hamil has outplayed seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Re: hamil has outplayed seguin

Plus here is what Haggs wrote:

It wasn't a monument to hockey for the Black and Gold, but Jeff LoVecchio managed both scores for Boston while Zach Hamill and Brad Marchand played strong games in their exhibition audition for the Big B's lineup.

http://www.csnne.com/09/23/10/Bruins-fall-to-Panthers-in-exhibition-3-/v1_landing_bruins.html?blockID=317209&feedID=3352

That 2 votes to one that Hamill played well.  What really counts and what I am waiting to hear is what PC and CJ thought.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: hamil has outplayed seguin:
    [QUOTE]Plus here is what Haggs wrote: It wasn't a monument to hockey for the Black and Gold, but Jeff LoVecchio managed both scores for Boston while Zach Hamill and Brad Marchand played strong games in their exhibition audition for the Big B's lineup. http://www.csnne.com/09/23/10/Bruins-fall-to-Panthers-in-exhibition-3-/v1_landing_bruins.html?blockID=317209&feedID=3352 That 2 votes to one that Hamill played well.  What really counts and what I am waiting to hear is what PC and CJ thought.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

You know they tow the line,

It will be something like

"well Zach has put on some size in the off season, and is still learning to play with it, but you can see he is an intelligent player out there, now we just need him to put it together" or some other generic line that can be applied..I think in part that he was such a high pick, they want to keep pushing the "intelligent player" part, since that is the only way to make up for obvious short comings in other areas...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: hamil has outplayed seguin : You know they tow the line, It will be something like "well Zach has put on some size in the off season, and is still learning to play with it, but you can see he is an intelligent player out there, now we just need him to put it together" or some other generic line that can be applied..I think in part that he was such a high pick, they want to keep pushing the "intelligent player" part, since that is the only way to make up for obvious short comings in other areas...
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Yes I see can see the ambiguity of the following statement: He no longer looks like a boy playing with men, but a centerman who can play at the NHL level.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: hamil has outplayed seguin : You know they tow the line, It will be something like "well Zach has put on some size in the off season, and is still learning to play with it, but you can see he is an intelligent player out there, now we just need him to put it together" or some other generic line that can be applied..I think in part that he was such a high pick, they want to keep pushing the "intelligent player" part, since that is the only way to make up for obvious short comings in other areas...
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

I think you mean "toe" the line.

Anyway, I am not in the least a Haggerty fan, but one thing I do know is that he won't let the Bruins' outlook color his perception of how the players are performing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from knewjax hockey. Show knewjax hockey's posts

Hamill's a little b!tch!  Well not really but he's weak on the puck and I think just weak overall for body strength.  It seems like he may need to hit the gym harder and start eating more calories.

He has not been better than Seguin from what I've read.  Seguin will come around, give him time.

But Caron has been impressive it seems, so much that it's almost impossible to not have him make the team.  I wonder who will go down to make room.  Should be interesting.  Everybody's compete level is pumping!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Hamill's a little b!tch!  Well not really but he's weak on the puck and I think just weak overall for body strength.  It seems like he may need to hit the gym harder and start eating more calories. He has not been better than Seguin from what I've read.  Seguin will come around, give him time. But Caron has been impressive it seems, so much that it's almost impossible to not have him make the team.  I wonder who will go down to make room.  Should be interesting.  Everybody's compete level is pumping!
    Posted by BostonSanDieganHockeyGuy[/QUOTE]

Do you seriously think Zach Hamill hasn't been trying to get his weight and strength up for the past few years? Seriously? 

It's not as simple as eating a few extra cheeseburgers and hitting the gym more. Everybody is built differently, and some people struggle to add weight.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Seguin has played ONE preseason game. He admitted to being nervous & why wouldn't he be? It was his 1st professional game. He will settle down and be fine. He is still adjusting to the pro level. He will have some growing pains, but he will be a star.

As for Hamill, well I've been underwhelmed. I've seen him play a few times for Providence. The one thing that I noticed about him in the games I've seen is he is soft. He gets hit hard once and he disappears for the rest of the game.

If it came down to Hamill & Seguin, I'd take Seguin. More offensive ability & more upside.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]Seguin has played ONE preseason game. He admitted to being nervous & why wouldn't he be? It was his 1st professional game. He will settle down and be fine. He is still adjusting to the pro level. He will have some growing pains, but he will be a star. As for Hamill, well I've been underwhelmed. I've seen him play a few times for Providence. The one thing that I noticed about him in the games I've seen is he is soft. He gets hit hard once and he disappears for the rest of the game. If it came down to Hamill & Seguin, I'd take Seguin. More offensive ability & more upside.
    Posted by lordy4[/QUOTE]

2 young kids dont label them yet,please!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: hamil has outplayed seguin : Do you seriously think Zach Hamill hasn't been trying to get his weight and strength up for the past few years? Seriously?  It's not as simple as eating a few extra cheeseburgers and hitting the gym more. Everybody is built differently, and some people struggle to add weight.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Oh I wish I had that problem !
    I got on this discussion on the blog this morning and think that's exactly it with Hamill. It's two years the coaching staff have said he must bulk up and get stronger and I'm sure he's worked hard to do so, he's really  wants to play in the NHL. Last season he was very disappointed not making the cut.
    Unfortunately doesn't seem he'll make the cut again with all the competition out there and next season will not get easier either .
    Someone on the blog brought up a good point, maybe he should try Yoga, it's a trend in the NHL and players strengthening without putting on weight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

hamill today better than seguin end of story...thats the whole point of this post....seguin for sure will be the better player in time...my whole point is if the bruins were to ice the best team possible starting today hamill should be in there instead of seguin...dont worry it wont happen just like joe t even know he truly wasnt ready it would be a public relations nightmare to send tyler back to juniors same as joe t...so in short tyler will be here and become the better player but today zach is better than tyler

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]Hamill's a little b!tch!  Well not really but he's weak on the puck and I think just weak overall for body strength.  It seems like he may need to hit the gym harder and start eating more calories. He has not been better than Seguin from what I've read.  Seguin will come around, give him time. But Caron has been impressive it seems, so much that it's almost impossible to not have him make the team.  I wonder who will go down to make room.  Should be interesting.  Everybody's compete level is pumping!
    Posted by BostonSanDieganHockeyGuy[/QUOTE]

This offseason, Hamill said he added six needed pounds of muscle to his slender 5-foot-11 frame (he’s now up to 180 pounds).

“I was just working very hard at training and I was eating right and skating every day, working on little things,” said Hamill, who turns 22 Thursday. “I was just trying to make sure I was going to come here in great shape and stronger this year. During the summer, I was strict with myself and pretty disciplined. Coming here, I’m just hoping to maintain that.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/hockey/bruins/view.bg?articleid=1283037

Sounds like a player who knows he needed to be stronger.

Sections
Shortcuts