Goal Production will be way UP this year! Heres Why!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

Goal Production will be way UP this year! Heres Why!

Krejci Seids and Lucic will be healthy to start the year!

With all the kids pushing to get jobs there will be a healthy competitiveness that will push everyone to bring it on a nightly basis!

Bergeron in my opinion has now returned to his form.  Looked a little burnt out in the Philly series but wouldnt you be.  Played all situations and alot of Hockey!

Nathan Horton will help the number 1 line immensly and will help fill that void missing from Kessel.

Ryder is in a contract year and will have a bounce back season! Ryder Krej and Wheeler will have a big year together with the dynamic of 2 years ago returning.

Savvy if back, will play as if he has something to prove!

Seguin- I believe this kid under the circumstances will have a season in which other teams will have to worry about him. No pressure on him and tons of raw talent. 

Tell the boys at the Garden to stock up on Red bulbs!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: Goal Production will be way UP this year! Heres Why!

Doesn't it make more sense to just buy the red cap, then the bulbs are the same?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Aren't you forgetting something ???

Go to fullsize image

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

In Response to Goal Production will be way UP this year! Heres Why!:
    Krejci Seids and Lucic will be healthy to start the year! With all the kids pushing to get jobs there will be a healthy competitiveness that will push everyone to bring it on a nightly basis! Bergeron in my opinion has now returned to his form.  Looked a little burnt out in the Philly series but wouldnt you be.  Played all situations and alot of Hockey! Nathan Horton will help the number 1 line immensly and will help fill that void missing from Kessel. Ryder is in a contract year and will have a bounce back season! Ryder Krej and Wheeler will have a big year together with the dynamic of 2 years ago returning. Savvy if back, will play as if he has something to prove! Seguin- I believe this kid under the circumstances will have a season in which other teams will have to worry about him. No pressure on him and tons of raw talent.  Tell the boys at the Garden to stock up on Red bulbs!!!!!!!
    Posted by samsonov

I didnt know Kool aid came in black and gold

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The post is optimistic, but valid in my view.  The only issue I have with it is the Ryder and the contract year bit.  There is no reason to believe he'll do better in a contract year, but there is reason to believe he'll do worse.

We'll see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Regarding Ryder. Since one of the solutions for getting the B's cap space under the cap when Sturm comes off LTIR is sending Ryder to Providence, Ryder should have some extra motivation in doing good this season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianBruin. Show CanadianBruin's posts

In Response to Re: Goal Production will be way UP this year! Heres Why!:
    [QUOTE]The post is optimistic, but valid in my view.  The only issue I have with it is the Ryder and the contract year bit.  There is no reason to believe he'll do better in a contract year, but there is reason to believe he'll do worse. We'll see.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Not-a-Shot, the pessimistic authority on posting. There's plenty of reason to believe Ryder will do better in a contract year. He had an awful year last year, and he has to put up points this season or else he won't get another contract. That fact should provide lots of motivation this summer to get in shape. He's only 30, should have a few more productive seasons left before returning to the beer leagues of Bonavista. Also he seemed stronger in the playoffs after a tough year, so hopefully he can build on that going into this season. There's a few reasons. How's the book comin?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Until I see this consistent offensive production from Bergy, Ryder, Savvy, Horton, Seguin, Krejci, Seids and Lucic i'll believe it. Optimistic yes, still concerned yes.

One thing I don't want is another year of 1-1 ties then watching Wheeler and Ryder in shootouts all year long! Please I can't take another year of it. I want to see the return of puck control offense of the 09' season!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Goal Production will be way UP this year! Heres Why! :
    There's plenty of reason to believe Ryder will do better in a contract year. He had an awful year last year, and he has to put up points this season or else he won't get another contract.
    Posted by CanadianBruin

I have an idea:  Do a little research on what happened last time he was in a contract year and then come back here an apologize for being misinformed. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

The only way to go is up as far as goal scoring goes, as last year was a disaster. But to blame it all on Julien are not very insightful and meaningful comments. Wasn't he the same coach from the year before whose style of play led them to 2nd in the NHL in goals scored ? Did he change things that drastically that led to this drop-off ? Did he just wake up one morning in the fall of 2009 and say to himself " I think I'll change the system this year . They score too many goals ! "  I guess it takes an observer with a high hockey IQ to come to this conclusion and nothing to do with the fact that the Bruins had lots of scoring chances but couldn't bury them compared to the year prior. Blaming the coach for the teams goal scoring is the easy way to criticize last year's team for the uneducated observer. Truth of the matter is last year's team was lacking in talent in the goal scoring department with the same system set in place from the year before.You can't teach goal scoring at the NHL level. Either you have it or you don't.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

I think that Ryder needs to show teams during training camp and in the first two months that he can contribute SOMETHING to the offense.  No matter if he scores a ton or not, he needs to get some good looks and prove to be worthy enough of a trade commodity.  Teams will have injuries during the first few months, and Ryder is a good enough asset (1 year contract) that a team could use him as a stop gap.  But it is pointless really to argue Ryder's position, if Savard will be traded, if TT will flop around somewhere else.  We need to see what training camp brings.  If Caron or Colbourne do not demonstrate that they can play at the NHL level yet, then PC would be stupid to trade Ryder or Wheeler or anyone else.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

LOL got me there however this system to me is all about forcheck and defensemen pinching in. Lets hope we can return to that form!

Posted by JWensink

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Ryder's contract year and doing your homework.  I did a year to year comparison re: this a few months back.  In his contract year with the Habs, he scored basically the same number of even-strength goals as he had the year before, but his PP goals dropped significantly because he wasn't getting PP time.  His overall ice was down significantly too.  If you look at it closely, that past "contract year" supports neither the theory that he'll pick it up nor the theory that he won't.  It suggests he was the same 25-30 goal player if put in the right situations.  That makes last year the anomally because he got his usual ice time in all situations and didn't produce.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

Thought all that went without saying.  But my thoughts exactly!

In Response to Re: Goal Production will be way UP this year! Heres Why! :
    The post is optimistic, but valid in my view.  The only issue I have with it is the Ryder and the contract year bit.  There is no reason to believe he'll do better in a contract year, but there is reason to believe he'll do worse. We'll see. Posted by Not-A-Shot Not-a-Shot, the pessimistic authority on posting. There's plenty of reason to believe Ryder will do better in a contract year. He had an awful year last year, and he has to put up points this season or else he won't get another contract. That fact should provide lots of motivation this summer to get in shape. He's only 30, should have a few more productive seasons left before returning to the beer leagues of Bonavista. Also he seemed stronger in the playoffs after a tough year, so hopefully he can build on that going into this season. There's a few reasons. How's the book comin?
    Posted by CanadianBruin

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

Posted by JWensink

Funny, I got a solid chuckle out of it, but aren't you forgetting something....

http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/team/_/stat/scoring/sort/avgGoalsFor/year/2009

Julien was the coach then as well.

On Ryder, I'm pretty much with NAS on this one, I believe he had 14 goals in his last contract year, and was a healthy scratch in the playoffs, how he went for 4 mill still has me amazed. Over the last 20 games on the regular season last year, i kept on saying, Ryder is about to go on a tear, because he just looked like he was really close to getting hot, and he is a notoriously streaky goal scorer. If he can find one of those streaks this year, he could do well, but it won't be because hes in a contract year

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Ryder should be better. He has to want to be better. He has had one year in Boston where he played as if he wanted to, followed by the same laziness that saw him benched in Montreal. He knows how, and can be an elite sniper, but the booze effect may be hindering any desire. He still picks up his $4mil whether he earns it or not. We've all seen this at every level of hockey. An earlier thread discussed Dan Cleary, another skilled guy who let the beer smother his talent until he, or the Red Wings, woke up. Look at how Probert threw his career away among others. The game of hockey, particularly at the NHL level, requires physical quality and purity, more so than any other sport. Who are the first guys gasping in your pick up games?? Nuff said. It's all up to Ryder.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

yeah- this kind of quote from when CJ was fired in NJ has no meaning or insight into the problems the Bruins had on offense- just a coincidence. Wash that chowder down with some refreshing kool-aid -

"Make no mistake, even though Lou has been spending a lot of cash on his offensive talent since the lockout, the Devils continue to be a prototype of a defense-oriented hockey club. And the fact that Julien was fired by the Devils for emphasizing defense too much and neglecting the offense, then it is pretty safe to say that Julien may be a little too extreme in his defensive style of coaching. That was a criticism that was leveled at his coaching for the majority of this season, as the Devils seemed to play conservatively to a fault in countless games."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

So he was neglecting the offensive game in 08-09 when the B's were 2nd in the league in scoring ? Insightful and meaningful copy and paste !  

Can you explain how the B's scored so many goals in 08-09 with CJ behind the bench if he was neglecting the offense ? Really looking forward to your explanation . I know you will avoid this question because you never have answered any other questions I have asked you in the past. Unless you answer it I'll use your favourite line and say 'I'm done with you'.

If you feel you have to call me a koolaid drinker or I wear rose coloured glasses then we'll both realize that's the best you can do and move on to your next CJ or PC repetitive whining post. What great hockey insight ! You bring so much to this board .

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Too! many! exclamation! points!

Other than that, I'm pretty optimistic, mainly because of guys like Krejci, Lucic, Savard and Chara being healthy. Krejci's difficulties out of the gate last year due to his hip surgery had a definite spillover effect, especially on Wheeler. People focus on Savard's concussion but forget that he suffered a broken foot in training camp (and then hurt his knee as well). Lucic was hindered with his high ankle sprain for months, and Chara's busted/dislocated finger really hurt his shot. I expect MUCH better from all of them, and the addition of Horton is encouraging as well. Not to mention Seguin.

That said, I don't believe in contract years. Ryder will either regain his scoring touch or he won't, but I don't think it being the final year of his contract has anything to do with it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

So he was neglecting the offensive game in 08-09 when the B's were 2nd in the league in scoring ? Insightful and meaningful copy and paste !   Can you explain how the B's scored so many goals in 08-09 with CJ behind the bench if he was neglecting the offense ? Really looking forward to your explanation . I know you will avoid this question because you never have answered any other questions I have asked you in the past. Unless you answer it I'll use your favourite line and say 'I'm done with you'. If you feel you have to call me a koolaid drinker or I wear rose coloured glasses then we'll both realize that's the best you can do and move on to your next CJ or PC repetitive whining post. What great hockey insight ! You bring so much to this board .
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Atta-boy Chowda...I'm sure Clode has made mistakes in the past but the current support group [Neely] will not let him squash the goal revolution this year -career years on the way for Horton/Ryder/Wheeler/Savard/Krejci/Looch +Seguin +Rask with Timmy pushing. Could be a perfect storm for success this year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

Too! many! exclamation! points! Other than that, I'm pretty optimistic, mainly because of guys like Krejci, Lucic, Savard and Chara being healthy. Krejci's difficulties out of the gate last year due to his hip surgery had a definite spillover effect, especially on Wheeler. People focus on Savard's concussion but forget that he suffered a broken foot in training camp (and then hurt his knee as well). Lucic was hindered with his high ankle sprain for months, and Chara's busted/dislocated finger really hurt his shot. I expect MUCH better from all of them, and the addition of Horton is encouraging as well. Not to mention Seguin. That said, I don't believe in contract years. Ryder will either regain his scoring touch or he won't, but I don't think it being the final year of his contract has anything to do with it.
    Posted by duinne

Your photo! makes me concerned! to post! on this site!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

So he was neglecting the offensive game in 08-09 when the B's were 2nd in the league in scoring ? Insightful and meaningful copy and paste !   Can you explain how the B's scored so many goals in 08-09 with CJ behind the bench if he was neglecting the offense ? Really looking forward to your explanation . I know you will avoid this question because you never have answered any other questions I have asked you in the past. Unless you answer it I'll use your favourite line and say 'I'm done with you'. If you feel you have to call me a koolaid drinker or I wear rose coloured glasses then we'll both realize that's the best you can do and move on to your next CJ or PC repetitive whining post. What great hockey insight ! You bring so much to this board .
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Hidden anger issues...hmmm -

It's only opinions about hockey- now who's whining and being repetitive???

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

This sites avatar pictures are mild and conservative compared to HFboards.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Goal Production will be way UP this year! Heres Why! : Your photo! makes me concerned! to post! on this site!
    Posted by number08

Would you be less concerned if it was a babe in a bikini?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

In Response to Re: Goal Production will be way UP this year! Heres Why! : Hidden anger issues...hmmm - It's only opinions about hockey- now who's whining and being repetitive???
    Posted by JWensink

If you had opinions other than just posting negative comments, then you might have a point.  You must be a barrel of fun to be around....

Sections
Shortcuts