Hall vs Seguin, Oh no!, already!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

Re: Hall vs Seguin, Oh no!, already!!!

In Response to Re: Hall vs Seguin, Oh no!, already!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hall vs Seguin, Oh no!, already!!! : Any chance you'll develope a brain? It's very unfortunate for you that there is no vaccine against stupidity
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Well if it is not the king of the obnoxious childish one liners. Where do u get these hanging around bullies on pre-elementary  a school courtyard.

listen Freddy, let's put this aside for a sec. i do rememeber u  being an obsessed thomas fan, so lets put our $ where are mouths are. let's come up with a bet
    i would say friendly bet but that would be impossible.
    come on i come up with something and u do too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hall vs Seguin, Oh no!, already!!! : thx , never thought of myself as a scout but i am sure i and some other knowledgeable fans could do better then some garbage scouts we've had . Negative, well more like realistic, not blindsighted, a memory for the past. defitely not a cheerleader. i do like horton trade, i don't kno how puppet chiarelli pulled that one off. Listen some of u act as if we have had reason to be positive, have u forgotten last year's playoff laughable humiliating debacle in the playoffs and still big puppy face  Dumbo is ther. here is some positive once again Rask is an awesome talent, he does have some corrections to make and if he does , this kid will win us a cup.  here is another posistive thank you gorton u did well as an interim gm . Chia u have made many mistakes but some overforgiven fans who find solace in you, chia being better then some of the crap gms we had in the past. Only toronto has gone longer then the bruins without winning a cup , try hard ny friend in finding a postive in that.
    Posted by marco1001[/QUOTE]

You seem to have your timeline confused. Chiarelli was hired in May 2006. The Bruins traded for Rask in June 2006.

You might not understand the concept of a prospective GM working behind the scenes before being officially hired by a sports team, but I can tell you it's common.

This team is largely Chiarelli's, not just because of the draft and free agency but also because he's decided over the past 4+ years who to trade and who to retain.

Do you expect a GM to wave a magic wand and have instant success? It takes a while to construct a team; if you want to build a Cup contender, a la a Detroit, Pittsburgh or Chicago, your best approach is to sign a few good FAs but mostly concentrate on the draft, and take your lumps in the playoffs for a while as the kids learn and gain experience.

And as for Hall vs. Seguin, I wish Hall all the best, but he's playing for Edmonton, and I really don't give a hoot how well/badly he does in relation to Seguin. I'd rather just concentrate on our own team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hall vs Seguin, Oh no!, already!!! : You seem to have your timeline confused. Chiarelli was hired in May 2006. The Bruins traded for Rask in June 2006. You might not understand the concept of a prospective GM working behind the scenes before being officially hired by a sports team, but I can tell you it's common. This team is largely Chiarelli's, not just because of the draft and free agency but also because he's decided over the past 4+ years who to trade and who to retain. Do you expect a GM to wave a magic wand and have instant success? It takes a while to construct a team; if you want to build a Cup contender, a la a Detroit, Pittsburgh or Chicago, your best approach is to sign a few good FAs but mostly concentrate on the draft, and take your lumps in the playoffs for a while as the kids learn and gain experience. And as for Hall vs. Seguin, I wish Hall all the best, but he's playing for Edmonton, and I really don't give a hoot how well/badly he does in relation to Seguin. I'd rather just concentrate on our own team.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Duinne, i am not confused , it was Gorton who traded for Rask for raycroft , not chiarell.
    even the tsn anaylsts know that . I do agree it's becoming more of chia team. I fully realize there's no quick fix but we are not an axpansion team, we cannot keep making excuses. the time has come for the bruins.
    of course i am a bruin fan thereby i focus on them but o am also an nhl fan.
    As far as bldg a team no one has done it better recently then detroit but they are also the best team of the past decade and watch them again they will be bettter then next yr.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

ok all i can say to those that it is too early to tell watch hall and watch seguin,
    hall loooks like a natural seguin does not. if he is sent down to juniors this year that certainly will not be a good sign . He's already proven he shines in the juniors and has nothing to learn there anymore.

all right we wait and see, but i saw him little in the juniors and now at nhl level
    and he didnt grasp much attention /> he's fast but needs development. I don't see him as a natural, that's not to say he will never develop but that can take yrs and we have waited long enough. i also believe that according to the bruins , the ticket sales have been very good.  lot of that must be because of seguin and there are thousands of fans who never post here and they are expecting big things from him certainly not a complementary with an e player.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Marco
    Did you see tonight's game?  Seguin scored a really nice goal and had an assist last night.
    I know Hall has scored 1 in preseason - an empty netter.
    So if you want to go on their NHL games thus far, I *think* Tyler is ahead, I don't know if Hall got any other points.

Natural talent?  Seguin has one of the quickest sticks I've ever seen, as far as knocking down pucks and getting a stick on pucks near him, he is already elite  NHL level at that.  His stick skills are extraordinary, in the rookie game I saw him fish a puck out of a guy's skates who had it pinned against the boards.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

WWOWOOWO

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyV219. Show JohnnyV219's posts

The kid looks good to me...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

That play exemplifies everything Seguin is as a hockey player - IQ, speed to the net, soft hands and scoring touch.  I'll take 2!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

Seguin looked good last night. He scored a beautiful goal and made some nice plays.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]Hilarious Seg a center is going to start a wing and Hall a wing is going to start a center.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen much of Hall but in the period of the game I watched the other night - Edmonton against Tampa he did not look good at all.  He was knocked down the only time he was near the puck and seemed to be out of sync with the play.  I guess he did score in the 3rd period of that game on the power play but he was definitely overshadowed by Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson.  I am not saying either of them will be in the league of these guys but to me it will be an Ovechkin-Crosby thing.  Seguin will be the better alll round player like Crosby where as Hall will be a flashier player like Ovechkin.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Considering that the Bruins couldn't have picked Hall (Edmonton had already selected him), who cares? All that should concern B's fans is how Seguin does in his DEVELOPMENT (read: people expecting him to excel at the NHL level right now are setting the bar too high).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hall vs Seguin, Oh no!, already!!! :   I haven't seen much of Hall but in the period of the game I watched the other night - Edmonton against Tampa he did not look good at all.  He was knocked down the only time he was near the puck and seemed to be out of sync with the play.  I guess he did score in the 3rd period of that game on the power play but he was definitely overshadowed by Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson.  I am not saying either of them will be in the league of these guys but to me it will be an Ovechkin-Crosby thing.  Seguin will be the better alll round player like Crosby where as Hall will be a flashier player like Ovechkin.
    Posted by huntbri[/QUOTE]

I think your correct,but these kids are no Evy and Crosby at this age.Putting Seguin on powerplay for Bruins should keep fans at bay and keep Seguins confidence up.But his 5-5 will take awhile.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I was very imnpressed with that goal from Seguin last night. He is going to be one of the best in the league.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blackmale. Show Blackmale's posts

I agree with many of the rational posters here. Who cares how Hall looks? It has less than no relevance to us. We had ZERO shot at getting him. Marco1001 and Rmiller87, if you guys want to blind yourselves to the amazing talent the B's acquired, fine. Is Hall a bit more NHL ready? Yes. He plays for Edmonton.
    From what I have seen of Seguin, he looks pretty sharp. there is no chance that he goes back to juniors whatsoever. Again, if you guys want to refuse to appreciate Seguin's talent, fine. There is a reason Central Scouting ranked him over Hall. There is a reason why so many GM's wanted desperately to acquire him. It isn't rocket science.
    Rmiller- you have been waging your Seguin to juniors/Seguin has no future argument for months. Give it up. He will be on the team, and he will be awesome. Nothing you can say will change that.
    Marco1001- No, I have not read anything dumber than your posts, and I read these posts frequently. Forming snap judgements of a player after 3 insignificant games (now four) is ridiculous. If you were GM, this team would be run into the ground.
    Hall could score 0 goals or 1000. I couldn't care less. We had no shot at getting him. Seguin is our guy, and I therefore support him. No sense in even mentioning him on a B's board.
    Pathetic that so called "fans" like Rmiller and Marco have to invent reasons to dislike players. Honestly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

Blackmate, first off it;s not about where seguin plays or where hall plays. u just said it hall is more nhl ready , The point is that the debate over seguin hall in my view was farfetched and hal was always number 1 and if the bruins had the first pic they would have taken Hall. It was never as close as some pretended it to be. As far as seguin going back to the juniors , u cannot say no chance albeit with sav out his chances are better to stick. It also depends what most expect from Seguin, I am expecting a superstar with dynamic play and great goal scoring none of this 20-25 goals over the span of his career. First yr fine but after he has to score big ,
    Not sure if u have seen Seguin or hall but some have and the remarks on him were that he seemed unsure or lost. i am in no way saying he will be a bust but he needs much development.
    As far as bruins not having a chance at him, it's called trade and if seguin had excited the oilers nealry as much as hall there would have been a better chance of a trade.

Now concerning ur gm remark, umm i would run this team into the ground as opposed to what? did u watch the playoffs last yr.let me remind u , Worst choke in the history of the nhl,
    But of coutse Blackmate, hy should we complain only the leafs have gone longer then us without winning a cup, i stand correct it , ur right we should all be consoled by the terrific track record of these past bruin gms.
    I am a diehard bruin fan but i'll be damned if i bottle up my dissatisfaction , that's just plain hypocrisy
    btw. never said i disllike seguin, but hall being number 1 was never as close as some said. I told u if hall was part of the 2009 draft he would have gone number 1 not tavares.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Blackmate, first off it;s not about where seguin plays or where hall plays. u just said it hall is more nhl ready , The point is that the debate over seguin hall in my view was farfetched and hal was always number 1 and if the bruins had the first pic they would have taken Hall. It was never as close as some pretended it to be. As far as seguin going back to the juniors , u cannot say no chance albeit with sav out his chances are better to stick. It also depends what most expect from Seguin, I am expecting a superstar with dynamic play and great goal scoring none of this 20-25 goals over the span of his career. First yr fine but after he has to score big , Not sure if u have seen Seguin or hall but some have and the remarks on him were that he seemed unsure or lost. i am in no way saying he will be a bust but he needs much development. As far as bruins not having a chance at him, it's called trade and if seguin had excited the oilers nealry as much as hall there would have been a better chance of a trade. Now concerning ur gm remark, umm i would run this team into the ground as opposed to what? did u watch the playoffs last yr.let me remind u , Worst choke in the history of the nhl, But of coutse Blackmate, hy should we complain only the leafs have gone longer then us without winning a cup, i stand correct it , ur right we should all be consoled by the terrific track record of these past bruin gms. I am a diehard bruin fan but i'll be damned if i bottle up my dissatisfaction , that's just plain hypocrisy btw. never said i disllike seguin, but hall being number 1 was never as close as some said. I told u if hall was part of the 2009 draft he would have gone number 1 not tavares.
    Posted by marco1001[/QUOTE]

Marco - u r still in love with Kessel and you want to down play Seguin.  I am watching Hall this very second on NHL network and  based on the 4 shifts I saw him play, I will say he looks better than Seguin, but not by much.  I could argue that Seguin looks better because Hall just put one into his own net a minute ago, being smarter helps in the NHL.

I'll have a better opinion after I get done watching this game.  I'll have a much better opinion by mid season.  I'll have my best opinion in June 2011.

Sections
Shortcuts