Globe or Herald-- Your choice for Bruins coverage

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Globe or Herald-- Your choice for Bruins coverage

//A lot of mis-information, a lot of twisting the truth on both sides./

Funny the NY Times polled memebers of the "Tea Party" and they overwhelmingly said that did not think palin would make a good President but she speaks at there rallys hmmm...

Now that is misinformation and "gotcha journalism" LoL! Tongue out

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

In Response to Re: Globe or Herald-- Your choice for Bruins coverage:
    The idea of the Tea Party maybe Anti-Big Government, but i guarantee a lot of them have no idea what they are protesting against. There is a lot of hypocrisy going on. A lot of mis-information, a lot of twisting the truth on both sides. 
    Posted by morphosis1974

They are protesting against this tax and spend President/Congress. Our country is being taken over by the same people we elected. Rather than lsitening to their constituants they make decisons based on what they think is right and for a pwer grab rather than what the same people who elected them want. Progressives are in the majority and they are going to cram their agenda down our thraots RIGHT NOW while they can. November is going to be very interesting. Misinformed??? Yeah, read the Globe if you want misinformation/slanted agenda.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

kpd comes off like Big D.B. the only guy who'll still mention Blaine Lacher.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

oh yeah,"tea party patriot" shirts spotted at walmart.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Um, wasn't this a hockey thread? While I am all for the free flow of debate (I study it for a living, actually), I come to this site precisely because I want to avoid politics.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yukamatta409. Show yukamatta409's posts

great question bsfaninpensterritory. i have the herald delivered to my house and the hockey coverage is very good. i don't use the heralds forum for bs fans. i live five miles away from Boston so im am very lucky in the fact that i get the late addition delivered to my house. dosent sound like much i know but the early edition newspaper sometimes doesn't even have results from the night before even if the game is at 7:00. basically it comes down to like u said Conroy and Harris against Dupont and Fluto. truthfully its a coinflip both are top notch. Dupont is the best of the four. he is easily the best at taking players,coaches or management to task on any issues. and your defiantly correct on Sunday he is a must read so much so that i pay the $4.00 dollars on Sunday basically just to read his column. 2nd and 3rd go to the herald guys. i don't know if u read it Tuesday but the best thing i feel about the herald is Steven Harris report card at the end of the year. Harris is impartial with the grades and has no favorites. he defiantly grades on players merit. so to make a long story short(too late) just bruins coverage give me the globe but its Bergeron close against Carolina when he saved the puck from going in our own net u know what mean. good luck in pens territory go bruins

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yukamatta409. Show yukamatta409's posts

[QUOTE]As long as Tomase is employed by the herald, I won't read a thing they produce
    Posted by OlsonicCreations[/QUOTE]

good call i thought of canceling may subscription just because of that LOSER. wish the herald would get rid of him. he has as much creditably has bruins8!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

In Response to Re: Globe or Herald-- Your choice for Bruins coverage : Yah, im just having a hard time to think of really good Hockey writers, especially in Boston, just not a fan of any of the writing, so i went to TV Announcers since they are much more informative and guys like Brick know the game, played the game. I read the Hockey News which is decent.  If you want a good reading, im reading this book from 1969 called "Bobby Orr and the Big, Bad Bruins" by Stan Fischler....its a great book about the early Orr years, from growing up in Canada to his early years in Boston...
    Posted by morphosis1974

Ahh yes, but always BEWARE of anything Fischler has written, past or present.  Fischler found a formula that worked and it's made him a lot money over the past 4 decades.  He writes to his NY audience first, and after that, he writes to sell.  The mans has cranked out a ton of hockey books, but very fewof them offered anything new or different from others.  I agree, it's fun to read a book like his Bruins/Orr book, especially if you weren't around back then.  Do you know that Fischler used to say...just to draw attention to himself..that Orr was NOT the best player in the NHL during his era?  He often said Potvin was a better defenseman than Orr (Potvin said the same too, he was always whining about being overlooked, etc., it was pathetic).   Fischler was largely viewed as a joke in Boston, but as a hockey God in NYC, and why?  Because he told NYC hockey fans what they wanted to hear.  Yah, I'll tell 'em that Potvin's better than Orr, they'll that up...  I'm not exaggerating, not even a little.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

For what it's worth, I read both the Globe and the Herald's B's coverage.  The Herald's web page is better because they update B's news as it happens; the Globe will only update their page if something major happens, otherwise they'll wait until the next day's "issue".  Both paper's Bruins staffer blogs, covering practice, etc., are sadly lacking.  If you want to read something great, check out the "Capitals Insider" blog done by the Caps Washington Post beat writer.  Great stuff. 

KPD's Sunday hockey column is the best of it's kind in this country (I've read literally every city's hockey pages over the years).  But if you want the best coverage, check out any number of Canadian newspaper and news sites.  It's almost too much info., but their passion for hockey is similar to our's for the Red Sox.  Nothing goes unnoticed, controversy around every corner, and the most fiendish attacks on other city's teams and players, LOL!