Go Hawks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flameurass. Show Flameurass's posts

Go Hawks

Gotta root for someone, might as well root for the team that hasn't won since dinosaurs roamed the earth. Who's with me?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Re: Go Hawks

Dude I was thinking the same thing.

That is the only team I can stomach at this point.

Hate the Canes
    Hate Sidney Crosby
    Red Wings are Dull

Gotta love the Hawks

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmfpatpatriot7575. Show jmfpatpatriot7575's posts

I was thinking that this morning,, This is going to be the worst friday in a long time..  Just like someone else said on another post, I hope we dont have to wait ten years to have this again,, We will see what this offseason brings or takes from us..

cheers to a good season guys,
    Now I hope the hawks and lift me up a little..

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Weird. I was thinking the same thing about the Hawks, and I've heard the same from other Bs fans. Is this a kinship formed back in the Esposito days?

Anyway, Ols, the Wings are dull. I'm probably just not mature enough to appreciate their skill level on its own, but I need more.

Crosby has shown his true colors, and even if he were in the same class as Ovechkin, at least Ovee is kinda funny. He's got character to back up all that skill, even if that character can be disturbing or disturbed.

And oh yeah, I hate the Canes too, primarily because every time I hear that word now, I think of Staal's face after he scored. He had that Jesus look on, and made this all-mighty pose with his arms toward the heavens.

JMF, take a look at this team. Do they seem like a team who will make us wait 10 more years, or are they a young team growing into something spectacular? I guess you know my answer.

HOMER, thank you for saying it. I have nothing against loud fans, and in fact I love it-- that's the only reason I came to appreciate football while living in the south years ago. It's about the tailgating parties. But how many of those people know anything about the sport? Well, more of them know lots about football than hockey that's for sure. That's why Recchi expressed his marvel when he came to play in Boston. He said he'd never really noticed just how much the fans know about hockey in Beantown; it's obvious from their reactions, and eh... their vocal contributions.

I hope Boston remains a hockey town from here on in.

Here's to things only getting better. (If we're lucky, maybe one day there will remain about 10 teams in total, and the level of athleticism / skill / motivation demanded will select out the whiney & cowardly players.)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

If it's Pens vs Wings in the finals again , I'm going to have major stomach distress.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Bobbyorr. Show 4Bobbyorr's posts

[QUOTE]If it's Pens vs Wings in the finals again , I'm going to have major stomach distress.
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Bobbyorr. Show 4Bobbyorr's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by 4Bobbyorr[/QUOTE]

The longer the Hawks stick around the better their chances of a Cup Final.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

[QUOTE]Gotta root for someone, might as well root for the team that hasn't won since dinosaurs roamed the earth. Who's with me?
    Posted by Flameurass[/QUOTE]

Gotta go with the Blackhawks as well. I like how they never changed their uniform. Right down to the stripe on the pants!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]If it's Pens vs Wings in the finals again , I'm going to have major stomach distress.
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha yeah I do not want to see that final again either! I picked the Hawks to upset the Canucks in "Series Predictions" thread. Young and fun to watch kinda like another original 6 team I like. 

Go Hawks thay have that no fear freshmen/rookie mentality!                   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmfpatpatriot7575. Show jmfpatpatriot7575's posts

BruinsUnite,
    What I was trying to say was that in past seasons when things didnt workout,, they rebuilt(Blow the team up),, again,, and again,, and again,, we all know this didnt work. I like where this team is going.. We now have a team that is fun to watch again,, its been a while.. The past two seasons have been great for us,, I am not a "sheep" I just like how Julian and staff have this team going..
    Cheers,
    Hawks are going to need some help in this series...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Swedish Connection Picture Perfect

JMF, my answer to you was sort of an agreement / pep talk sorta thing. i'm a realist but I know a good thing when I see it, and this team is it.

As for the Hawks, ouch. 3 bad turnovers and an OT loss. They really did outplay Detroit all game. Didn't believe all the media hype about it at first, but saw it for myself. Detroit's really did capitalize on the errors a whole lot. Sounds obvious but it isn't. You can do almost everything right, outplay the other team, but when the other team is detroit, you might as well be attempting brain surgery with mittens on. Detroit has the surgeons.

Calculated and delicate passes, right angles...

|_|

...and the most precise multi--layered screens you can get.
    As Rafalski delivers the wrister...

And the deadly turnover gets you a bloody pack of
    hawks (scavengers) behind the puck in perfect flight formation.

It's the Swedish / Slovakian army.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hawks are stayin in this series! Nice win in OT! Vicious hit on Havlet but it was clean. Havlet is one of there smartest players on a smart team but he had his head down on that play. Ouch!

Dustin Byfuglien has become my favorite player on the Hawks. Not superskilled or the greatest skater but he keeps his feet movin, sticks his nose into everything and frustrates the Wings to no end! 

He won the game last night when he drew a bunch of Wing defenders in front of the net. Wouldn't mind seein Dusty in Balck and Gold! Yep it's a series again!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyl. Show paulyl's posts

In Response to Re: Go Hawks:
    [QUOTE] exactly who i was rooting for! the hawks!    same as the bruins  a team destroyed by bad ownership!!    the wings = the yankees bought alot of cups, not that it's a bad thing as their owner spent while jj pocketed it! the penguins = biggest bunch of bandwagon homer fans ever! the canes = fans know nothing about hockey much rather watch nascar!
    Posted by TheRealHomer[/QUOTE]

Funny as soon as their crusty old owner died things turned around for them...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Well my father was a big hawks because they had a farm team back in our hometown and their were Hawk fans every where. For me I also like the Hawks and one day Bobby Orr came along and drove to becoming a Bruins fan. I would love to see the Bruins and Hawks in the finals. My older brother is die hard Hawks fan and myself would make an interesting  playoff serious on the telephone conversations. I have respect for the Hawks and my team a will always be the Bruins.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Orr also played for the Hawks, a very sad thing that was, I almost abondoned the Bruins when they did that to him. Talk about anger at GM and owners, should have been around then.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from barneybux. Show barneybux's posts

In Response to Go Hawks:
    [QUOTE]Gotta root for someone, might as well root for the team that hasn't won since dinosaurs roamed the earth. Who's with me?

NOBODY Ahole!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: Go Hawks:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Go Hawks :  NOBODY Ahole!!!
    Posted by barneybux[/QUOTE]
    That was posted last playoffs after the Bruins were eliminated, so don't think too badly of the OP.  Nothing to do with tonight's game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Go Hawks:

Generally I would agree but Toronto is in the same species of dinosaurs.  The Blackhawk logo goes back to WWII, I believe.  Got to be one the best uniforms in sports.  

Sections
Shortcuts