.  And SanDogBrewin, I'm with you, why give up on the season when there is still 25+ games left?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

San,

Love your posts dude....I would like to play spolier in the playoffs as well but I just can't see this team making a run. 
    I don't see St. Louis on the market considering they are ahead of us in the standing.  Chicago isnt getting rid of those players unless its for a stud.  Whitney's asking price is gonna be high(do you wanna pay for that???). Torres would be a nice shot in the arm though and likely wouldnt cost too much.  But this team needs more than a few pieces.  If we could add Torres and Whitney this team would be much better. 

I would have liked to see them add Wiit when he went on waivers.  He could show Chara how to play hard every shift. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Whitney i could see helping but Nolan is ready for a retirement home he is a slow as molasses.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The only reason Chicago would even discuss it is because they are not that confident in Huet. Whitney because he wants an extension and St. Louis because he's on fire and the Lightning might pull it off and get in probably won't work out.

The example were those types of players would help. Oh and i agree about Witt especially if Boychuk has a broken orbital bone and we know about Ference's fragility. Good point i've always respected Witt's game.

Quote of the year coming out of a hockey player this year. Witt gets hit by a truck/SUV this year crossing the street and says "Oh i'm OK no need to call anyone I'm a hockey player!"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Get a young prospect with upside?  We have enough of them.  I think!  Whitney is gone after this season anyways.  He would most definitely help down the stretch.  St. Louis?  Much more expensive, but that would be awesome.  I've been trying to sell him to the masses since Christmas!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I love Witt...I have been a closet Caps fan since I was in grade 5...Bruins was always the main choice but Witt is a true warrior.  He would make people think twice every shift, he block shots, sticks up for team mates and would be a fan favorite. 

We need to shake things up for sure and apparently its gonna happen within the next 48 hrs.  I want our mean Bruins teams back...what happened to them all...its like they don't wanna play hard anymore.  Where is teh fire???

Hopefully they bring it against the Habs today...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

If you have a guy like Wideman, why wouldn't you consider adding Witt?  Release Dennis and sign a guy who can actually play defense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Witt is a true warrior...he does all the small things no one ever gets mentioned doing....similar to what Ward and yelle brought to this team...we lost a lot of leadership when those guys left...along with Murray...good locker room guys are underated