Habs acquire C Dominic Moore from Panthers for a 2nd pick in '11

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid. Show Chowdahkid's posts

Habs acquire C Dominic Moore from Panthers for a 2nd pick in '11

Gotta say it, good depth move for the Scabs

Someone wake Chiarelli up...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiaPuppet. Show ChiaPuppet's posts

Re: Habs acquire C Dominic Moore from Panthers for a 2nd pick in '11

Chia was actually on the radio today and he said he was still evaluating some potential deals

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

another undersized forward for the Scabs, but a smart utility guy.

with Callimari out they needed some help

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

I don't think it's a great move, but it's a replacement move. Montreal gets yet again another undersized forward. Moore is a decent player, not sure if he's worth a 2nd round pick. If anything this deal does is it may hurt other teams on the trade market. If Moore is worth a 2nd rounder, then a guy like Ray Whitney or Ponikarovsky may be seen as worthy of a 1st rounder now. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

conditional 2 rounder maybe

the details havent been released

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

why would the bruins need a player that has never scored more than 13 goals in a season?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

2nd rounder is a steep price to pay, this move is probably made to replace Metropolit, who is rumored on the way out according to hockeyleaks.com

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

He isn't worth a second rounder especially if this draft is as deep as mentioned

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

Sorry - didn't see it was a 2011 pick but I still thinks it's too much

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

In Response to Re: Habs acquire C Dominic Moore from Panthers for a 2nd pick in '11:
    2nd rounder is a steep price to pay, this move is probably made to replace Metropolit, who is rumored on the way out according to hockeyleaks.com
    Posted by ocram

Link?

According to Hockeybuzz.com's Eklund, Ray Whitney is about to be traded to a team in the Eastern Conference.  Hockeyleaks.com has previously mentioned that Boston and Buffalo had interest in the veteran winger.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

http://twitter.com/hockeyleaks

Hearing Glen Metropolits days in Mtl are numbered as well

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

As much as I hate the Habs -- I have to give them credit. The loss to the B's was sandwiched by wins over the Pens and Caps.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

In Response to Habs acquire C Dominic Moore from Panthers for a 2nd pick in '11:
    Gotta say it, good depth move for the Scabs Someone wake Chiarelli up...
    Posted by Chowdahkid

Good depth move ? Maybe. For a 2nd round pick ? Not so sure on that one. UFA at end of season . Pretty high price to pay for Dominic Moore.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

This isn't on TSN? Is it real?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=309829

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Who cares about Dominic Moore a third or 4th line player. I'm sure he will make all the difference in the world to the Habs. After this trade they are now a front runner to win the cup.

This is a trade not even worth mentioning.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bstn2k8. Show bstn2k8's posts

Looks like there's going to be a fire sale in FLA.  Would have been nice to see David Booth in the B's jersey since he's a Bruins killer but his six yr deal and recent concussion.. it will never happen. 

Hard to see the Bruins give Whitney an extension which seems to be looking for.  Plus would like to see them go younger instead of picking up a guy that is closer to Recchi's age.  PC has to add some depth for the run after the Olympics.  Loved that Patrick Sharp rumor that he was possibly on the block to get dealt from Chicago, would look great on the wing with Savard on the 1st line.  After last night's game, some defensive help is needed too. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid. Show Chowdahkid's posts

In Response to Re: Habs acquire C Dominic Moore from Panthers for a 2nd pick in '11:
    In Response to Habs acquire C Dominic Moore from Panthers for a 2nd pick in '11 :

Good depth move ? Maybe. For a 2nd round pick ? Not so sure on that one. UFA at end of season . Pretty high price to pay for Dominic Moore.

Posted by dustyisacat

dusty I know you're a homer who cant see straight but you do realize 2nd rounders hardly ever pan out right? Since the 2004 draft only 14 2nd rounders have been decent contributors at the NHL level. If you think giving up a 2nd rounder for a solid roster player is too much then you are losing your mind big guy. 14 out of 180 players in the last 6 years. I will take the roster play every day of the week!

Which makes it all the more frustrating that Chiarelli has 3 of these and he still won't get off his butt and help this team

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Too bad for Hab fans. I like what Merto brings and was upset the Habs had him.
    Anways, Moore is a pretty good replacement at the moment.
    and yes it's rumored the Habs are going after Frolov.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Can someone please tell me where it says conditional pick? All I've seen on TSN and ESPN is a flat out 2nd rounder. And we're Bruins fans genius, expect smack talk about the Canadiens. It's a good depth move, comes at a terrible price. The Habs need a big forward if they don't want to get pushed around. Talent only takes you so far when you're playing on a line of 5'7 - 5'10 guys.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

Ok chowda , great move by the habs . is that what you wanted me to say ? Just let me know what you think about upcoming trades and i'll agree with you. homer ? I'm a Bruins fan that's why i'm on this forum. what about you ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Bruins have a couple of 2nd rounders that have worked out ok. Theyre not useless Chowda.

Whitney is not worth a 1st.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MontrealBruin. Show MontrealBruin's posts

Moore for a 2nd round pick? Gainey must still be in charge...they paid too much.

Cullen just traded to Ottawa.

PC, are you still evaluating?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Chowda - Yeah but it is 14 (I actually found 17 but why argue) and counting.  You conveniently only went back to 2004.  The 2004 draftees are now only 24 and could still be question marks.  2nd rounders in 2009 are only 19, 2008 are 20 and so on.  The jury is still out on the last three drafts at least.  Some of these guys are still in college, junior and the minors. 

Go back further and see what you find.  The 2001 2nd round included: Cammalleri, Roy and Pomminville.  Bergeron, Lucic, Webber were 2nd rounders as well.  There seems to be at least 5 solid NHLers coming from the 2nd round each year.  Still a crap shoot but I would rather take my chances at getting one of these players before trading this opportunity on Dom Moore. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

honestly i think its a pretty even trade....always liked moore as a solid hockey player,fast,quick player with some O flare, just not much of a finisher....the habs need a stop gap while camilettei is out & gets that in moore.....then when he returns moore drops back as a solid 3rd line veteran player for a pick in the 2011 draft....seems pretty even up to me

Sections
Shortcuts