has anyone picked up nhl10?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joekool. Show joekool's posts

has anyone picked up nhl10?

anyone here have ps3 and the game?  im looking for some challengers

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Re: has anyone picked up nhl10?

Nah, but I'm literally thinking of buying an XBox 360 just so I can play it.

NHL 2009 was one of the best sports games ever created

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I'll bump this thread when I buy the system and we can try to get some boston.com users in a tourney or something.

I call the Bruins of course :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

I bought '09 last year, and it was fantastic. This one looks to be even better with board play. I haven't picked it up yet, but if I do, I'll bump the thread as well. I would like to get it, but since I can't stop playing Madden (incredible), I'm not sure how much use it would get right now. Hopefully soon though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Picked it up for 360 on release day (yesterday). It is a notch up from 09, incredible if you were a fan of last years masterpiece.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

I saw an advertisement for it on MSG tonight during the Bruins game.  The ad was all little snippets of actual game play.  The graphics were pretty impressive.  The best part of the ad is that the last scene was through the eyes of a player getting punched by a Bruins player.  As the player goes down, you can see that the Bruins player who beat him down has the number 17 on his sleeve.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

Id play you but I got it for 360 :(

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

I got it at Midnight on Monday, ps3. There are a few tweeks that make it a little better/realistic, like the board play, puck physics are improved, after the whistle play is fun but a little lacking, 1st person fighting is a cool upgrade. The new passing engine will take a little getting used to, the pro's are you can easily send the puck into an area, con's are you'll probably mis a bunch of passes to an intended player.

Got a bunch of more things i can rant about but I don't want to make a book here, lol.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beer-League-Goalie. Show Beer-League-Goalie's posts

Its supposed to be pretty good.

And you do know that if you let it play a season and Boston wins the Stanley Cup, it will happen in real life too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tylerwhidden. Show tylerwhidden's posts

I HATED the last few hockey games. Whatever happened to just one button to hit, one to shoot, one to pass, and one to speed burst? Now, I try playing and it's like i'm auditioning my players for Cirque du Soleil all of a sudden. They didn't even have a speed burst last game. Ridiculous. Nothing will ever top the old Sega Genesis games. If you have XBox Live, download the 3 on 3 game. It's the best hockey game in the last 10 years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyDan. Show NeelyDan's posts

I have it for the 360, and it's unreal.  Everything is improved.  The first person view of fights is incredible.  And post-whistle stuff!  I've always wanted this.  In my season opener against the caps last night, Savard gave Ovechkin a facewash after the whistle - another cap came in and slashed Savard (Jeff Schultz) and Looch came in and dropped the mitts with Schultz while everyone else on the ice paired off!  Seriously, get this game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In my first game Savvy got into two fights (and even won one) and Looch is making a run for the lady bing. Maybe they can work on that for 2011.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In Response to Re: has anyone picked up nhl10?:
    I HATED the last few hockey games. Whatever happened to just one button to hit, one to shoot, one to pass, and one to speed burst? Now, I try playing and it's like i'm auditioning my players for Cirque du Soleil all of a sudden. They didn't even have a speed burst last game. Ridiculous. Nothing will ever top the old Sega Genesis games. If you have XBox Live, download the 3 on 3 game. It's the best hockey game in the last 10 years.
    Posted by tylerwhidden

... NHL 09 was an example of amazing harmony between innovative game crontrols & enjoyable gameplay.

I highly suggest you try it.

Sega Genesis games were fun and all. but i mean, how much replay value can you get from a 100% chance to score on a wrap-around?

I appreciate the nostalgia, but Video games have moved on... and for good reason

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RyanBhoy. Show RyanBhoy's posts

In Response to has anyone picked up nhl10?:
    anyone here have ps3 and the game?  im looking for some challengers
    Posted by joekool

I've got the PS3 game.
    Carlsberg10 is my gamertag.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

I love the realistic crowds...they all jump up for a home goal, sit stoically when the visitors score. And the folks in the front row pounding on the glass when players go there? The little things like that in the game rule.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylequinn. Show kylequinn's posts

I got ps3, and have nhl10....add me a a ps3 friend...my handle is "gobruinsgo" (yea im suprised too that the name was availible when i picked it lol)

im not very good, but always enjoy a fun  game

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

And Thomas is at a tie for the highest rated goalie behind only Luongo in the game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joebondo. Show joebondo's posts

Picked it up yesterday, not overly impressed.  Dont get me wrong, the game is great, but the few changes dont make the game very different from 09...at least not 60 bucks different!  Graphics and controls are the same, board play is slightly primative.  New fighting is pretty exciting, as is the challenge for the cup.  Havent dabbled in the GM mode yet.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

And Thomas is at a tie for the highest rated goalie behind only Luongo in the game.
    Posted by dhitch

:)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joekool. Show joekool's posts

ok, its on...but who gets to be the bruins?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joekool. Show joekool's posts

I'll bump this thread when I buy the system and we can try to get some boston.com users in a tourney or something.  I call the Bruins of course :)
    Posted by Olsonic

go ps3, i had three xboxes cuz of the whole red ring of death thing and got fed up with it.  plus you dont have to pay extra for the high def, online is free, and you can surf the web.  its worth the extra $.  ...actually i think the price just dropped too. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

In Response to has anyone picked up nhl10? : I've got the PS3 game. Carlsberg10 is my gamertag.
    Posted by RyanBhoy

Im picking up ther game on Friday PSN HockeyJock20 ADD ME ANYONE

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpJay76. Show SpJay76's posts

xbox 360 gamer tag - smellybeaver

i'll take on all

Sections
Shortcuts