Herald article...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notex. Show Notex's posts

Herald article...

The title of this article is funny...

http://bostonherald.com/sports/hockey/bruins/view/20100401signs_point_to_bright_future_for_bruins/

Kinda funny they would write this article as the bruins only have 1 prospect (colborne #28) on the leagues top 50 prospects...none of the other prospects even made honorable mention... We have absolutely no promisnig prospects at the AHL level until Caron/Colborne were aquired...

Sorry i dont have a link for that list I'm sure its google-able....

Kampfer might be OK? but how good could he be if he were aquired for only a 4th or 5th rounder (I think)

While I am VERY excited about Caron and Colborne and Max Sauve it is not right to call our future bright yet...

I know we have alot of picks but those picks have just as much a chance to be busts....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: Herald article...

No tex, to be fair the top 50 list includes many guys already playing in the NHL, (or atleast the one i was looking at recently) and includes Rask at number 2 or 4? I can't remember, but anytime your goal tending is strong things can't be too bad.. Thats probably the hardest role to fill in this sport..

To to mention look at the orgainizational depth chart at center.. I think we have something like 7-9 guys who grade out at 6.5 (2-3 line) or higher.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notex. Show Notex's posts

In Response to Re: Herald article...:
    No tex, to be fair the top 50 list includes many guys already playing in the NHL, (or atleast the one i was looking at recently) and includes Rask at number 2 or 4? I can't remember, but anytime your goal tending is strong things can't be too bad.. Thats probably the hardest role to fill in this sport.. To to mention look at the orgainizational depth chart at center.. I think we have something like 7-9 guys who grade out at 6.5 (2-3 line) or higher.
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Didnt know that - I honstly just scrolled down until I saw Bruins so that makes me feel a bit better..

anyways, I agree we have a TON of depth at center... to the point where if we drafted Seguin there would be no where to put Colborne / Caron (he is a center too right?)  .... Kind of a bottleneck there - thats why we need hall so bad.

Regardless, I think mcquaid is decent but no real studs in the pipeline ... top 4 defense men to be more specific....Alexanderovs name has been thrown out there but I havent seen him play...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Herald article... : Didnt know that - I honstly just scrolled down until I saw Bruins so that makes me feel a bit better.. anyways, I agree we have a TON of depth at center... to the point where if we drafted Seguin there would be no where to put Colborne / Caron (he is a center too right?)  .... Kind of a bottleneck there - thats why we need hall so bad. Regardless, I think mcquaid is decent but no real studs in the pipeline ... top 4 defense men to be more specific....Alexanderovs name has been thrown out there but I havent seen him play...
    Posted by Notex

I have been saying the same thing, I am hoping the mid first rounder, or a couple of the second rounders land us some guys with nhl size that can really develop into a top 2 guy, There are a couple prospects playing for the USA-NTDP that have some good size and could turn out to be real studs.. Part of me feels like if seguin and hall are off the board when we draft we (lets say they go 1-2 and we have 3) we should slot back and grab the best available winger at the time as well as one of these guys.. I am not sold on fowler I like merrill or Forbot? but not enought to take them 5-10 spots ahread of projection
    And hoping for a shot at number 1 next season, there's a sweedish Dman they are saying at 16 is already better then Hedman, and that would be a solid start.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Caron is a winger and Colbourne spent part of this season on his off wing. From everything I hear Colbourne is definitely a natural centerman. If its the difference between making the big boys or the baby B's, Im sure Colbourne would have no issue playing wing. 

I would prefer Seguin over Hall if we do have that luxury. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Matty, I think we could fit colborne onto the third line nicely right now..Or give him wheelers spot for a few games...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Good call Roler, let Wheeler know that he's expendable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I am just thinking size and skill wise the scouting on these guys is pretty simiar.. and who knows what wheeler is looking for at years end..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm usually a bit sceptical of "top 50 prospects" lists.  Take the hockeysfuture.com list, which I think is what rolerhoky is referring to.  They rate potential on what is, in theory, a 1-10 scale where 1 is me (only shot at being on the ice during an NHL game is by winning a shoot-and-win draw) and 10 is Orr, Gretzky, Lemieux.  I'm pretty sure any prospects writer saying someone is the next Orr, Gretzky, or Lemieux would get sent for an MRI to determine the size of the tumour. 

They then mitigate that potential mark with a probability mark - the odds that they'll reach their potential and how far they'll fall if they don't.  So a 7D is a guy who has the potential to be a second line forward (20-30 goals, 50-70 pts) but who is unlikely to reach that potential and could end up being no more than a Whitfield or St-Pierre - top AHL guys who see the occasional call-up.  In the top 10, the players are 8.5 or 8.0 - first liners to potential all-stars.  Most of them are no better than "C" prospects which says they could drop to being basically 3rd liners.  The two exceptions are both goaltenders and one of them is the wildly erratic Semyon Varlamov.  How he ranks higher than Rask (2 vs. 4) I have no idea.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthony3063. Show anthony3063's posts

In Response to Re: Herald article... : I have been saying the same thing, I am hoping the mid first rounder, or a couple of the second rounders land us some guys with nhl size that can really develop into a top 2 guy, There are a couple prospects playing for the USA-NTDP that have some good size and could turn out to be real studs.. Part of me feels like if seguin and hall are off the board when we draft we (lets say they go 1-2 and we have 3) we should slot back and grab the best available winger at the time as well as one of these guys.. I am not sold on fowler I like merrill or Forbot? but not enought to take them 5-10 spots ahread of projection And hoping for a shot at number 1 next season, there's a sweedish Dman they are saying at 16 is already better then Hedman, and that would be a solid start.
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Keep in mind , Chiarelli GAVE AWAY Tampa Bays 2nd round pick for Seidenberg rental..
    Chiapet not swift, he may have gone to Harvard, but he did not learn anything..
    He basically gave a way a TOP 30 pick!!freakin clown

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

That is the one i was referrig to BB..Varlamov, I can see the higher ranking the rask, i do agree rask has been more consistant, But some of the save SV made last season and into the playoffs were just absurd.. The hot / cold flavor his goaltending has can (hopefulyl for his sake) round out with age and experience..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

What Wheeler's looking for?  How about his game?

I don't know that BW has a leg to stand on in negotiations.  I love, absolutely love the idea of sitting him for a game or two and popping Sauve or Colborne in - even Marchand. I could see one of those guys going Kalus playing with Krejci and scoring a goal a game.  Imagine the sound effect that goes with Wheeler's sinking negotiating position as the Bruins demonstrate just how easily he could be replaced.

Short of major injuries, I don't see Toronto ending up within lottery reach of first overall next year, so I wouldn't hold out hope of landing a Swedish phenom.  So - they need to draft a big, mobile defenseman or two.  Genuine first-pairing D are hard to find in the top half of the first round, so they'd be smart to hedge their bets and draft a couple in the later first and second rounds.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

I thought that the big Swede was eligible for the 2012 draft and not next year's.

I think that the Bruins badly need to draft D. If we get a top 2 take the leftover of Hall/Seguin then use our pick on a D. Even trade up w/ our pick to take the D we want.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Matty.

They are saying next years draft will be a weak one (i am thinking the Hamill draft class) but the top kid is a stud..

http://thepipelineshow.blogspot.com/2010/01/top-5-tuesday-2011-draft-watch.html

Adam Larssons, 6'2 209 age 16

My question was simple: How does Adam Larsson compare to Victor Hedman? Who will be the better player in the long run?

"Larsson - no question. Hedman is an exceptional player and will be a star in the NHL for a long time. Larsson is already better than Hedman was at the same age. Adam Larsson is going to be a superstar in the NHL."

I was more than a little surprised; there was no hesitation, no moment to ponder. Just "Larsson... no question."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Herald article... : ... top 4 defense men to be more specific....Alexanderovs name has been thrown out there but I havent seen him play...Posted by Notex

I am worried as well about the Bruins Dcorps in the minors or Juniors. PC will need to make more under the radar trades like McQuaid and Manchuk.

AHL defenseman Cody Wild, Michigan Wolverine defenseman Steve Kampfer or Ohio State defenseman Matthew Bartkowski were recent trades that most hockey fans yawned about but so did most when PC traded for Johhny and Adam so we shall see.

I'd say PC will use his own #1 and the two 2nd rounders for defense.

http://nhlyoungguns.com/NHL-2010-Entry-Draft-List-Round-Two/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Herald article... : I am worried as well about the Bruins Dcorps in the minors or Juniors. PC will need to make more under the radar trades like McQuaid and Manchuk. AHL defenseman Cody Wild, Michigan Wolverine defenseman Steve Kampfer or Ohio State defenseman Matthew Bartkowski were recent trades that most hockey fans yawned about but so did most when PC traded for Johhny and Adam so we shall see. I'd say PC will use his own #1 and the two 2nd rounders for defense. http://nhlyoungguns.com/NHL-2010-Entry-Draft-List-Round-Two/
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Nice find, but i hope like hell that list is wrong.. 6-0 176 D  you mean a kid hunwick can toss around?

and the other kid 145lbs he better be tyler ennis...