Help PC with Major Issues

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Re: Help PC with Major Issues

Without a doubt, Ryder's compensation is taxing the team.  However, he's not the only one.  Sturm's late season arrival might not be worth the (salary) hit, as well.  In addition, it will take him a while to become productive, particularly with the rest in playing shape.

TT might not be in demand now, but as the pre-season begins, the injuries may maniest throught the league.  Perhaps, somebody will need that goalie to start most of their games?  Perhaps, the bRUINS will need him (i.e. if Rask got hurt)?  This remains to be seen...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

In Response to Re: Help PC with Major Issues:
    In Response to Re: Help PC with Major Issues : That lineup produces more goals than last year's squad, no doubt. Plus the defense will be stronger with a full year of Seidenberg, a pay-day motivated Stuart, an maturation from guys like Boychuk, Hunwick and McQuaid.  Also, factor in Sturm returning in mid-November which will bump down Caron and the bottom 6.  Finally, and this is probably a topic for another thread, the Maple Leafs won't finish bottom 5 next year. They'v made some solid improvements and from February-onwards, were not a bad team last year.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan

The Maple Leafs did not improve greatly. They won't be out of the top 10 for a year or two. Top 5 is not far fetched

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I guess I am not as convinced as all the other posters here that Seguin can transition to the wing. I know that PC and Seguin both say he can do it, but he's been playing primarily center and the transition to the NHL is something we have to take into consideration too when projecting Seguin as a winger. I think it would be best for him and the Bruins, long-term, to have him start as a center. Then again, if he can play wing, then we may as well try him out there too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

I guess I am not as convinced as all the other posters here that Seguin can transition to the wing. I know that PC and Seguin both say he can do it, but he's been playing primarily center and the transition to the NHL is something we have to take into consideration too when projecting Seguin as a winger. I think it would be best for him and the Bruins, long-term, to have him start as a center. Then again, if he can play wing, then we may as well try him out there too.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan

He played wing during his first year in the OHL so he's not that far removed from playing there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Posted by dc-bruins-fan

1.  The player says it's not a problem.
    2.  The player's former coach says it's not a problem
    3.  The player's current GM says it's not a problem.

Nice to know you value your own opinion of someone you've most likely never seen play over the people most qualified to evaluate the situation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Help PC with Major Issues : 1.  The player says it's not a problem. 2.  The player's former coach says it's not a problem 3.  The player's current GM says it's not a problem. Nice to know you value your own opinion of someone you've most likely never seen play over the people most qualified to evaluate the situation.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

My opinion is based on how difficult it is for under-20s to succeed in the NHL and for any player to switch positions. 

In regard to the evaluations you rely on, only number 3 can be relied upon. I would take 1 and 3 with a huge grain of salt because those two parties wanted Seguin to go number 1 at the time most of those statements were made and now Seguin wants more than anything to crack the lineup, so why wouldn't they say he can play wing as well as center? 

PC, on the other hand, is a better evaluation to rely on because he has to build this team. So when PC says Seguin can play wing, I put some stock in that. However, seeing as Savard was shopped immediately after the Bruins drafted Seguin, I believe that PC would also prefer to have Seguin at center. Thoughts?