Guerin - Again?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

Re: Guerin - Again?

Only if Wheeler is awarded an insane contract and we have to pass would I pursue Guerin. Then only if it's 1 year and cap friendly, but He at least he's would a better fit than Satan was.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

Does anyone know what the the breakdown of Ryders deal if bought out would look like cap wise?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wilsondogg. Show wilsondogg's posts

I'm sure a lot of the interest in Guerin is predicated upon his being a veteran presence in a team which, within a few short years, is going to be comprised largely of kids under the age of 25.  Guys like Rechhi and Guerin, who 'do it right' game in and game out and would skate through a zamboni for their teammates, are exactly what these kids need in order to learn how to win.  So we get an aging Guerin who likely won't contribute more than about 12 minutes a game and will bang in only maybe 15 goals a year, but we also get his locker-room presence and his team-wide demand for accountability...plus we make sure he winds up his career here so we can seamlessly move him into a managemrnt position a'la Don Sweeney and Cam Neely.  I would jmump at the chance to get Guerin if we could do it for a cap hit of a millioon or less.  He's exactly what this team needs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Guerin is on my (long) list of Bruins the idiots in the front office let go for indefensible reasons, but bringing him back now they'd be getting a shadow of the player he once was....

in fact, it reminds me of the moron move that brought Paul Coffey to the Bruins about 4 years too late, and we remember how well that worked out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhsreddevil12. Show bhsreddevil12's posts

NAS- I would argue with your point about PP production between Recchi and Guerin.

Recchi has 1 pt for every 16.6 mins of PP time
    Guerin has 1 pt for every 19  mins of PP time

While Recchi has better production I don't agree that Guerin is "unproductive". Just because you don't show up on the scoresheet doesn't mean he isn't a key part of the PP unit.

I'd argue that Guerin would put up similar numbers on the B's PP unit because we score alot of goals in the "dirty" area in front of the net on tips/deflections which suits his play and I think PIT relies alot more on Crosby and Malkin.

I believe he would be a good addition to the team, especially if they choose to sign him in lieu of Wheeler at a lower cap hit, if they walk from the arbitor's decision.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Devanjan. Show Devanjan's posts

In Response to Re: Guerin - Again?:
    Does anyone know what the the breakdown of Ryders deal if bought out would look like cap wise?
    Posted by Davidorr

He would be paid 2/3 of $4 million spread over 2 years. In other words his cap hit for this year and next would be $1.333 million

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

CSNNE.com has learned from a source within Bruins organization that the team doesn't have any interest in UFA Bill Guerin. #NHL #Bruins

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThirdJersey. Show ThirdJersey's posts

Guerin is on my (long) list of Bruins the idiots in the front office let go for indefensible reasons, but bringing him back now they'd be getting a shadow of the player he once was.... in fact, it reminds me of the moron move that brought Paul Coffey to the Bruins about 4 years too late, and we remember how well that worked out.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

I would agree about letting him go. He was in his prime when the B's had him, and a great player. But I wouldn't say he's as bad as what Coffey was when they brought him back. Coffey was horrible.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: Guerin - Again? : I would agree about letting him go. He was in his prime when the B's had him, and a great player. But I wouldn't say he's as bad as what Coffey was when they brought him back. Coffey was horrible.
    Posted by ThirdJersey

An exaggeration on my part, I admit...but I think we agree on the overall point...Guerin now is not going to give them even half of what he could when they originally had him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Guerin, well, as a pick up for the playoffs, yes.  Otherwise play the youth.  The Bruins do need scoring but I am not convinced 40 year olds are the answer to the problem.  In the year ahead, Bs fans will find out if Chiarelli did draft well the past couple years. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Guerin - Again? : Wilbraham doesn't have any hospitals. He's not a "Worcester native," he just happened to be born there. This sort of thing just irritates me. It says "this reporter doesn't know the first thing about Bill Guerin, and looked up his numbers on Yahoo Sports." Someone who's writing for the New England Sports Network should know better. It's like Max Sauve being labeled as a Frenchman. He was born there, because his father was playing hockey there at the time, but he's Canadian, not French. 
    Posted by duinne

Much to do about nothing with that diatribe.