Great Draft PC!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Great Draft PC!

I'll be the first to congratulate you for brining in some good forward prospects with skill and not listening to all the donks on this site who begged for D prospects. Now just trade Thornton back to the Ducks for Etem and it will be a truly great offseason.        Thanks, loyal fan

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: Great Draft PC!

In Response to Great Draft PC!:

I'll be the first to congratulate you for brining in some good forward prospects with skill and not listening to all the donks on this site who begged for D prospects. Now just trade Thornton back to the Ducks for Etem and it will be a truly great offseason.        Thanks, loyal fan
    Posted by KJBruinswin

Spooner's the only decent pick, imo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

After drafting seguin, im more excited about his trades so far and the possibility of even more trades.
    Does this make me a donlk also ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Great Draft PC!:
    Posted by KJBruinswin

Good post ! Might not be the popular opinion but I am not going to agree with someone because these players weren't on their radar or they didn't know anything about them. I read other comments when Mark Visentin got picked by the Coyotes in the first round . Mark who ? was one of the comments . He just happened to be one of the top goalies in the OHL , MVP of his team and was rated as a 2nd rounder. Uneducated comment IMO. The B's starved for offence this year, drafted Knight ( goal scorer) and Spooner ( highly skilled playmaking forward ) and people complain because they didn't know as much about these players as the players they liked. At least wait till you see these players play before you criticize them.

Relax , watch these guys play.Then if you want to criticize them then go ahead . It's like being a movie critic , giving a movie a bad review without ever seeing it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

I'm willing to wait and see. Seguin is obviously the diamond in these picks for the B's. I just wish PC had rolled the dice on Kabanov. But I'm willing to wait and see how the other picks develop. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I am not going to praise PC for this draft.  Likewise, I'm not going to bash him for it.  Let's face it, none of us know ANYTHING.  We all wish these kids well and hope the can bring success to our club.

I applaud GM's for sticking to their guns....like Sather with the McIlrath.  Will it work out?  Who the hell knows.   Were there higher rated D-men on the board at the time?  Of course....but...by whom?  Everyone else but the Rangers.  They obviously had him ranked high on their board. There's a great line from the movie, "Miracle" when Brooks and Patrick are making out the roster.  Patrick notices that some of the best U.S. born players weren't picked.  Brooks says, "I'm not picking the best players.  I'm picking the best team". 

The point is everyteam has their own system, philosophy, etc.  And there are players that fit into those systems and ones that don't.  I would have loved for the Bruins to have taken a shot with Kabanov or Merrill.  But I am not going to bash them for not either.  It's obvious that they didn't want to do that with those  headcases. 

If you look at a player like Knight the thing he does well is crash the net....and be fearless.  PC and his scouts liked the guy; felt he fits into the system; and works well under the Bruins' philosophy - hard work - so they took him.  Too high?  Maybe.  But the fact is (pardon the cliche) they got their guy.

Was he the best player on the board at the time?  Probably not.  But was he the RIGHT player for the Bruins at the time?  Maybe.  But again, we're gonna have to wait to find out.  So, until then, I welcome all the new guys in and wish them the best!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I like what PC did with this draft.  I know the Knight & Spooner picks are not sexy, time will tell he made a good decision by selecting these two.

Heck, I was pushing for Kabanov at #32 and he goes #65, so what do I know?

I found a "sleepers" list and both of these guys were on it.  Interesting read from a different perspective.

Jared Knight- Centre, London knights, OHL.  

While no Bobby Clarke, Jared Knight has one thing in common with the Flyers best hockey player of all-time, diabetes.

Knight, who stands 5’11 and weighs in at 180 pounds, likes to take it to the opposing defensemen, often taking the puck right to the net. He’s a good skater with great hands who has a gritty side to his game when he wants to play that way.

After scoring at just under a point-a-game pace in the regular season (36 goals, 57 points in 63 games played), Knight registered 12 goals and 17 points in 12 playoff games with the London knights, proving once and for all that despite his soft start to the season that he is for real.

Projected to be a late second round/early third round selection, there should be numerous NHL teams interested in landing Knight, including, the Phoenix Coyotes, Ottawa Senators, Toronto Maple Leafs, Atlanta Thrashers, Edmonton Oilers and Florida Panthers

Ryan Spooner, Centre, Peterborough Petes, OHL

If not for a broken collarbone Spooner may very well be a top 15 pick in this years NHL Entry Draft.

Through 47 games with the Peterborough Petes Spooner posted 19 goals, 35 assists for 54 points. His better than a point-a-game average stands out as one of the best in the OHL, while his above average hockey sense helps Spooner emerge as the total package.

At 5’11, 174 pounds Spooner is a little on the small side, but that’s kinda the way the NHL is leaning these days- smaller players with speed that can finesse their way through hulking defensemen.

Spooner’s ability to distribute the puck may be what gets him to the NHL. That said, you cannot ignore the 19 goals he scored this season, or the 30 goals he scored in his rookie OHL season.

Some NHL teams that may select Spooner include, the New York Islanders, Carolina Hurricanes, Nashville Predators, Tampa Bay Lightning and Florida Panthers

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/405976-2010-nhl-entry-draft-five-sleeper-picks-your-team-should-draft

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

i think it's worth mentioning, Knight has a medical condition that's killed members of my family.  I've seen it in action.  Diabetes is not good.  I would not have drafted him to my business.  Very poor investment, in my experience.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Good work PC. Now we can start to see where else he and his staff are going. Does anyone know anything about the defenseman from St' louis and B.U.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Great Draft PC!:
    i think it's worth mentioning, Knight has a medical issue that's killed members of my family.  I've seen it in action.  Diabetes is not good.  I would not have drafted him to my business.  Very poor investment, in my experience.
    Posted by bim09

Diabetes is serious but can be controlled.  It hasn't affected Nick Boyton's (and others) career(s) as far as I know. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

Bim agreed. Spooner the only one that makes sense. Particularly at 32 had so many choices at other guys. Etem went 30?  When a team gets this close you have to jump up a couple of spots to take a guy that makes sense.  2 and 45 no issues, the rest make no sense.

Sections
Shortcuts