hamil has outplayed seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: hamil has outplayed seguin

In Response to Re: hamil has outplayed seguin:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: hamil has outplayed seguin :                       If what your saying is true about these Canadian junior teams keeping rights to players when they are only 18,well it sounds like the kids are already playing professionally (BIG MONEY). Sounds like the NHL and the CHL are very cozy.
    Posted by hockey-101[/QUOTE]

I wasn't saying Canadien junior teams keep a players rights, its part of an agreement between the NHL and the CHL.. The fact is NHL teams who return a player to junior maintain the players rights, and are not activating a year of a players Entry level agreement.. Thus returning seguin till next season would mean the bruins when he came back in 2011 would still have 3 years with him.

hockey 101 huh? and you dont know or understand any of this...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]Look, the whole point of the CHL agreement is to protect the CHL franchises as businesses.  NHL GMs are generally control freaks, and if they're not, someone in their office is assigned the freak job.  Without this agreement, they would consistently grab their top players at 18 and stick them in the AHL where they could take a more active role in each player's development path.  Some kids would probably stay in junior to get more playing time or to mature physically, but all those 19 yr old stars, like Jordan Eberle, Brayden Schenn, Alex Pietrangelo -- those are the meal tickets for junior franchises.  Kids with the stamp of future pro star endorsed by a draft. Take those kids away, and the dollars follow.  Take the dollars, and the franchises fold.  Take the franchises and the NHL loses the best environment for developing talent it has - probably the best amateur development program for any major sport in that, unlike the NCAA, it suffers no illusions about these being "student athletes" and it starts at a much younger age. Now, that was my rational response the hockey-101; then he comes up with that non-sequitur about people pinning their hopes on Seguin.  I don't know....
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

BB, the second paragraph is spot on.  I have been arguing the point locally for years, student athletes should have a degree in sports in the NCAA plain and simple.  Apple and oranges on whether or not the CHL is the best amateur developmental league.  

As for Seguin going back to juniors, ahhh it is simple, look at the attendance this year for preseason.  He will make the team!  No doubt.  Will he stay beyond 10 games, depends on his ability to adapt to the NHL play.  Having taught that age for a long time I believe he will adapt.  Lower the expectations and let him develop as Bergeron or Lucic did in their first year.  The hype is the only reason to actually send him back to juniors.  Coping with expectations is a psychological conundrum for the young man.  He is not Sidney Crosby, Boston!!!! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: hamil has outplayed seguin : I wasn't saying Canadien junior teams keep a players rights, its part of an agreement between the NHL and the CHL.. The fact is NHL teams who return a player to junior maintain the players rights, and are not activating a year of a players Entry level agreement.. Thus returning seguin till next season would mean the bruins when he came back in 2011 would still have 3 years with him. hockey 101 huh? and you dont know or understand any of this...
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

With the NHL getting more depth and parity,the AHL will get stronger, making it even harder for high draft kids to step in. .Sending Seguin back to juniors is not like it was in years past.This NHL draft is for the most part a 3 year wish list now.Sending him back is more for the politics and than it is for the development.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: hamil has outplayed seguin :            With the NHL getting more depth and parity,the AHL will get stronger, making it even harder for high draft kids to step in. .Sending Seguin back to juniors is not like it was in years past.This NHL draft is for the most part a 3 year wish list now.Sending him back is more for the politics and than it is for the development.

I would argue this, with the SALARY CAP, and teams being limited to the number of contracts they can carry, younger players who can play will be given every opportunity to make the nhl.. The fact will always remain there are only so many spots for so many guys, and the best players will indeed get to play.. The AHL will still be the same AHL elite players should spend no more then 1-2 seasons down there if even that long..

besides nothing you have said addressed the benefit nhl teams have by leaving players in juniors, thus not having to enact the players EL deal.. Leaving seguin in juniors in essence allows the bruins a chance to work with him (or spooner or knight) during the off season, and they return these players, who they maintain the rights to, and someone else will work with and develop for free.. thats not politics, thats a pretty good deal...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

h101 I remember you posting and asking questions, now when it is explained to u time after time, you still do not get it.

Please, for the good of the threads, just stfup for a while and read the explanations over and over until your thick skull can understand it.

Cmon even the dead horse is sick of it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: hamil has outplayed seguin : BB, the second paragraph is spot on.  I have been arguing the point locally for years, student athletes should have a degree in sports in the NCAA plain and simple.  Apple and oranges on whether or not the CHL is the best amateur developmental league.   As for Seguin going back to juniors, ahhh it is simple, look at the attendance this year for preseason.  He will make the team!  No doubt.  Will he stay beyond 10 games, depends on his ability to adapt to the NHL play.  Having taught that age for a long time I believe he will adapt.  Lower the expectations and let him develop as Bergeron or Lucic did in their first year.  The hype is the only reason to actually send him back to juniors.  Coping with expectations is a psychological conundrum for the young man.  He is not Sidney Crosby, Boston!!!! 
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

They will try and make Sidney Crosbys every year,thats the draft business.How much $$$$$$$$$ is in rating these kids nowadays.Its all BULLLshit.What did you mean when you said apple -oranges ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]h101 I remember you posting and asking questions, now when it is explained to u time after time, you still do not get it. Please, for the good of the threads, just stfup for a while and read the explanations over and over until your thick skull can understand it. Cmon even the dead horse is sick of it.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

Hey Bobby #4  take  that jersey off and put a Lucic #17 on.It is 2010 after all.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]h101 I remember you posting and asking questions, now when it is explained to u time after time, you still do not get it. Please, for the good of the threads, just stfup for a while and read the explanations over and over until your thick skull can understand it. Cmon even the dead horse is sick of it.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

Honestly,
    post something its wrong is corrected, tries to argue another point, is wrong again.. Its one thing to make a mistake, mis quote a fact, or simply be wrong.. but move on from it, tuck your tail if you have to try again next time or add something relevant..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: hamil has outplayed seguin : Honestly, post something its wrong is corrected, tries to argue another point, is wrong again.. Its one thing to make a mistake, mis quote a fact, or simply be wrong.. but move on from it, tuck your tail if you have to try again next time or add something relevant..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Forget it, guys. He's either thick as a plank or just trollish, but either way, it's not worth the aggravation.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: hamil has outplayed seguin :                     They will try and make Sidney Crosbys every year,thats the draft business.How much $$$$$$$$$ is in rating these kids nowadays.Its all BULLLshit.What did you mean when you said apple -oranges ?

Ah, the NHL is a hockey business no matter if the person is aged 18 or 42!  After the first ten games the "Seguin" excitement will subside and a decision can be made on whether or not to send him back to juniors.  As for the "apples and oranges", I was politely disagreeing with BB with the reference to the CHL being the best amateur league.  It is debatable, the translation is both are fruits, but the argument on whether or not one is better or not is debatable depending on whether or not you like apples or oranges.  Transferring that thought to the question of the CHL and supposedly the NCAA as being better, well, their are too many variables to say.  He is correct on the student athlete remark imo.  BTW BB is one of the best posters on this board.  He reads, thinks, and writes with a certain clarity.  I wish all would do the same.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to hamil has outplayed seguin:
    [QUOTE]so far in camp hamil has outplayed seguin...no knock on tyler but if we are to put the best team on the ice hamil has to be chosen over seguin..although it wont happen because it would be a public relations nightmare...seguin looked lost out there last night..meanwhile kessel was flying around scoring a goal in last nights game vs ott....i know its 1 game but with the expectations that tyler had he is under  the radar...i personally think he will be a very good player in years to come but today hamil makes the bruins a better team..watch at 7pm tonight atdhe.net  bruins-panthers game hamil flat out can play...and i thought he was a bust his 1st 2 years in providence...but after watching camp hes ahead of every rookie...caron 2nd also
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

Bruins8, I'm surprised at you. Rest over the weekend and it will pass.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

This is probably one of the stupidest threads since pre-season started.  By mid season Seguin will be showing why he was the second overall pick and whatever he does now is sort of like a baby taking his first steps-- give another couple of months and that baby will be hard to catch.

ABSOLUTELY no comparison should be formed on an 18 year old in his 1st camp compared to a 22yr old in his 4th professional season-- pure idiotic to do so.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

shut up all you fraud hammill fans, I have heard nothing but insults about this kid for 2 years. I have done nothing but support him.  The same losers dissing hammill are now on seguins case. I am so sick of these internet fans who think they know hockey.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Hamil will be a future Trent Whitfield and Colborne future Letonen. I don't mean bad for these kids but they don't seem like they got it to be in the nhl. Seguin doesn't have it yet either but does have oustanding natural skills that will help him at least be a decent nhler. Hamil and Colborne don't have oustanding natural skills and nor great hockey sense like Caron.

To me i like what i have seen from Spooner, Caron, Bartowski, Kampfer, Button (not sure why he is not dressed tonight), Suave . Jury is still out on Hamill, Colbrone, Knight, Arniel, Marchand

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Hamill - no - he is not going to make. Gettin pushed around in preseason vs. FLA, not a good sign.

Way to early to talk about Colborne in the same sentence. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

We will see if its too early. Colborne and Hamil did not anything tonight but get pushed around

Most of the guys in tonites lineup have no chance to make the parent squad which can't be said about the squad that played yesterday.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Here's a nice video for you Yaz16, as you are full of BS about Hammill. You have been hating on him for 2 years now. Some Bruins fas you are. If it were up to you, you would banish all our first rounders in the minors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTOr_mBnPiE

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Earlier today, I said I had high hopes for Hamill based on the fact that he's had 2 (going on 3) years to work on his shortcomings, namely his lack of strength and speed. After watching today's game, it is clear that Hamill has not improved his strength in any meaningful way. As such, I've changed my mind on Hamill, and don't think he will make the team this year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I didn't watch this game but Fluto's comments on Hamill say it all.

12:31 2d period: Panthers 3-1
    Far too easy for opponents to push Zach Hamill around. Needs to be stronger on his skates.

That's been his knock, not strong enough,  he's too small . Now you don't have to be a Chara to make it but if you recall Briere in the playoffs, a smaller player than Hamill,  played like he was 6ft 2. 
    Discouraging to read this about Hamill.  Did he take his coaches advise and try to get bigger and stronger ?
    bruins8 ,  maybe Seguin hasn't impressed you but don't compare the two.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

fluto doesnt know anything about hockey...i never compared seguin to hamill..seguin is bar the better player long term...im saying today hamil is better than seguin in 1 month who knows...but today from what i've seen seguin isnt better than hamill..people get the wrong idea here..im not knocking tyler or comparing them..im saying if the idea is to ice the best team possible today for the bs hamill would help more than seguin in my opinion...that could and should change after tyler gets in more games but today its not the case..  and did seguin not get knocked off the puck in montreal?  "qoute from julien..he tried to beat 2-3 defenders up the middle and got knocked off..in time he will learn he cant do that in the nhl" end quote

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Not sure as I didn't watch the game last night and from the feedback I read (and not only Fluto) from other knowledgeable fans seems like Hamill also did not impress. 
    Here's someone that a spot will not be handed to him on a silver platter but does not seem to cease the opportunity.
    As for the comparing remark , the moment you put that in a subject box you are comparing the two, indirectly. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]50 points?  cmon 25 tops
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE] I would guess he will be closer to the 50 mark than 25, he's a natural play maker. As for whether or not Hamil,Arniel or Caron make the team that would be a coaches and GM decision and not mine. I don't have any preference so long as whoever they keep plays to a very high level for the entire season and straight through to the Stanely Cup championship!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Fluto,he is getting knocked off the puck.What the FU-K?How many times did that skinny Gretzky get knocked off the puck.Give me a break.Hamil and Seguin,leave town while you still have the skin on your back.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Earlier today, I said I had high hopes for Hamill based on the fact that he's had 2 (going on 3) years to work on his shortcomings, namely his lack of strength and speed. After watching today's game, it is clear that Hamill has not improved his strength in any meaningful way. As such, I've changed my mind on Hamill, and don't think he will make the team this year.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

You went to the game? Can we get a report?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

One of the other kids who looked good was center Zach Hamill, who has gotten bigger and stronger and is skating better. He no longer looks like a boy playing with men, but a centerman who can play at the NHL level.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/hockey/bruins/view/20100924jeff_lovecchio_makes_points/

It is funny how 2 different hockey writers can have opposite opinion's on a player.  I think people look at Hamill as a bust and will continue to do so unless he makes the team.  Some people let their preconceptions taint their view.