Guerin - Again?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Devanjan. Show Devanjan's posts

Guerin - Again?

Report out of St Louis.  The B's are talking to Guerin?

Comments?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Re: Guerin - Again?

Don't know, but I always loved Guerin. I though he was a great Bruin and I hated when he left. 

But we already have our old guy, i don't think we have room for one more.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I was at the game this year when he scored with 1 second on the clock against the Pens.  I was thinking we never should have let him go.  I'd like to see him and Recchi stick with the team somehow after retirement.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I'd take Guerin for both Ryder and Sturm, straight up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Could he be a Wheeler replacement if he is awarded to much money @ his arbitration, just a thought. I hope we can keep Wheeler though. to me Guerin is last resort. (similar to Satan) We have some hungry youth, use that instead. I read something along time ago about him leaving Boston on bad terms. I doubt he is a bruin ever again. We dont need him and have no space for him. good player just not for us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Devanjan. Show Devanjan's posts

Perhaps he is insurance against an unfavourable arbitration award to Wheeler?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

"B's talking to Guerin" = "B's politely returned his phone call."

They already have their designated Old Guy (tm) - pass.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

FROM NESN:The Bruins could be welcoming back a familiar face to the Hub as the team is speaking with Bill Guerin about a potential return to Boston, according to Radio host and St. Louis Blues writer Andy Strickland.

"The Bruins are talking to veteran Billy Guerin," Strickland Tweeted Tuesday. "They need to make a roster move before they can sign him. Pittsburgh remains interested also."

The 39-year old Guerin scored 129 points for the Bruins for two seasons from 2000-02, including a career-high 41 goals in the 2001-02 season. Last season in Pittsburgh, the Worcester, Mass., native scored 21 goals and assisted on 24 more in 78 games played

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Guerin - Again?:
    FROM NESN:The Bruins could be welcoming back a familiar face to the Hub as the team is speaking with Bill Guerin about a potential return to Boston , according to Radio host and St. Louis Blues writer Andy Strickland. " The Bruins are talking to veteran Billy Guerin," Strickland Tweeted Tuesday. "They need to make a roster move before they can sign him. Pittsburgh remains interested also." The 39-year old Guerin scored 129 points for the Bruins for two seasons from 2000-02, including a career-high 41 goals in the 2001-02 season. Last season in Pittsburgh, the Worcester, Mass., native scored 21 goals and assisted on 24 more in 78 games played
    Posted by bruinsfan084evr

Last I checked, Wilbraham was a fair distance from Worcester.

I cannot see the Bruins making a roster move to accomodate Bill Guerin, sorry. He's the kind of guy you might pick up at the trade deadline to fill a hole.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

I would welcome this move if they got him for a cap friendly#, he may want to be home closer to his family and he would be a big asset on the PP. But cant see them doing this unless they are planning on buying out or demoting ryder. But it all probably hinges on the Wheeler arbitration.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

If guerin does come back, its at the cost of someone, but the move makes sense in a lot of ways.
    1 it would be a cap friendly number (1.5 or less) 2 it replaces the production from satan different style of player, guerin fits more in the bruins mode and adds a threat to the powerplay unit as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I could see him playing off-wing with Krejci and Seguin.  Nice blend of youthful speed and veteran hockey sense and grit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blackmale. Show Blackmale's posts

I could see taking a chance here. He still scored 21 goals last year...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

The man can still play the game and would be a factor on the P.P.something this club needs.It comes down to the $'s.$1.5-1.75  and you've got to be tempted to bring him on board.If Wheeler gets more the $2.5 in arbitration he could be gone and not Wheeler perhaps Ryder or Savard(a move I personally would prefer not happen).Recchi and Guerin make a really solid pair of veterans on a team that has a legitimate shot to move a move during the playoffs.Plus,there would be need to rush the kids from Providence.No,not Seguin,he's on the big club for the start barring the absolute unforeseen,at least in my opinion.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What is the deal with people thinking Guerin is some sort of powerplay magician?  He spent 344 minutes on the PP last season, playing with guys like Crosby and Gonchar and he recorded 11 goals and 7 assists.

Compare that to Recchi.  Recchi spent 216 minutes on the powerplay and rang up eight goals and five assists.

120 extra minutes...TWO HOURS MORE...and he could only muster three more goals and two more assists.

I also want to make this clear:  Recchi's powerplay performance was terrible, so Guerin was even worse while playing with the best player on Earth and one of the top offensive defensemen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeantownBDH. Show BeantownBDH's posts

I'd take Guerin for both Ryder and Sturm, straight up.
    Posted by bim09

I was going to post about how I dislike Guerin till I read this post, and couldn't agree more. Although I don't really like him so much. This would still be a deffinate thumbs up trade IMO.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

First off NAS, where do you find all these PP numbers? Duinne, yup, Wilbraham, beat me to it.
    Posted by pbergeron37

nhl.com/stats

As for his hometown, they often list the birth city.  Kevin Stevens is always listed as Brockton, but he didn't grow up there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Last year when we were full of key injuries yes, now no, midseason we will see.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Guerin - Again? : nhl.com/stats As for his hometown, they often list the birth city.  Kevin Stevens is always listed as Brockton, but he didn't grow up there.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Wilbraham doesn't have any hospitals. He's not a "Worcester native," he just happened to be born there. This sort of thing just irritates me. It says "this reporter doesn't know the first thing about Bill Guerin, and looked up his numbers on Yahoo Sports." Someone who's writing for the New England Sports Network should know better.

It's like Max Sauve being labeled as a Frenchman. He was born there, because his father was playing hockey there at the time, but he's Canadian, not French. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

If Strickland's story has any legs it's based on one of two things: Chiarelli's still thinking about a bigger move than just dumping Ryder to Providence and he's covering his bases to make sure he has contingency plans to cover weaknesses that deal might create, or the conversation went "Bill we'd love for you to come to camp as a veteran invitee and see how it goes.  We might not be able to find a spot for you depending on how the roster shakes out, but you'd get a chance to show other teams you're still worth a contract, and we'd be happy if you gave Seguin and the other young guys some pointers."

What this is not is a move to acquire Bill Guerin in his own right.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Re: - Again?

Guerin ,Ya man  ended in 1st place mabe over all that year in the east  the last time he played here didn,t he play on the line with big jeo and sammy ,habs  upset us 1 vs 8 theodore stood on his head that playoff series  hmmmm yea thats it bummer

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

I'm all for it. This team needs another character guy. He would be a good influence on Seguin and Horton. Sign him to a 1 year, cap-friendly deal.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: - Again?

In Response to Re: - Again?:
    Guerin ,Ya man  ended in 1st place mabe over all that year in the east  the last time he played here didn,t he play on the line with big jeo and sammy ,habs  upset us 1 vs 8 theodore stood on his head that playoff series  hmmmm yea thats it bummer
    Posted by bruinsfan084evr

Your boycott of punctuation has rendered your thoughts incomprehensible.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

They already have an oldman.
    They also have a lot of young talent that needs to be given a chance. Plus the young talent is cheap. I say no, not because of anything against him, but it's time to let the team promote its' own.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

i say put Ryder on waivers i check teams rosters and (ana dal colo colu min buf nyi are teams short having natural RW's) if one of these teams pick him up. Guerin contract last season was 2 mill if we can sign him for 1.25 mill for a one year. The Bruins already have Rechhi but Guerin if we can get a bargain price I would say yes.
    I always like having a good vet line up with 2 young players.

If Wheels is signed then Wheels Krejci Guerin can be threatening line.
    When Sturm is healthy either as him if he wants a trade if Marco refuses then rebuild him on 4th line duty or if this Seguin kid is proving himself then i hate to say it trade Savard and have Sturm Seguin Rechhi third line and bump Bergy to 2nd and Krejci to 1st. The Bruins mngt. will not need to rush youth but develop the players in the minors.

Lucic Savard Horton
    Wheels Krejci Guerin
    Rechhi Bergeron Seguin
    Paille Campbell Thornton

Chara Hunwick(ten day trial period)
    Stuart Siedenberg
    Ference Boychuk
    McQuaid

Sections
Shortcuts