GM sitting the wrong move!?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mik802. Show mik802's posts

GM sitting the wrong move!?

in my opinion its stupid to sit around i know we dont have much money and we arent gonna sign anyone big but look we are noly losing players right now and gaining absolutly no one.  We didnt get the cup last year watch makes peter so confident we are gonna be better next year when we are losing not gaining

your thoughts

DO SOMETHING I DONT CARE WHAT PETER!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

Re: GM sitting the wrong move!?

Exactly. You're basically telling the league We're so much better than all of you guys, we can bring the same team next year and still beat you. There is a rumor going around that if the cap dips next season, they may ask for a rollback of all salaries (or else you get this huge amount of players needing to get out of contracts and needs teams, etc). I agree ... do something. Hossa for 5MM is a great deal - why wouldn't you do that? A proven 40+ goal scorer asking for slightly more than Kessel? Sure we'd have $2MM to spend, sign Hunwick and Bitz. And trade a mid tier guy. We have the depth right? Marchand, Colborne, Rabbit, Wheeler? We can't keep them all. Keep the consitent ones and let the other go.

Do something ... I agree. Then again, they signed Ryder at the final hour last year so who knows. Kick yourself if Hunwick goes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

In Response to GM sitting the wrong move!?:
    [QUOTE]... we are noly losing players right now and gaining absolutly no one...
    Posted by mik802[/QUOTE]

Um... who have the Bs lost that they planned on re-signing? So should they just sign someone for the sake of signing someone? Sounds alot like the way people elect the bafoons running this state/country!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfany2k. Show bruinsfany2k's posts

Do you really want to pay Hossa 5 million a season for 12 years? I am sorry but I don't think that would benefit the Bruins in the long run given his age of 30, but you can certainly say the foolish part is not lock up a 21 year old like Kessel long term. We'll see what PC does, but it will be discussed passionately on here since people will wonder why PC didn't sign one of our free agents sooner, or question the players we did bring in.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mik802. Show mik802's posts

we may have not lost kessel or hunwick yet but i dont see us signing them any time soon we cant sit around and wait for them to get better offers than us and try to match the offer its stupidity

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfany2k. Show bruinsfany2k's posts

In Response to Re: GM sitting the wrong move!?:
    [QUOTE] we may have not lost kessel or hunwick yet but i dont see us signing them any time soon we cant sit around and wait for them to get better offers than us and try to match the offer its stupidity
    Posted by mik802[/QUOTE]

I agree this is stupidity, but to be fair, the Bruins had alot of talent up for grabs, I personally think we overpayed Thomas, not saying he doesn't deserve alot of money, but not 6 million a season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from emjake5236. Show emjake5236's posts

i see the bruins signing hunwick, to much upside and cheap.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Costas-V. Show Costas-V's posts

I say bring in Havlat... I love his skill and the way he plays... Not sure how much he is asking for, but should be less than the 5.2 Hossa got from the hawks so we should be able to afford him... And he is much better than the one trick pony kessel... There is even Mike Cammalleri from calgary available who scored 39 goals last year and had 82 points... I think Hossa's signing set the tone and I dont think either havlat or cammalleri are going to command more than 5, so sign one of them and let kessel go and take the compensation.... and please sign Bitz and Hunwick now!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpJay76. Show SpJay76's posts

Ya let's resign Kessel for 4-5  mil and watch what happens next summer when we need to resign Savard, Lucic, Wheeler, Rask, and Stuart.

I know most Bruins fans are crazy about Kessel, but he isnt a complete player and he's not consistent. If you think this guy is gonna score 40 goals on his own without a guy like Savard then you are dead wrong. So if we sign Kessel and say lose Savard to free agency next summer you can't expect the same production out of Kessel.....especially if he get put on a line with Bergeron at center. Remeber, Kessel was playing for a contract this past season, so let's see if the fire is still there after he get's paid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

With David Boothe resigning with Florida for 4.2 a year, that raises the bar for Kessel's asking price. He'll get at least 4.5 somewhere. He's a goner in Boston. Let's just hope PC gets some value in return. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfany2k. Show bruinsfany2k's posts

Gionta is still out there, he would add speed and a good shot to the line up if the Bruins look into him.

Sections
Shortcuts