Give it up! Its time to rebuild!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthony3063. Show anthony3063's posts

Give it up! Its time to rebuild!!

There is NO WAY this team will compete for a Cup..with or without Lucic and Savard..

Be honest, not a HOMER@!

It is time NOW to begin planning on making trades of major players and begin rebuilding!!

Wait until the real contenders begin feeling the squeeze that they are a player or two away , then deal with them from a position of strength.

Trade vets for young players or picks, bring up a few players from Providence , its time, this team is totally hopeless!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Give it up! Its time to rebuild!!

I thought that was what they've been doing.

Rebuilding takes time.

Wideman, Wheeler,Bergeron, Paille, Lucic, Marchand, Hunwick,Sobotka, Rask ,Bitz,Boychuck, Krecji, Stuart....these ARE young players. That's over half the roster, how much younger do you want to get?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid. Show Chowdahkid's posts

In Response to Re: Give it up! Its time to rebuild!!:
    [QUOTE]I thought that was what they've been doing. Rebuilding takes time.
    ?
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

LOL

This has been Jacobs company slogan since 1975

Keep spending and be patient people!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JefffromMaine. Show JefffromMaine's posts

[QUOTE]I thought that was what they've been doing. Rebuilding takes time. Wideman, Wheeler,Bergeron, Paille, Lucic, Marchand, Hunwick,Sobotka, Rask ,Bitz,Boychuck, Krecji, Stuart....these ARE young players. That's over half the roster, how much younger do you want to get?
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]
    You should go to the HockeysFuture Bruins board.

Seriously.

Get away from the clowns here who pretend to know hockey and pretend to be fans.  There are a FEW posters here who have a clue, but by and large this is a reactionary group that doesnt know anything about the game, building a team, or playing a full season.

Spare yourself the anguish.  I come here to laugh.

Later

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

Couldn't have said it better Jeff

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

I'll give you one solution....calm down and let the team find its rythm. if it doesn't at the olympic break, then maybe start moving things around. Although what are you going to trade? Chara? Savard? you really can't trade chara, savard you could make an argument for, but its not advisable. the only big name i want to see traded is Thomas, but I want them to wait for the off season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

anthony, did you just happen to tune in one recent evening?  The Bruins have been building for several years by carefully putting together the caliber players they want.  Some mistakes may or may not have been made-- time is still needed for that to play out.  But a plan is in place and slowly unfolding.  Look back over the past year, at all the player moves that have been made.  Get a clue.

What you seem to be suggesting makes no sense.  It sounds like panic. 

It seems that you just write things here to get a reaction and then react again yourself.  An odd kind of entertainment..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthony3063. Show anthony3063's posts

[QUOTE]anthony, did you just happen to tune in one recent evening?  The Bruins have been building for several years by carefully putting together the caliber players they want.  Some mistakes may or may not have been made-- time is still needed for that to play out.  But a plan is in place and slowly unfolding.  Look back over the past year, at all the player moves that have been made.  Get a clue. What you seem to be suggesting makes no sense.  It sounds like panic.  It seems that you just write things here to get a reaction and then react again yourself.  An odd kind of entertainment..
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

no CarolinaCLamMan, I have been watching them since 67..how about you?
    And how would YOU fix this team?

its so easy to criticize someone else's opinion, but , offer something up yourself..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

[QUOTE]I'll give you one solution....calm down and let the team find its rythm. if it doesn't at the olympic break, then maybe start moving things around. Although what are you going to trade? Chara? Savard? you really can't trade chara, savard you could make an argument for, but its not advisable. the only big name i want to see traded is Thomas, but I want them to wait for the off season.
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]I would rather see them move a player like Krejci who is way more easy to replace then a all star goaltender!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

[QUOTE]. the only big name i want to see traded is Thomas, but I want them to wait for the off season.
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

Really? You're tripping. I thought you knew a bit about hockey but I guess I was wrong.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give it up! Its time to rebuild!! : no CarolinaCLamMan, I have been watching them since 67..how about you? And how would YOU fix this team? its so easy to criticize someone else's opinion, but , offer something up yourself..
    Posted by anthony3063[/QUOTE]

I have been a loyal fan since 1975.  The Bs mean a lot to me.  My suggestions at present are to bench Recchi, move Hunwick to forward and play Boychuck,
    or else to sit Wideman for a while playing Boychuck .  But unfortunately this last idea will not help Wideman's confidence.

In the longer range pic,  I have trust that PC is slowly making some moves.  He has done PRETTY well so far.  I think tossing Kobasew was a mistake.  But now, he has all these picks, and we do need that critical sniper, and there are some out there.  

Paille looks like a good pickup and the Begin-instead-of-Yelle move looks good too, though I was a big Yelle fan.  Carolina put him on waivers, as you probably know.

Also, the Morris-for Ward deal was an excellent one, IMHO.  Morris looks better each game.

Let's see how the new lines work tonight.  Sturm and Bergy may click, as they have in the past.  I just wish we had a speedier R wing for that line.  Kobasew!!!  

Basically, I have faith that mamangement  knows what they are doing.  Some of the above mentioned moves are showing promise.  No panic.  When Savard and Lucic come back, we will get into cruise mode, I do believe.  The call ups have potential-- it looks like Sobotka is better than Marchand at this point. 

This will be a very interesting year. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give it up! Its time to rebuild!! : You should go to the HockeysFuture Bruins board. Seriously. Get away from the clowns here who pretend to know hockey and pretend to be fans.  There are a FEW posters here who have a clue, but by and large this is a reactionary group that doesnt know anything about the game, building a team, or playing a full season. Spare yourself the anguish.  I come here to laugh. Later
    Posted by JefffromMaine[/QUOTE]

Come on Jeff. I look at it this way. How many of the hfboards, proboards, bdh, bbb, etc. posters cut their teeth and got their start posting here ? I view this place as the minor league of posting boards that you have to get more seasoned with before you can graduate to the more intelligent posting boards.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthony3603. Show anthony3603's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give it up! Its time to rebuild!! : Come on Jeff. I look at it this way. How many of the hfboards, proboards, bdh, bbb, etc. posters cut their teeth and got their start posting here ? I view this place as the minor league of posting boards that you have to get more seasoned with before you can graduate to the more intelligent posting boards.
    Posted by ksp1957[/QUOTE]

You are another winesap deciple. Don't feed me this jibberish of minor leagues. You and your cronies could not hack it in here (the big leagues) so you went running for the hills aka the soft woolen bosom of HFboards.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Anthony--I agree with you, but this team has been in rebuilding mode since 1990. It's the same constant revolving door of young talent jettisoned when contracts come up for draft picks which are used until THOSE players mature and look for more $$$ and then THEY are let go....you know this is the JJ way (and before anyone starts in about that cap nonsense, consider this: When they drafted Kessel they knew they had a great player in the fold and a REAL TEAM COMMITTED TO WIINING IT ALL would have started from DAY ONE planning for how to keep him....not start whining about beingt up against the cap 3 years down the line when it's too late.

What PC SHOULD be doing now is realizing he has essentially the same squad he had 2 years ago when they could not BUY a goal and finished 8th in the conference....realize they are a 1st or 2nd round KO in playoffs at best--and start looking for a blockbuster deal to bring in an elite sniper to play w/Savvy, using those Kessel draft picks as bait. Anything less is more of the same shell game.

The bet here is we'll see the B's hold onto those picks, talk about how valuable they WILL be, then wave bye bye in round 1 and the whole pathetic cycle will start again next year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthony3603. Show anthony3603's posts

Why are people so excited about the draft picks from Toronto?

Kessel himself was a #5 pick in 2006! And he has already been driven out of town by management.

The last Top 10 picks the Bruins had before Kessel were was Joe Thornton #1 (NHL MVP for SJ) and Sergei Samsonov #8 (Rookie of the year) and you know how those turned out.

This team is going nowhere fast with this clueless ownership & management in place.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from da-rivercharles. Show da-rivercharles's posts

[QUOTE]How many of the Bruin #1 picks are playing for them? One. That says it all. They don't know what they're doing.
    Posted by nashville0303[/QUOTE]

I'd expect nothing less than a hockey fan from Nashville.  Stick to nascar and chewin' tobacco!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

see, heres the problem with all you guys....we could import the red wings management, and it would still be their fault that kessel isn't here (although that had little to do with management) it would still be their fault that neely wasn't surrounded with more talent, and it would be their fault that thornton was traded.

Nashville - how many first round picks are playing for their bruins (not necessarily their own)
    Blake Wheeler
    Tuukka Rask
    marco sturm
    mark stuart
    chuck kobasew (now traded of course)
    Derek Morris

then you have second round picks of
    bergeron
    krejci
    chara
    recchi
    Lucic

3rd round
    SAVARD (ya, only first round picks are worth anything right)
    marchand

i think ryder was 8th round

darivercharles - seeing as how like 98% of hockey players chew, you shouldn't bash it

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ego tripping is a mainstay on these boards.  I really have no right to say anything with regards to the Bruins except that "Jacobs runs his organization like his concession stands". He is a penny pinching miser.  Ironically, the salary cap has a leveling factor on the influence of the Jacobins. Now, Chiarelli is trying to build a team.  In my estimation, a work in progress.  The moves made by Chiarelli were in part a Jacob's credo of running a business, Kessel maneuvers over the summer.  The rest of his moves though were an effort to improve the team.  He has a core of players that are excellent... i.e..  Lucic, Stuart, Krejci, and Wheeler.  So, start comparing the players of the Bruins to other players on other teams.  The conclusion will be undoubtedly, outside of Detriot, that most teams build from the draft of high picks. Pittsburg and Chicago in particular had several years of horrible play to attain 1st round picks to find current success.  Chiarelli is trying to build a team while competing for the cup.  He has draft picks that could be used for "rent" players as they pursue the cup in March 2010.  If not he will use the picks to continue rebuilding.  The "jury is still out" on his long term objectives of signing Savard and others under the cap, but he is on the right track.  Now to finish off, I watched Cheevers play in 1966 for the Rochester Americans.  I was a Bobby Orr disciple once I moved back to New England.  That stuff is all moot when taking hockey.  Being positive is excellent way of thinking always ( except if you work for the septic tank business), especially under the current cap situation.  Rebuilding is ongoing process, look at Belichick for proof on how to do that while winning. Enough said.  

Sections
Shortcuts