Heatley To Boston?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

Heatley To Boston?

Alright, well it's the offseason and as many of us (should) know, Dany Heatley has asked to be traded. Now, there are many teams that will be on the market for Heatley, but I think the Bruins could also be in that hunt.

There are two major scenarios that I see happening in where Heatley could be wearing the black and gold in the future.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Re: Heatley To Boston?

PLEASE NO, this would be such a bad move for the Bs. guy has a huge cap hit and didn't really put up great numbers last year. The sens have asked for Phil Kessel and Patrice Bergeron in return....NO THANKS

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

I don't like Heatley coming here, for several reasons.
    First the cap hit he'd have against players who are more team oriented, such as Savard Ryder and Bergeron.
    Second and I said this in a different thread, but YOU DON'T TRADE WITHIN YOUR DIVISION.
    Third Boston's not even on the list of teams Heatley would accept a trade to, most likely because of the second reason. He wants to get out of Ottawa but Bryan Murray still holds all the cards.
    Fourth because of what you would have to give up. While the first scenario in the link Pezell04X posted is more likely it still isn't likely. If Kessel was shipped to Colorado they wouldn't move Hedjuk with him, he's still too valuable to be considered a cap dump. They could get a second rounder or even as high as a late first rounder to whoever has the most cap room and needs veteran scoring.
    Even if that trade went through who's to say Murray would take Hedjuk Bergeron and the 25th. The combined salaries are nearly $9 million, and Murray's trying to get rid of Heatley before his $4 million bonus comes into effect. Also with Hedjuk's age and Bergeron's concussion history the appeal is minimal. The move would look good on paper but Murray would be crucified unless Bergeron's career turns around next season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

No way. His contract is way to high and he cares more about himself than he does the team. It isn't worth trading several good players for his ego

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

There is no way Heatly will ever come to Boston. Pc has bigger fish to fry in trying to get Hunwick, Bitz and Kessel signed then to worry about a disgrautalled non team player like Heatly. This should not even be discussed given he will not be traded to a team in his own division and his cap space. The Bruins are very quiet in signing their own RFA's and that bothers me concerding the Draft is close and the RFA deadline is coming July 1. Maybe PC has a good reason to wait but the clock is ticking and could there be something in the works.  We will see in the next few weeks, he could be trying to fix what we need to get to the next level or just creat cap space.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

does ANYONE in Boston want Heatly here?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from damngood. Show damngood's posts

Why would they trade him within the division? Makes no sence.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

not to cause an argument, but I read this at another hockey website I go to:

Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun reports Senators winger Dany Heatley has given general manager Bryan Murray a wishlist of 10 teams to be traded to. The Los Angeles Kings, New York Rangers, San Jose Sharks, Detroit Red Wings, Chicago Blackhawks, Vancouver Canucks and Boston Bruins were among the clubs submitted.

Source

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

No thank you.. too much money..cap issues, me first player., soft player... not worth the hassle..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

As far as anyone asking if anybody wants him here.. the answer is yes. THe POTENTIAL everyone talks about with Kessel is the player that Heatley is. You dream that PK becomes a Heatly caliber player. And in case anyone forgot, he is an old linemate of Savvy.
    Having said that, no way in hell does he actually end up here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Far from soft, look at his teeth. He is a proven goal scorer on a team that has hit the skids and far too many injuries, yet he continues to score. 130 goals last 3 years, Kessel 66 last 3.
     He is a player that likes to win and Ott is moving away from this and only has the top line and nothing else, hence the exodus of Chara, Redden, Corvo proven defencemen and many others. I would love to see him in the slot receiving from Savard.  Great PP with him reunited with Sav and Chara and PJ gone to the bench, minors or who cares.
    He is very costly at this time but Ott will become desperate, be nice to see the final bid for him and what it would cost us. I would not like to see Kessel go, but he is no Heatley yet if he ever even becomes that good.

Greatest Of All Time !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Bloggers are by and large morons.

This reminds me of all the Hossa talk last year. When there's nothing to talk about, know-nothing bloggers invent something and post it on a message  board to p*mp their blogs.

Could Heatley come to Boston? Anything's possible. It is even worth speculating about at this point? Hell no.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

Bloggers are by and large morons. This reminds me of all the Hossa talk last year. When there's nothing to talk about, know-nothing bloggers invent something and post it on a message  board to p*mp their blogs. Could Heatley come to Boston? Anything's possible. It is even worth speculating about at this point? Hell no.
    Posted by Kennedy97

First of all, shut up.

Heatley coming to Boston is something that can be done under the scenarios given. Whether it will or not (which it probably wont) remains to be seen. Also, Boston is on Heatley's short list of acceptable teams to be traded to. It is always worth speculating because this is the team that we (as fans) love.

Instead of trying to put down people who have an opinion that differs from yours, that looks at a different direction than you do or even (GASP) goes against something you believe in doesn't make them morons.

If you're talking about my blog, well it's a fan blog, so it will be incredibly biased. I made that known right from the beginning.

But your point on speculating about things that haven't, and may not happen, its ludicrous.

OK EVERYONE, THIS GUY DOESN'T WANT ANYONE TO TALK ABOUT SPECULATION. PLEASE DON'T SPECULATE ABOUT THE UPCOMING DRAFT, PLEASE DON'T TALK ABOUT THE RUMORS RE: PHIL KESSEL, PLEASE DON'T TALK ABOUT SEASON PROJECTIONS, PLEASE JUST SIT HERE AND BE QUIET FOR HIS SAKE.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

why do people insist on being a-holes?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

If you're talking about my blog, well it's a fan blog, so it will be incredibly biased. I made that known right from the beginning. But your point on speculating about things that haven't, and may not happen, its ludicrous. OK EVERYONE, THIS GUY DOESN'T WANT ANYONE TO TALK ABOUT SPECULATION. PLEASE DON'T SPECULATE ABOUT THE UPCOMING DRAFT, PLEASE DON'T TALK ABOUT THE RUMORS RE: PHIL KESSEL, PLEASE DON'T TALK ABOUT SEASON PROJECTIONS, PLEASE JUST SIT HERE AND BE QUIET FOR HIS SAKE.
    Posted by Pezell04x

What do you care about "here"? You posted links to your own blog in your advertisement of an opening post.

My point, which you missed, is that any dolt can take the thinnest piece of materiel and post a blog with no insight at all, about a situation that has only the smallest chance of happening. And all it takes is the tiniest scrap of "potential" for someone to show up on a message site for one purpose: to shout "Hey, check out my blog!" and post a link to what is essentially Bruins Fan Fiction 99.999% of the time.

I didn't say "don't speculate". There are lots of things that the Bruins are addressing that are much higher on the food chain than any acquisition of Dany Heatley is, and discussions about them would be a great deal more grounded in reality.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

14+ Mil to 2 players Chara and Heatley ahhh.....no! That would devastate the Bruins like it did to Tampa which meant no more cups after there first one for the Bolts.

If PC pulls the trigger on this one then you can kiss Savvy, Lucic and Wheeler good bye after next year. PC is thinking of many cups not just one! Building...

Draft day just 2 days away tick tock tick tock...Don't worry i''m addicted to Hockey like Jameson but i'm not going to put a draft ticker on here! Jeesh!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

Alright, well it's the offseason and as many of us (should) know, Dany Heatley has asked to be traded. Now, there are many teams that will be on the market for Heatley, but I think the Bruins could also be in that hunt. There are two major scenarios that I see happening in where Heatley could be wearing the black and gold in the future. Thoughts?
    Posted by Pezell04x

This A-Hole quit on a team that paid  him big dollars. Would you want him on the Bruins. No thanks. Over paid one way player on a Ottawa team that had lots of skill and never won nothing. He is a waste of space.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GillesGilbert. Show GillesGilbert's posts

I live in Ottawa and the people here have been severly critical of him and his actions. The Sens coach basically asked him to be more of a team player during the season. He balked. Coach reduced his ice time, including 1st unit PP time trying to make him more accountable to the team. (It's nice if your better players look out for the team as much as if not more than themselves).  He is a very talented player but does not seem to fit the mold of the type of player the Bruins management wants. Thankfully they want accountable players all pulling in one direction. I believe that this has played a big part in the Bruins success of the last couple of seasons. Why go backwards.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I was just poking around on the net again and I found this.

http://www.canada.com/Bonus+money+slows+Heatley+trade+talk/1727254/story.html

Bonus money slows Heatley trade talk.

OTTAWA - Though Ottawa Senators general manager Bryan Murray would like to trade star winger Dany Heatley before the NHL draft starts on Friday, there are four million reasons why that might not happen. Specifically, the $4- million US bonus due Heatley on July 1.

Several league executives contacted Tuesday said they've heard that a number of teams interested in Heatley will not make an offer until after July 1 to avoid paying the bonus.

The risk of trying to get Heatley at a discount, of course, is that he might be gone by then. Several teams have already spoken to Murray and it appears as if at least one is getting close to being serious, so Murray may not get stuck.

However, he is nonetheless in a tough spot.

Once the Senators pay the signing bonus, the money is gone. Under the collective bargaining agreement, teams can't trade money, which means Murray couldn't ask the team that takes Heatley for part of the bonus money back.

However, Murray could increase his asking price, which is what several agents expect would happen. Murray would ask for another player, for at least partial compensation. Whether he'll get what he's asking for is, of course, another question.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazybsfan04. Show crazybsfan04's posts

does ANYONE in Boston want Heatly here?
    Posted by dkrejci46
    I do! I don't want kessel here because  he stinks royally defensivley!For the rest of you braindeads here i can't understand why we wouldn't want heatley on this team over phil "the not so thrill" kessel. hands down heatley's the better player and it's a much better trade off for us!my two picks that need to go more than anyone: axy 
    and kessel!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOOSE. Show TOOSE's posts

The guy can score, but he's a pain in the a** and would be a huge downer to the great chemistry the team has now. I do see Kessel going somewhere though.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

7.5 million for 5 more years....enough said

Sections
Shortcuts