Give me your TOP 5...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

Give me your TOP 5...

Hey Bruins Fans,

Can you give me your top 5 most important players of our club ? (Rank in Order)

My choices.....

1) Zdeno Chara
    2) Tim Thomas
    3) Marc Savard
    4) Milan Lucic
    5) David Krejci

What's your choices ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from eleusis. Show eleusis's posts

Re: Give me your TOP 5...

In no order...

Chara, Thomas, Savard, Bergeron, Lucic

Edit: Actually, those are in order within their positions. I don't think that you can really say that defense is more important than goaltending is more important than offense -- they're all different roles, and you have to have them all.  But within those categories, those are my picks in order.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Oh good question.

Chara, Savard, Thomas are the tripod on which the team rests, after them the next teir is hard to say, but I like Lucic for keeping the physical intensity in games even when he's not pounding the snot out of someone with his fists, and Krejci who is developing in to a truly outstanding two way player. If Bergeron can get his mojo back he passes Krejci, and possibly moves the team from three player base to a four since he's better defensively than either Krejci or Savard and more physical than either as well.

In the very next tier are Stuart, Ryder, Sturm & Ference.

In Response to Give me your TOP 5...:
    [QUOTE]Hey Bruins Fans, Can you give me your top 5 most important players of our club ? (Rank in Order) My choices..... 1) Zdeno Chara 2) Tim Thomas 3) Marc Savard 4) Milan Lucic 5) David Krejci What's your choices ?
    Posted by Peanator[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CraigJeans. Show CraigJeans's posts

Thomas
    Chara
    Savard
    Krejci
    Lucic

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skaswatch. Show Skaswatch's posts

In overall necessity:

1) Thomas
    2) Chara
    3) Savard
    4) Lucic
    5) Bergeron

Thomas #1 because if he goes down, as of right now there is no proven NHL replacement. Chara is Mr. Everything. Savy QB's the offense whenever he's out there and is the most dynamic. Lucic is our physical leader. Bergeron because he's are best all-around player. He can hit, skate, play 5-on-5, PP, or PK, and will be our top PK man now that Axelsson and Yelle are gone. Krejci is a close 5th, but is a bit more one dimensional than Bergeron at this point in his career. Bergeron could easily step in and do everything Krejci does if he were to go down with an injury, but I don't think Krejci could step in and do everything Bergie does at this point in his career.

As for this specific year:

1) Kessel - We need back our top scorer
    2) Sturm - Needs to return to form and compete hard
    3) Wheeler - Needs to put in a full 82 games of top-form play if Kess leaves.
    4) Rask - Needs to be able to shine so Timmy can rest 20 games or so.
    5) *tie*  Lucic & Stuart - Need to continue to step up even more in the leadership department to replace Ward, Yelle & Axelsson

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Chara
    Krejci
    Bergeron
    Ference
    Thomas

people might call me a little bit crazy for this list but i'll explain. Chara is the most important because, although you know what you will get from him, without him we just aren't nearly the same team.
    Its going to be really important that Krejci come back from his injury, and play the way he did last year. I thought he was the Bruins best forward last year, and if this injury doesn't set him back who knows where the ceiling is
    Bergeron is pretty self explanatory, if he gets back to form, the Bs have 3 number one centers basically.
    Ference is the question mark on the D. I liek the guy a lot and think he has a great skill set for his contract, but the Bs need to see some durability out of him
    Thomas, yes hes important, but I really think the Bruins play in a system that de-emphasizes the importance of the goaltender.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

I thik i kind of took your thread the wrong way, if its straight up who would it hurt the most to lose

Chara
    Krejci
    Savard
    Stuart
    Wheeler

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I'll take a page from the Mark Messier book and say that you don't have to worry about the best players on the team. The best players are going to show up and do what they are going to do.

Messier is such a respected captain because he always impressed upon the role players their impact in the important games. If you want to win a stanley cup, you need the role players to perform above expectations.

Because of this, I believe the most important players to the Bruins are

1) Matt Hunwick
    2) Mark Stuart
    3) Blake Wheeler
    4) Byron Bitz
    5) Tuuka Rask

With Mark Savard in the last year of his contract and unlikely to return, this is the year to win the cup for the Bruins. If the five players I listed remain development projects through next season, I don't believe this team has what it takes to win the Stanley cup. If three of the five step up and assume critical roles on the Bruins team, then this could finally be the year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

I agree with almost everything you say, but I think that it is EXTREMELY likely that Marc Savard returns.
    Also I think Mark Stuart is one of those players that you just don't have to worry about.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazybsfan04. Show crazybsfan04's posts

1.zdeno chara
    2.timmy thomas
    3.marc savard
    4.mark recchi
    5.david krejci

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

recchi, interesting pick, i like it

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazybsfan04. Show crazybsfan04's posts

recchi's a very very gifted and clutch scorer.that's why i picked him over lucic.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

oh imafan you slay me, i wish we could offer you a buyout package and get you off these boards

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skaswatch. Show Skaswatch's posts

if that's the case, then Mikko Makela and Bruce Shoebottom FTW!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kraychee46. Show kraychee46's posts

1. Milan Lucic
    2. Zdeno Chara
    3. Phil Kessel
    4. Mark Stuart
    5. Claude Julien

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Tim Thomas -need to be the same less rebounds
    Morris- new kid in town will have to prove himself Chara will need help on PP
    Rechhi- wants to show he still has what it takes
    Bergeron- stay healthy will be major factor
    Wheeler- need to step up and pot some goals sophmore year
    I already know what the other Bruins can do these five are my main concern.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

In Response to Re: Give me your TOP 5...:
    [QUOTE]Tim Thomas -need to be the same less rebounds Morris- new kid in town will have to prove himself Chara will need help on PP Rechhi- wants to show he still has what it takes Bergeron- stay healthy will be major factor Wheeler- need to step up and pot some goals sophmore year I already know what the other Bruins can do these five are my main concern.
    Posted by Canbostondoit[/QUOTE]

i like it....
    well put

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicanator17. Show lucicanator17's posts

1) Thomas
          2) Savy
          3) Chara
          4) Bergeron
          5) Begin has a lot to prove filling in for yelle... yelle was a big guy on the shorthand and when games were close

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Begin is so replacable, i'm sorry but I just don't see it

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: Give me your TOP 5...:
    [QUOTE]oh imafan you slay me, i wish we could offer you a buyout package and get you off these boards
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE] Good one, LOL.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

• Savvy
    • Timmy
    • Looch
    • Kessel
    • Zee
    • Chucky
    I can't lose one sorry.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

In terms of overall talent and skill set (future):

1) Patrice Bergeron
    2)
    David Krejci
    3)
    Phil Kessel
    4)
    Milan Lucic
    5)
    Blake Wheeler

Most important impact players as of today:

1) Zdeno Chara
    2) Tim Thomas
    3) Marc Savard
    4) Patrice Bergeron
    5) David Krejci

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

I can't believe I forgot Krejci.

Man this team has a lot of talent. What a problem -- cry me a river! (I miss Jack Edwards)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

This is a loaded question but I'll play along anyways.
    1. Tim Thomas...last line of defence
    2. Ryder... Gotta score to win. (I leave out Kessel because he is currently not on our team)
    3. Rask... Gotta be able to give Timmy some time off and win games doing it.
    4. Chara... He's our captain, must lead by example.
    5. Lucic...Game changer in many ways

Having played this little game I will say that I am adding a number 6 pick because I don't think a 5 man team can win in this league
    6. Everyone else...gotta be a team to win