Go get Iginla

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Go get Iginla

Calgary is droppping off faster than the Bruins. So if they are out of it at the trade dead line (and we are in it), try to get Iggy. Calgary needs re-tooling in the worst way, anbd we get a scorer.
    Not going to happen, but he'd look good in a B's uniform, eh?

There jump all over this one, and have a great weekend.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Re: Go get Iginla

Iginla is on a downward trend guy..and has been for a few years.. He is living off reputation ..  Still, Calgary would never move him...plus he makes 7 mil a year until year 2013? No thanks..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I would take Iginla at 7.5 before kovy at 10 + but one way or another it won't happend!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

I'm telling you, the Bruins should get Nathan Horton.  It wouldn't cost them more than their 1st round pick (not the Toronto 1st rounder) and MAYBE another player (Ryder, Wideman, etc.)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

Ryder ?? LOL it's about time you admit that habs fans were right about him !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Iggy now...whats next Sid or Ovie.  You realize he is the only player Calgary has...I can't even imagine what it would cost to get him. 

Do you people ever look from the other teams point of view...why would Calgary want to give up the fan favorite team leader that is one of the best power fwds in the game and has no one to play with.  Jamie Lundmark is his winger.  Last year it was Bertuzzi...he gets new guys every year. 

Anyway...not gonna happen.  Next idea?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Ahaha Iginla?

Easy. Savard, Bergeron, 1st round pick and Mark Stuart should get it done.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Horton and Seidenberg for Boston's 2011 1st, 4th Rounder this year, Ryder and Hamill or Lehtonen.

I actually like David Perron also from St. Louis, and the B's tried to trade Kessel for him and Tkachuk last year. (don't want Tkachuk now though). 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

In saying he won't be traded, I agree, but then again Gret was traded.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

shaunk,

That is a pretty good idea my friend.  Likely the best I have seen on here in a while.  Horton is a top line player and Seidenburg is a steady puck moving d-man. 
    If they would take any of the following we would be a better team Ryder/Wideman or Morris.
    Horton would be a 35 goal guy every year with Savard. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

thanks shuperman.

I don't know why everyone gets worked up about the validity of trading Wideman or Ryder.  Are they disappointments this year, yes.  But if you surround them in a trade with other picks/prospects, you can get them off of your hands.  It just doesn't work when people suggest "Wideman, Ryder, uh, Tim Thomas and a 7th Rounder for Kovalchuk." Just doesn't make sense.  Picks are the best currency at trade deadlines, and the Bruins have plenty of them.

To get to the trade I suggested: Horton is a model of consistency, and he gets to the front of the net.  Seidenberg is also a reliable stay at home d.  Now, if I am CHiarelli, I am trading for very good (NOT elite) goal scorers at the trade deadline, and sign them for next year when you can add a top end youngster from this year's draft.  If it is as deep as people are saying, both our picks in the 1st round and possibly (but not likely) some from the 2nd will be playing on the big-time roster next year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I like the Horton trade too... but I don't think anyone wants Wideman or Ryder. If we could pull off Wideman + Ryder + 1st rounder for Horton + Seidenberg that would be a greater steal than the Joe Thornton trade (and I might finally forgive management!)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

As long as we don't get Phaneufter, he has been lazy sincing signing his big fat contract. The last thing we need is another prima donna who left his hummer running while he was getting his Latte at starbucks before the game. Someone stole it & the Calgary Police had to give him a ride to the game so he wasn't late. Imagine trying to explain that to Brent Sutter. True story, he couldn't comment to reporters because it was a criminal matter. What a joke. It made the Calgary newspapers.

Sections
Shortcuts