Guess I am a fan for life because after that last series nothing worse can happen

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Re: Guess I am a fan for life because after that last series nothing worse can happen

after that last series nothing worse can happen

Don't ever say that! 

The way that it all played out stings quite a bit, but something worse can always happen.  22 teams didn't make it to the second round.  The Leafs have missed the playoffs for five consecutive years.  The game and series loss feels like a punch to the gut, but I'll take a monumental second round flop that can be pinned on injuries to what the Maple Leafs fans have had to suffer through for the past few years.  That's just one example. 

Imagine how the fans of the Winnepeg Jets must feel.  Their team's owner runs the franchise into the ground, and sells it to a group that moves it away.  Then after watching the team struggle for years in it's new home in the desert, they are given false hope that their team might come home only to have them dashed. 

This playoff exit blows, but it isn't even the most heartbreaking thing to happen to a group of hockey fans this week.

3. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts