hamil has outplayed seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

hamil has outplayed seguin

so far in camp hamil has outplayed seguin...no knock on tyler but if we are to put the best team on the ice hamil has to be chosen over seguin..although it wont happen because it would be a public relations nightmare...seguin looked lost out there last night..meanwhile kessel was flying around scoring a goal in last nights game vs ott....i know its 1 game but with the expectations that tyler had he is under  the radar...i personally think he will be a very good player in years to come but today hamil makes the bruins a better team..watch at 7pm tonight atdhe.net  bruins-panthers game hamil flat out can play...and i thought he was a bust his 1st 2 years in providence...but after watching camp hes ahead of every rookie...caron 2nd also

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: hamil has outplayed seguin

In Response to hamil has outplayed seguin:
    so far in camp hamil has outplayed seguin...no knock on tyler but if we are to put the best team on the ice hamil has to be chosen over seguin..although it wont happen because it would be a public relations nightmare...seguin looked lost out there last night..meanwhile kessel was flying around scoring a goal in last nights game vs ott....i know its 1 game but with the expectations that tyler had he is under  the radar...i personally think he will be a very good player in years to come but today hamil makes the bruins a better team..watch at 7pm tonight atdhe.net  bruins-panthers game hamil flat out can play...and i thought he was a bust his 1st 2 years in providence...but after watching camp hes ahead of every rookie...caron 2nd also
    Posted by bruins8

Wow, incredible statement, based on??  I mean hamill hasn't played in a game yet..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

based soley on watching camp sessions you can just tell when you see a player ready and hamill and i wasnt a fan of his game until now...he just is nhl ready...with savy injury we could see both seguin and hamil in there anyway..im just saying everyone is so caught up in this seguin kid...but zach looks like hes gonna help us which every bs fan should be happy about particually with 91 not around for the time being

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins09. Show bruins09's posts

Yea, disagree with this post.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

your kidding right?  hamill is lucky he's under contract, because if he wasn't he  wouldn't have a job.  he'd be going to europe to play.  if he doesn't make any progress don't be surprised to see the bruins put him in finland.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: hamil has outplayed seguin:
    based soley on watching camp sessions you can just tell when you see a player ready and hamill and i wasnt a fan of his game until now...he just is nhl ready...with savy injury we could see both seguin and hamil in there anyway..im just saying everyone is so caught up in this seguin kid...but zach looks like hes gonna help us which every bs fan should be happy about particually with 91 not around for the time being
    Posted by bruins8

And how many training camp sessions have you been too?? You do realize hamill looks better then Seguin because this is his 4th time through training camp right??  You really want to put much into that.. He knows he has to impress to even have a shot, I would expect him to give everything in camp, where most of your veterans are going to use camp as a time to get sharp, and most of your rookies are just learning their way..

Your making way to much out of what I am going to guess was watching one training camp session, and the game last night..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

im kidding?  no im not have you been to 1 practice ive been to everyone even a few before offical start..you like so many others are just assuming seguin is nhl ready from his resume...big mistake...hamill i seen the 1st 2 years and he look like he would never become a nhl player...this season he is a different player watch the game online tonight hes ready...................and to make it clear seguin is going to be a good player in time in my opinion just not now which is fine considering he has no nhl experience....hamill has had 2 years of prof service and apparently helped him sort of like krejci took awhile now look at him

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Seguin will have to look bad in order for a Hamil to get his shot.

PC and the brass have alot riding on this kid.If Kessel nets 40 this year,the stakes get even higher.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

im kidding?  no im not have you been to 1 practice ive been to everyone even a few before offical start..you like so many others are just assuming seguin is nhl ready from his resume...big mistake...hamill i seen the 1st 2 years and he look like he would never become a nhl player...this season he is a different player watch the game online tonight hes ready...................and to make it clear seguin is going to be a good player in time in my opinion just not now which is fine considering he has no nhl experience....hamill has had 2 years of prof service and apparently helped him sort of like krejci took awhile now look at him
    Posted by bruins8

I hope your right, but the krejci comparison is way off, he was a point per game player in the ahl as a rookie, and then went pro midway ish, the following season, not really the same as hamill who was also a "pedigree" draft pick, went back to juniors and has put up 2 lack luster seasons in the AHL.. If he is playing better I doubt its got anything to do with the AHL and more to do with this being the last year of his deal, and really working hard to prove he can play..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

no hes not krejci dont misunderstand me...not yet...may not ever be...just saying look back a few years we never wouldve thought krejci would be a difference maker in boston...took him time just like hamill...  just saying we have been patient with hamil and it appears its paid off we will see how he does vs nhl caliber players the next few games but i think hes gonna help us....same with tyler give him time..maybe his development will be quicker than krejci or hamil...just right now hamill is ahead of him as well he should be with his experience 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Bs8..

I am saying I disagree with you to some extent on Krejci though, he was a 3rd rounder so the expectations are less but he has always been a productive offensive player, not the same can be said of hamill.  Coaching still sounds high on him based on some of the comment julien made, but at some point hes got to show it, maybe this is the year.. but he's less of a prospect now, than other prospects who have seemingly shown more in less time..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to hamil has outplayed seguin:

With Seguin....pure talent : game after game you will see improvement ...Tyler should get around 50 points ...not bad for a 1st NHL season and way over Joe Thornton who played 55 games in his 1st season for total of 7 points and 41 points in his 2nd season ....in one season alone Seguin will get more points than Thornton in his first 2 NHL seasons ....how about that ???

Stanle cup to the Bruins in 2011-2012-2013

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

50 points?  cmon 25 tops

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Stanley, thornton was in a much different situation, not nearly the same, unfair to compare, also a much bigger body, takes those guys longer to develop..  You should be aware of that as the guy who champions wheeler's "skills" constantly, 25-26 (a season and a half away for wheeler) thornton was in the middle of his MVP...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Hey Bruins8,

Thanks for the tip and the insight -- seriously.  I watched Hamill in Providence a bit and also thought he didn't have much impact.  But I don't like pigeon-holing a young player based on a few years' performance -- some people take longer to develop than others.

i'll watch him tonight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rockett7. Show rockett7's posts

Hammil $uck$

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Would rather slide Wheeler to center and put Caron on his wing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Well, seeing as we're projecting this all based on practices and 1 NHL pre-season game, we can project Tyler to be an assist/game player!  That's 82 points, baby!  Now, if he could just get his shots on net....

roler - two points: Krejci was a second rounder, not third, and it's still important to consider physical maturity as a reason why Hamill would look like  a player this year as opposed to years past.  I haven't been at practices, so I'm not endorsing bruins8's evaluation, but Hamill has always been...under-developed, boyish.  He'll never be a monster, but physically he's been over-matched.  It's not even a question of the weight-room or commitment (though I do believe those were issues for Zach in the past), just genetics etc.  If he's getting that adult muscle density and strength, and he's ramped up his preparations, he's got the brain to be a player.  And I've always said that, as a junior, he had that crazy slipperiness to move through traffic in control and untouched.

bruins8 - I really doubt there will be much pressure coming down on Seguin from management just because Kessel scores a few goals.  Kessel's goal total and the best way to develop Seguin into a player who will end the Kessel conversation are completely divorced.  As in not related, but connected still in an acrimonious, occasionally costly way.

Seguin doesn't have to be better than Caron or Hamill today.  He doesn't have to be better by Prague.  He doesn't have to be better 9 games into the season.  But he does have to show a comfort level and rate of improvement that make the coaching staff confident he'll be better than either of those players would be by the beginning of the playoffs.  He has to convince them that the fastest track to unleashing all that talent on the NHL is to play in the NHL.  If he does that, they'll either stash Caron and Hamill back in Providence or, if they play well enough to make that look stupid, find other ways to get them on the roster.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Hamil has been with the Bruins for what now 2 or 3 years and still hasn't made the big club. Seguin was drafted this year. Hold your horses. The game is much faster. Once Seguin gets to speed with the NHL game he will put Hamill right back where he belongs in Providence.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

HE IS 18 YEARS OLD!!!! Seriously, get a grip.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I don't see why people can't agree with what Bruins8 is saying about Hamill (that he is legitimately NHL ready this season) -- and be happy about it -- without having to say that Seguin is a bust. Fact is, Hamill was a very high draft pick 3 years ago, so he should be NHL ready. If he is, and if he's ready to play his game, then the Bruins are in excellent shape, especially with what we're seeing from Caron and the potential Seguin has.

People always say "be patient with prospects, they take time to develop," yet so many on this board are ready to call this kid a bust by the time his entry-level deal is done? Hamill was physically small and slow when drafted. So not only did he have to gain weight, more so than what the typical prospect must do in order to make the NHL, but he also had to get much quicker since he only possessed average speed in junior. He's had two years to work on those things, so he should be able to show his real game now.

I expect a big game from Hamill tonight. I'll also predict that he will be on the team and I expect that he will be re-signed at the end of the season. I also believe that his popularity amongst B's fans will grow substantially this season (he has none now, so thats not saying much).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Two observations from the thread readings:

1.  BB:  Agreed, Hamill is slow developing.  He has a one year window left to improve either his skating and/or physical side.  Although not a great comparison, Savard was not the most intimidating of centers when he arrived in the NHL. He did have excellent numbers in his third year as a pro nonetheless.  

2.  Bruins8: This thread is an attempt to pull NAS out of hibernation!  jk.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Devanjan. Show Devanjan's posts

Hey, all favouritism aside. It would not be end of the world if Tyler Seguin went back to Junior - just unexpected considering the hype that Chia Pet and all the Bruin bloggers have heaped on this kid.  In a way it's not fair to him. He's only 18 and not even allowed a legal beer in Ontario or Michigan. From a development point of view he might benefit by just being a kid and allowed to mature naturally and not be the target for every cheap shot elbow slinger hunting him down. There will still be several positions available for him next year - assuming that Sturm and Ryder are not re-signed. 

I have to admit that I did not think that Hamill's progression to the NHL would be so slow but injuries will do that. In the meantime, Zach Hamill has done as the B's asked - "bulked up" albeit a miniscule 7 lbs but reportedly, it's muscle, and he is responsible defensively, plus he did impress in only NHL start. Caron is blowing the B's management away with sound positional play and hitting, Sauve is skating like the wind and has a sniper's history and Colborne is the BIG centre that every team dreams about. If any of these older guys outplay Tyler at this juncture, the team owes it to the fans to play them. Remember how long we had to wait for Bobby Orr. Remember our expectations being dashed by rushing Joe Thornton's development. Samsonov outplayed Big Joe in their rookie years largely because Sergei had a year of playing against men in the IHL. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Samsonov outplayed Big Joe in their rookie years largely because Sergei had a year of playing against men in the IHL. 
    Posted by Devanjan

I think the Samsonov-Thornton comparison is an excellent one. In fact, it's spot on. It should not be a terrible surprise if Seguin is outplayed by other prospects, as Thornton was when he was a rookie pro. 

The idea of prospects is that they are prospective, so only once these guys have established themselves can we compare with the draft rankings. In the end, Thornton and most other top picks, at various speeds, showed that they truly were the best players available in those draft years.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Hamil is one of those Cerebral/skill kids.The difference in NHL muscle/speed to what it is like in juniors is huge in these types of kids.As much as Hamils body is better,his mind adapting to the speed is as important with these types.Seguin will take some time also.What I dont get is the impossibility of Seguin  spending time with the baby Bs.Can only go back to juniors STUPIDITY AND POLITICS at its finest.

Sections
Shortcuts