Gudbranson and McFarland

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

Gudbranson and McFarland

Anybody hear any info on these two ? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: Gudbranson and McFarland

The good thing is they both may be available with Bs 2nd 1st rd pick. I agree there both good

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

A lot of time still to determine where that Bruins #1 pick will fall, so it's hard to say who will still be available.  Right now, if everyone picked according to MyNHLDraft, the Bruins would miss McFarland by one pick (16th).  Gudbranson is slotted #4 right now, so I doubt he's available for the Bruins' pick.

The good thing, though, is that this is a year with a lot of guys who look like they'll have good, long careers.  I don't want to steal bim09's schtick, because he seems to follow these guys closer than I do, but there are half a dozen guys ranked 10-25 who I'd be happy if they picked: Toffoli, Etem, Campbell, Kabanov, Skinner and McFarland.

Makes me wonder about the strategy for draft day.  Given that 2nd rounders take some time to develop, it might be a stretch for Boston to work four guys through the system and give them the opportunities they need to develop.  So - maybe you trade that Leafs #2, the Carolina or TBay #2, and work back into the back half of the first round - if the right guy's still there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Gudbranson may be reanked number 4 in NA skaters but hes ranked to be piecked somewhere around 13th

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

ISS has him at 9th, behind Pysyk and Gormley.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

I think Gudbranson and McFarland would be great for the Bruins. MacFarland was the #1 overall pick in his OHL draft year, and has the talent to be one of the top 5 best players from this draft if he puts it all together. Gudbranson is also a great young defenseman with a right shot, something that could hurt or help us depending on the makeup of our defense. While I think/hope it's possible we keep all of our 2nd rounders and trade up, I think there's a good chance we may trade one of them for a deadline deal.

I'd like to see us get 3 first rounders. I think if we could get either two of Kabanov, Skinner, MacFarland or Etem then I wouldn't mind getting Fowler. All 4 have big offensive (specifically scoring) potential, and except for Skinner all are wingers, something the Bruins lack in the prospect cupboard.

Let's hope we at least get players with big offensive potential, specifically goal scoring, we have enough playmakers for two teams, it's time for snipers now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Gudbranson and McFarland:
    In Response to Re: Gudbranson and McFarland : Having Toronto's 2nd is almost like having a late 1st.
    Posted by dustyisacat

Yes it is just like another first.It is a forgotten addition to the Kessel deal that may end up being the key to moving up with our own first. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

I think I'd rather use our own 2nd to help move up our 1st, but Toronto's second and Tampa's second helps move up back into the first round (late 10's, early 20's) as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Hutchinson doesn't have #1 goalie potential though. But I think if Campbell or Pickard is available with our second round pick I'd draft them. It's great having Rask, but in 4-6 years when either one would be expected to be ready Rask may want to walk or may be too expensive. If not, then it's always good to have a backup plan or an extra trade asset. With Campbell's play in the WJC I think he's worth taking a risk on.

Sections
Shortcuts