Hey Bruins/Jacobs Haters and All Other Fake Fans..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UtahBruin. Show UtahBruin's posts

I cannot agree more!

I have been a bruins fan since I saw Gerry Cheevers' Mask back in the 70's.  I have witnessed the frustration of only being one or two players from winning a cup,  Oates demanding out, Sinden hard-balling contracts(first ever to walk away from an arbitration award), Bourque leaving to win a cup, and the terrible decision to dismantle a true contender just to save a few bucks. 

But I still bleed Black and Gold!   And as hitch said, it is not about winning the cup.  If it were wouldn't we all be Red Wings fans?  Or New Jersey?  Or Colorado????   It's not.  It's because of the players and the "hard to play against" style that has been the Bruins tradition since I can remember (except for the few years post lock-out when we were an expansion team).  It's because of all the great players that have worn the spoked B.  It's because I HATE THE HABS.

That being said,  under chia pete things look to be a bit different.  Agreed that some of his moves have been troubleing (Jucina, Boyes, Fernandez)  But things are looking up for the first time in decades.
    We have a ton of young talent and, with the cap in place, we have signed some good players.  Within a year or two we should have a team equal to the team that we had pre lock-out.

If you can't be excited for the boys and what they accomplished last year then go back to being the band wagon riddng sheep that you truley are.

As much as we would all like to see Jacobs sell the team, he isn't and there is nothing that we can do!

Point is...I am tired of reading all of the crying that hapens on this board.  I live in Utah so the only true connection I get is on sattelite and the internet.  Thank god the schedule has changed and I can see the Bruins in Colorado every year instead of once every three years. 

Please stop littering these boards with hate.  If you truely hate the Bruins/Jacobs/Fans so much that you must come here to spew your garbage, then you simply have too much time on your hands.  It is time to move out of your parents basements and find another team to cheer for.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dryroasted. Show dryroasted's posts

dhitch "If you only watch hockey for Cup wins...then go be a Habs fan..."

Spoken like a true pom pom waving fool. This is why no one takes people like you seriously. Go watch youth hockey if you want to give us this for love of the game crap, this is Pro Hockey and its about winning and competing for Championships! JJ loves pacifist clowns like you who will settle for anything he gives you as long there is a spoked B on it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dei991. Show dei991's posts

I find it funny you can defend the bruins! It seems to be most bask the organization and not th eplayers and people are entitled to it just as much as you are, this is a board for all comments not just a lovefest. I had season tix for 10 yrs so I've literally paid my dues and earned the right to say whatever I feel like and as you mentioned a lot of the moves over the past several years have been horrible. This team started to fade when they moved in to the new building. If you keep watching and paying for tix then JJ has no reason to make any changes

I agree it is not all about winning the cup (But that is and should be the goal of EVERY team in training camp). If I see quality hockey I'm happy and this has not been the case for along time.

[Quote]I cannot agree more!

I have been a bruins fan since I saw Gerry Cheevers' Mask back in the 70's.  I have witnessed the frustration of only being one or two players from winning a cup,  Oates demanding out, Sinden hard-balling contracts(first ever to walk away from an arbitration award), Bourque leaving to win a cup, and the terrible decision to dismantle a true contender just to save a few bucks. 

But I still bleed Black and Gold!   And as hitch said, it is not about winning the cup.  If it were wouldn't we all be Red Wings fans?  Or New Jersey?  Or Colorado????   It's not.  It's because of the players and the "hard to play against" style that has been the Bruins tradition since I can remember (except for the few years post lock-out when we were an expansion team).  It's because of all the great players that have worn the spoked B.  It's because I HATE THE HABS.

That being said,  under chia pete things look to be a bit different.  Agreed that some of his moves have been troubleing (Jucina, Boyes, Fernandez)  But things are looking up for the first time in decades.
    We have a ton of young talent and, with the cap in place, we have signed some good players.  Within a year or two we should have a team equal to the team that we had pre lock-out.

If you can't be excited for the boys and what they accomplished last year then go back to being the band wagon riddng sheep that you truley are.

As much as we would all like to see Jacobs sell the team, he isn't and there is nothing that we can do!

Point is...I am tired of reading all of the crying that hapens on this board.  I live in Utah so the only true connection I get is on sattelite and the internet.  Thank god the schedule has changed and I can see the Bruins in Colorado every year instead of once every three years. 

Please stop littering these boards with hate.  If you truely hate the Bruins/Jacobs/Fans so much that you must come here to spew your garbage, then you simply have too much time on your hands.  It is time to move out of your parents basements and find another team to cheer for.[/Quote]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

The Habs are predominantly french-Canadian? Did my bed pass through some hole in the space-time continuium and it's suddenly 1977 again?

Koivu, Price, Kostitsyns, Plecanek, Kovalev, Higgins, Komisarek...none of those guys exactly came from Sherbrooke.

And at one point, "it wasn't about championships"? When? Come on... for any sports fan who really gives a damn, it's ALWAYS about championships. What would be the point if it wasn't?

The Bruins are moving in the right direction. But let's not excuse the past like it didn't matter, and pretend that it's actuallu better to NOT win the Cup for going on 4 decades because it'll be "sweeter when we do". Foolishness.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mik802. Show mik802's posts

[Quote]

The Habs are predominantly french-Canadian? Did my bed pass through some hole in the space-time continuium and it's suddenly 1977 again?

Koivu, Price, Kostitsyns, Plecanek, Kovalev, Higgins, Komisarek...none of those guys exactly came from Sherbrooke.

And at one point, "it wasn't about championships"? When? Come on... for any sports fan who really gives a damn, it's ALWAYS about championships. What would be the point if it wasn't?

The Bruins are moving in the right direction. But let's not excuse the past like it didn't matter, and pretend that it's actuallu better to NOT win the Cup for going on 4 decades because it'll be "sweeter when we do". Foolishness.

[/Quote]

Thank you kennedy!

Morons above seem to think that liking a team is all you need.  We all like the team just cause we wnat a championship doesnt mean we are turing to to habs fans if u think that you guys are complete idiots.  Championships are wwhat matter.  I love to watch the Bruins but if they dont win I get mad and its going to be the same every year.  Why cheer for a team to lose is there a point to that.  Even if the lose in the eastern conference finals im going to be disappointed. And thats how it should be.  And i think thats how players of any sport feel. No season is what it should be unless you win the championship and that is one reason why i think the pats are so succesful because thats how they feel.  what did there undefeated season mean in the end nothing... Why because they lost the most important game of the year.  If you dont think championships are what matter i dont know what you are cheering for!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zoolander0. Show zoolander0's posts

[Quote]"It's not about winning the Cup", that is one of the most idiotic statements I have ever come across. I'm sure you would be hard pressed to find anyone who plays or watches any sport to say a championship is pretty meaningless to them. Every season every team in every sport starts out with the same goal--Win A Championship, not the division, not the conference, the Cup!!![/Quote]

I could not agree more, if it's not about Winning a championship what is it about then? Selling tickets? Selling warm beer and hotdogs? Consider the source who said this, dhitch is the biggest bozo on the Bruins boards now. He is one of these tofu eating meditating idiots who is more then content if the good ol' boys just try hard.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRH3068. Show JRH3068's posts

It is all about the cup.

At the end of the day, all the teams want it and only one
    can lay claim to Lord Stanley's prize.  However win or lose
    I root on my team and lose my voice and sometimes my
    mind at the games.

But even if team failed to hoist the cup in my lifetime, I will
    still bleed Black And Gold.  Mind you, our Big Bad Bruins are
    a little bigger and badder as a result of a strong showing in
    our first playoff appearance in many years - And with PB
    back in the mix with Wheeler, Ryder and ML punching out
    any and eveyone within arms reach, I must admit I'm a
    happy man.

Julien is in my opinion what this team needed and still
    needs to put the fear of the almighty back into our rivals
    and with a full season to accomplish that without playing
    damage control on another coach's system.

I know that winning matters.  Who in thier right mind wants
    to lose?  But the big key in my mind is that I'm a fan first
    and my team's success is 100% pure bonus for my loyalty
    and dedication.  The haters and wagon jumpers do not
    matter to me.  All noise and no substance.

Go Bruins!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2009-2. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2009-2's posts

I Agree with dhitch AMERICAN FANS ARE FAKE FANS AND DONT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE BRUINS!!!!!!!

Anyone can see the Bruins will be Cup favorites, jeremy jacobs has done a tremendous job and should be up for owner of the year.

Anyone who cant see that is a HAB FAN!!!!

GO BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUINS!!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

HATE THE  OWNER ----LOVE THE TEAM!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Say what you will about me...I am canadian...i love hockey, always will. I have loved the Bruins since I was old enough to see the TV...and no amount of cups or heartbreaks will sway that love.

If your any different...your not a real Bruins fan in my mind. Go back to baseball with your fat athletes and slooow paced game zoolander..you american scum. lol.

ps..no offense to all other americans who I adore...only zoolander who taints your image.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KlausVonScribe. Show KlausVonScribe's posts

Re: Hey Bruins/Jacobs Haters and All Other Fake Fans..

In Response to Hey Bruins/Jacobs Haters and All Other Fake Fans..:
    dhitch "If you only watch hockey for Cup wins...then go be a Habs fan..." Spoken like a true pom pom waving fool. This is why no one takes people like you seriously. Go watch youth hockey if you want to give us this for love of the game crap, this is Pro Hockey and its about winning and competing for Championships! JJ loves pacifist clowns like you who will settle for anything he gives you as long there is a spoked B on it.
    Posted by dryroasted

lmao so true!!!!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In Response to Re: Hey Bruins/Jacobs Haters and All Other Fake Fans..:
    In Response to Hey Bruins/Jacobs Haters and All Other Fake Fans.. : lmao so true!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by KlausVonScribe

Hitch, I agree man

These people think like they are owed something..

i despise them.. there is only a few people with more than 100 posts that will talk smack though.. just ignore the trolls

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from throatslasher. Show throatslasher's posts

These people think like they are owed something.. i despise them..

Posted by Olsonic

Yeah!! How dare we fans expect a Cup from our team! How dare us fans expect a second round win every 20 years!!! I despise those fans who don't just bend over and take it up the assss every year like the "real fans" aka SHEEP

Those nasty fans want something for the top prices in the NHL?!?!

OK!! Thanks JJ for checking in!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Why do I get the feeling that the anti-management/anti-owners, the "We demand a cup or everything else is a failure" posters are all under the age of 30?

Maybe it's the new internet age culture, the instant-gratification, no patience, no inderstanding the process, I need results NOW culture that seems to be prevelant. The "nothing is more important than self-esteem" generation that plays baseball where coaches aren't allowed to bench bad players, or in some cases, even keep score. It makes them impatient, arrogant, and downright nasty if they don't get their way.

It breeds a generation that can't enjoy watching the game for the beauty of the game, or think last season was awesome when you turn on the game and, for once, NOT think the B's are going to lose it somehow. That was fun, and yeah it s.ucks they didn't win the cup, but it was a long season, and they won a vast majority of games. I got my money's worth.

But then again, I guess I'm of an older generation who appreciates the ride, even if we didn't get to our targeted destination. And now that the B's just got 13 out of 14 possible points, I'm enjoying this ride, too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

And no, it's not all about winning the cup. As you'll discover when you get older, when you have the pressure of bills to pay, family to support, wife to keep happy, kids to keep happy, bosses to keep happy, community obligations, it wears down on you. Sports is a good release. Having a few hours to watch the team you love play, play well, and get a win that night does wonders for your spirit, for your mood, for bonding with your friends over a few cold ones and a close Bruins win. And as long as your team does that far more than they lose, then at least you had a great yeareven if they don't win the cup.

Believe it or not, there's more to life than championships. And if you think that's what it's all about, then you really don't have your priorities straight, or you simply don't have enough life experience to understand the difference.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

And no, it's not all about winning the cup. As you'll discover when you get older, when you have the pressure of bills to pay, family to support, wife to keep happy, kids to keep happy, bosses to keep happy, community obligations, it wears down on you. Sports is a good release. Having a few hours to watch the team you love play, play well, and get a win that night does wonders for your spirit, for your mood, for bonding with your friends over a few cold ones and a close Bruins win. And as long as your team does that far more than they lose, then at least you had a great yeareven if they don't win the cup. Believe it or not, there's more to life than championships. And if you think that's what it's all about, then you really don't have your priorities straight, or you simply don't have enough life experience to understand the difference.
    Posted by davecarr

I hear you.
    What I want to see is good hockey.  I want to see emotion and guys hustling.  On the current team, Wideman does drive me crazy at times and spoils my enjoyment with his mental errors.
    I also want to see management making the right moves and treating their players well.  I want to have hope for the future, I don't want a win now at all costs team by sacrificing draft picks.

I'm happier with this team than I have been in decades, since longer than I can remember.  I think there is a solid foundation here.  I think a cup is well on its way to Boston, not this year, but it will be here in the coming years.  Once the foundation is strong, you can build on top of it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I'd like nothing better to see the Bruins win another cup, but I also understand that it's not something easily achieved.........by MOST teams. Every fan goes through their ups and downs. No team wins the championship every year. The Bruins have a great history, as several have alluded to here......and I think perhaps a good future given our current core, and the potential for a couple of nice first round draft picks compliments of the worst org. in hockey......the TML's!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I want to get back to the comment in the original post,"Nobody likes the French".

There has been a rift between the English and French going back for thousands of years.

Somehow I don't see that many Asian people who care whether a person is French or not, do Africans and Muslim people hate the French?

Anyway when we talk about hockey players we are not talking about French people , we are talking about French Canadians.

Ray Bourque is a French Canadian, Mark Savard is not French but he has a French last name.

I am predominantly English and I have no dislike for these two players , in fact I rather like them.

So please tell me, what is this comment supposed to mean, in relation to whether or not a person is a true Bruins fan, anyway?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GABees. Show GABees's posts

Maybe it's because the french (Canada and France) just come across as smug... I don't know.  ... not that I have any issues with them personally...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

I too have followed the B's since I was a kid vaugely seeing them win in 72.Couldn't agree more that it's the players I think this franchise is heading in the right direction.While I'm not a huge fan of Jeremy Jacobs his son Charlie seems to be letting the hockey people run the team.If following this team was about my great affection for J.J I would have picked a new team to follow.GO BRUINS GO.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

JJ is not worthy of conversation, his record is one of the worst in hockey history. My sports room is adorned black and gold all over the walls including my prized possession, a personalized signature of Ray Bourque.  My Swedish family are Bruins fans because of my loyalty.  So don't preach a doctrine of nonsense that ownership is to be part of that loyalty.  Jacobs and Bettman created the over expansion of the NHL in the late 80s and 90s.  Collecting their stipends upon each entry into the NHL.  Since then and up to the cap, the expansion motto was "impulse buying with credit cards" when it came to signing free agents.  In the end those same two were the architects of the cap system.  OMG we saved the league, we should be enshrined into the hall of fame.  Then with a stroke of genius prior to the first cap year, Jacobs dumps players in the delusional belief he will capture the market of free agents.  Wow, genius at work.  The Bruins tried to build a team around a player, Thornton, with the likes of Alexi Zhamnov. He was not the kind of player to lead, so we trade him essentially for Zdeno Chara.  NOW, the cap is here.  Chiarelli, I have come to believe has been freed from Jacobs chains.  Jacobs still has ticket prices and concession stand bucks to manipulate the bean counter mentality.  Nonetheless, we have a very good team.  My loyalty remains intact.  So enough of the stinking black and white analysis of "if you love the team, you got to love the ownership"!!  BTW I saw Cheevers play as a Rochester Amerk in the 1960s.... but a Bruins fan can be 20 and he/she can be 90.  It does not matter how many years or who the owners purport themselves to be.  You spend your money on what you want and I will do the same, but don't think you are better.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

Zillahomo, of course everyone hates the French. They blow. My best friend is French and he is the biggest coward I know.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Zillahomo, of course everyone hates the French. They blow. My best friend is French and he is the biggest coward I know.   
    Posted by lereve77

...and he's your best friend? That's funny.

What does this say about you?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Believe1. Show Believe1's posts

In Response to Hey Bruins/Jacobs Haters and All Other Fake Fans..:
    Say what you will about me...I am canadian...i love hockey, always will. I have loved the Bruins since I was old enough to see the TV...and no amount of cups or heartbreaks will sway that love. If your any different...your not a real Bruins fan in my mind. Go back to baseball with your fat athletes and slooow paced game zoolander..you american scum. lol. ps..no offense to all other americans who I adore...only zoolander who taints your image.
    Posted by dhitch

Great post D Hitch.  I'm an American and hockey is #1 with me.  Bruins are original 6 all the way.  5 Cups won, trips to the finals, Orr, Neely, Bourque.  Misses, droughts for too long.  Exciting to see Savard sign for less because he's believing along with a good core team too.  Even though you despise baseball, like me, I have to hand it to Red Sox nation for 86 winless years of fans.  When the Cup parade is in Boston, this town is going to explode!  You and I can stand arm to arm then and enjoy this team's ups and downs.  Let's go Bruins!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts