hamil has outplayed seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: hamil has outplayed seguin

In Response to Re: hamil has outplayed seguin:
    [QUOTE]                Hamil is one of those Cerebral/skill kids.The difference in NHL muscle/speed to what it is like in juniors is huge in these types of kids.As much as Hamils body is better,his mind adapting to the speed is as important with these types.Seguin will take some time also.What I dont get is the impossibility of Seguin  spending time with the baby Bs.Can only go back to juniors STUPIDITY AND POLITICS at its finest.
    Posted by hockey-101[/QUOTE]

Its not stupidty, nor is it really "politics" its an agreement and it makes sense to have such an agreement in place.. Why not send him back to juniors if he is not ready, and not have it count as a year of professional service...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: hamil has outplayed seguin : Its not stupidty, nor is it really "politics" its an agreement and it makes sense to have such an agreement in place.. Why not send him back to juniors if he is not ready, and not have it count as a year of professional service...
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

AHL will better prepare him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: hamil has outplayed seguin :                    AHL will better prepare him.

Seguin can't play in the AHL, he's too young. It's either the NHL or Junior. You really don't know much about hockey, do you?

As for Hamill, he hasn't even played an exhbition game yet. Let's get through training camp before making pronoucements about who's ready and who's not.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I don't see how Hamill could have changed all that much since last year.  I didn't see much if any development for him in the AHL.  So no history of growth.  Nothing that indicates to me that he could have changed all that much over the summer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Umm Hamill's first game is tonight centering Knight and Thornton (head scratcher) lets review after actually seeing Zack in a few games first. If Hamill miraculously turns a 180 and performs really well enough to land a spot more power to him but I just have to see it against NHL (or AHL ready for that matter) ready players.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

In Response to hamil has outplayed seguin:
    [QUOTE]so far in camp hamil has outplayed seguin...no knock on tyler but if we are to put the best team on the ice hamil has to be chosen over seguin..although it wont happen because it would be a public relations nightmare...seguin looked lost out there last night..meanwhile kessel was flying around scoring a goal in last nights game vs ott....i know its 1 game but with the expectations that tyler had he is under  the radar...i personally think he will be a very good player in years to come but today hamil makes the bruins a better team..watch at 7pm tonight atdhe.net  bruins-panthers game hamil flat out can play...and i thought he was a bust his 1st 2 years in providence...but after watching camp hes ahead of every rookie...caron 2nd also
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

I know a former teammate taht was so good in practice he would have been drafted if anyone came to watch practice, but he wasn't great in games, should he be on the team too? Hamill has played 0 games so far, Seguin has played ONE game against professionals if you don't count the rookie games. Good god, relax, this is an aweful thread. Oh, and thanks for the Kessel news, yes, i know he scored a soft goal on a 5 on 3 on five hole elliot

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Had to wait for Bobby??? Oh yeah he wasn't allowed in the NHL when he was 14 we had to wait another 4 years.

Sams was a year older which was spent in IHL, diff was Sams got 17-18 mins a game and Joe got 5-6 under that useless Burns. Still do not understand why people here like the piece of shiite, his coaching was so bad we had to trade Bourque, the separtist bassstarrd.

Kudos to Hamill if he is playing well but he is not going to surplant Seguin.  Seg is being watched every time his # comes on the ice, he has a period of adjustment and that is what the preseason is for, they haven't even set the lines in stone yet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: hamil has outplayed seguin : Seguin can't play in the AHL, he's too young. It's either the NHL or Junior. You really don't know much about hockey, do you? As for Hamill, he hasn't even played an exhbition game yet. Let's get through training camp before making pronoucements about who's ready and who's not.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Duinne, its been proven often hockey 101 is an introductory class at best, but i think he was saying its stupid that seguin is not elidgible to play in the AHL cause it would better prepare him, my opinion would be if the kid can develop, and were not losing a year (or years) on his EL great.. H101 failed to address that I guess he'd prefer we only get 2 years of seguin if he is not ready for the bruins this fall...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: hamil has outplayed seguin:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: hamil has outplayed seguin : Seguin can't play in the AHL, he's too young. It's either the NHL or Junior. You really don't know much about hockey, do you? As for Hamill, he hasn't even played an exhbition game yet. Let's get through training camp before making pronoucements about who's ready and who's not. Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

101 should be changed to elementary or pre-school. I mean How many times have you posted this fact ? good grief says Charlie Brown!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Sounds like you folks have all your hopes pinned on Seguin.

By the time this kid is ready it will be time for another contract anyway.

Sorry for the bad news

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

This is based on what?

[QUOTE]                      Sounds like you folks have all your hopes pinned on Seguin.           By the time this kid is ready it will be time for another contract anyway.                                                               Sorry for the bad news                                    

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]                      Sounds like you folks have all your hopes pinned on Seguin.           By the time this kid is ready it will be time for another contract anyway.                                                               Sorry for the bad news                                    

And again, the proof of how little you get, seguin can play in juniors with out affecting his contract...

so if he doesnt play in the NHL this season, we dont lose a year of his entry level, thus we have him for an extra season..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: hamil has outplayed seguin : And again, the proof of how little you get, seguin can play in juniors with out affecting his contract... so if he doesnt play in the NHL this season, we dont lose a year of his entry level, thus we have him for an extra season..

Hey rolerhoky,  juniors will not help him anymore.He has proved beyond any reasonable doubt he is beyond that league.Next step for alot of kids AHL.I know its hard to hear but sometimes its for the best.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: hamil has outplayed seguin :              Hey rolerhoky,  juniors will not help him anymore.He has proved beyond any reasonable doubt he is beyond that league.Next step for alot of kids AHL.I know its hard to hear but sometimes its for the best.

How many times do you have to be told that he cannot play in the AHL?

If he doesn't make the Bruins, he goes back to Junior. There's no other place for him. And rolerhockey is correct - his contract would still have three years remaining. Junior hockey doesn't count as service time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: hamil has outplayed seguin:[QUOTE]This is based on what? In Response to Re: hamil has outplayed seguin :Posted by SeguinMyTime[/QUOTE]

Based on nothing SMT nothing at all just pure drivel baseless nonsense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: hamil has outplayed seguin :              Hey rolerhoky,  juniors will not help him anymore.He has proved beyond any reasonable doubt he is beyond that league.Next step for alot of kids AHL.I know its hard to hear but sometimes its for the best.

Are you kidding? there is plenty he could still prove in juniors.. He lead his team/ and the league in scoring for one season, he could easily return, walk away with the scoring title, make the canadian juniors team, and play for a championship.. He could easily return and prove it wasnt a fluke...By your logic hamill won the scoring title for the WHA the year he was drafted, he should have gone straight to the AHL?? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Look, the whole point of the CHL agreement is to protect the CHL franchises as businesses.  NHL GMs are generally control freaks, and if they're not, someone in their office is assigned the freak job.  Without this agreement, they would consistently grab their top players at 18 and stick them in the AHL where they could take a more active role in each player's development path.  Some kids would probably stay in junior to get more playing time or to mature physically, but all those 19 yr old stars, like Jordan Eberle, Brayden Schenn, Alex Pietrangelo -- those are the meal tickets for junior franchises.  Kids with the stamp of future pro star endorsed by a draft.

Take those kids away, and the dollars follow.  Take the dollars, and the franchises fold.  Take the franchises and the NHL loses the best environment for developing talent it has - probably the best amateur development program for any major sport in that, unlike the NCAA, it suffers no illusions about these being "student athletes" and it starts at a much younger age.

Now, that was my rational response the hockey-101; then he comes up with that non-sequitur about people pinning their hopes on Seguin.  I don't know....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: hamil has outplayed seguin : Based on nothing SMT nothing at all just pure drivel baseless nonsense.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Ahh what I was thinking.. My first day on these boards though Ive read them for a month or so and I can allready see what some of these topics are really like.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: hamil has outplayed seguin : How many times do you have to be told that he cannot play in the AHL? If he doesn't make the Bruins, he goes back to Junior. There's no other place for him. And rolerhockey is correct - his contract would still have three years remaining. Junior hockey doesn't count as service time.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

That bylaw makes no sense.  You can lift 50lbs no problem.Go try and lift 100lbs,and if you cant,don't bother trying 75lbs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]Look, the whole point of the CHL agreement is to protect the CHL franchises as businesses.  NHL GMs are generally control freaks, and if they're not, someone in their office is assigned the freak job.  Without this agreement, they would consistently grab their top players at 18 and stick them in the AHL where they could take a more active role in each player's development path.  Some kids would probably stay in junior to get more playing time or to mature physically, but all those 19 yr old stars, like Jordan Eberle, Brayden Schenn, Alex Pietrangelo -- those are the meal tickets for junior franchises.  Kids with the stamp of future pro star endorsed by a draft. Take those kids away, and the dollars follow.  Take the dollars, and the franchises fold.  Take the franchises and the NHL loses the best environment for developing talent it has - probably the best amateur development program for any major sport in that, unlike the NCAA, it suffers no illusions about these being "student athletes" and it starts at a much younger age. Now, that was my rational response the hockey-101; then he comes up with that non-sequitur about people pinning their hopes on Seguin.  I don't know....
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

18 and your out hows that.Make the league younger,Stars will be there to support the league dont worry.Canada loves there hockey.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: hamil has outplayed seguin :                That bylaw makes no sense.  You can lift 50lbs no problem.Go try and lift 100lbs,and if you cant,don't bother trying 75lbs.

it makes sense though, its protects the CHL and allows teams to maintain the players rights with out losing years of service, it should be viewed as being beneficial both ways..

He didnt put up crosby numbers, he put up solid numbers, there is no reason he couldn't be returned though and continue to improve..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

do not compare Hamill with Seguin. Hamill was picked 8th because he was an accomplished junior center with vision, passing and hockey knowhow. as Bb pointed out, he was skinny and , up to this year, had not added the strength to play NHL hockey. This year Claude is on record as saying Hamill has progressed steadily every year, and it takes some players longer to progress to NHl ready. With Savvy out for now, Hamill looks good as the 3rd line center unless Wheeler shows more capability. Caron is a separate subject, and might just bump Ryder earlier than expected, or Thornton who's "skill" may not be needed with the existing cast. Center ice could be Kreji,Bergeron, Hamill [hello NAS], and Campbell, all 4 smart and skilled centermen.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

On average how good financially does the CHL do? Anyone? I wonder what the attendance is compared to Div 1 college like hockey east?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]                                    On average how good financially does the CHL do? Anyone? I wonder what the attendance is compared to Div 1 college like hockey east?

what would that possibly have to do with anything?? and comparing attendence to hockey east would be irrelivent since a large portion of your college sport fans tend to be students going to games for free in support of the school, regardless of if they are interested or not...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: hamil has outplayed seguin : what would that possibly have to do with anything?? and comparing attendence to hockey east would be irrelivent since a large portion of your college sport fans tend to be students going to games for free in support of the school, regardless of if they are interested or not...

If what your saying is true about these Canadian junior teams keeping rights to players when they are only 18,well it sounds like the kids are already playing professionally (BIG MONEY). Sounds like the NHL and the CHL are very cozy.The NHL has more depth and is spilling into the AHL.I think the CHL is a distant 3rd these days.Just my take