Hnidy, I apologize.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Hnidy, I apologize.....

Not to call anyone out, but I am 100% positive that I am not the only one whose favorite thing about obtaining montador was the resulting cutback in Hnidy's playing time...

However, because of a dinged up defense, Hnidy has been getting ample playing time in this series and I really couldnt ask for anything more than he has given...

He has played with energy, grit, and intelligence....He's playing physical and even has a clutch goal to his credit this postseason....He's everywhere on the ice ... I was dead wrong about wanting him off the top 6...

Hnidy, I apologize!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Re: Hnidy, I apologize.....

this guy has playoff expertize ,,i think he maded to the third round with the sens a few years back

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Don't be too hard on yourself.

Nobody is ever going to give Hnidy a vote for the All-Star team. He really does not have much natural talent. I have been tough on him also.

But on Saturday night , I saw a player who knows that he is playing in place of a more talented kid (Hunwick) , and he has accepted that. He went out and just worked his tail off , remarkably scoring not just a goal, but THE GOAL that broke Montreal's will and turned the momentum back to our side.

Hnidy is following in the footsteps of other Bruins defensemen that played before him. Guys with minimal talent but incredible desire to be a part of something and contribute. Players like Dallas Smith, Don Awrey, Darryl Edestrand, Gary Doak, Jim Wiemer, Al Pederson , Brian Curran , to name a few.

I think the whole team played as if they were trying to win one for their fallen teammate, Matt Hunwick. They just seemed to have that little extra desire to win.

So far this series has been all about the muckers and grinders. Kovalev is a great talent, and he can be tough to stop, but the 3rd and 4th liners on the Bruins are just hustling their tails off.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

props to Hnidy as well

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HermesConrad. Show HermesConrad's posts

I love Hnidy! He's a tough customer with plenty of experience to bring to the table. It was GREAT to see him to get that very important goal the other night. I have no qualms whatsoever about him being in the lineup, and it's nice to see that others feel the same.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

I didnt mind his game all regular season, but when he was scratched in favour of Montador his rust showed in the last couple of regular season games he played...couple of give aways and a step behind.

He picked it up pretty quick in Game 2. Now I wanna see what Bitz can do.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RyanBhoy. Show RyanBhoy's posts

I'll be 100 percent honest as well. When we first signed Hnidy I wasn't impressed with his resume or what he brought to the team immediately. Come to find out, I just didn't understand the type of player we were getting.

But time and time again Hnidy has proved me wrong. The defenseman has been as tough, physical and brought more emotion that I could ever ask as my favorite team's players, never mind a defenseman.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

At the end of the day he's an NHL level player. Not an star, but professional enough to seize the moment, step up, and make an impact on the game. I was at the game and was impressed with his steady play all night. Also, Mark Stuart was a guy I watched closely and he had an incredible shut down game. The overall team effort, wow! Kobasew is hellbent for election and fearless.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

Hnidy's give away in the first gave me a heart-attack...but all's well that...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

I've loved his physical play. And somehow, his instincts are sharper in the playoffs than in the reg season. He made a few mistakes tonight, but actually, who didn't? Timmy did, Savvy did, (Wheeler did but it's no secret I don't think he's Bruin material--maybe someday).

But in the end, it didn't matter all that much.

Bitzy also came through big time, by the way!! I wasn't confident he had it in him, but was really, really impressed!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]Don't be too hard on yourself. Nobody is ever going to give Hnidy a vote for the All-Star team. He really does not have much natural talent. I have been tough on him also. But on Saturday night , I saw a player who knows that he is playing in place of a more talented kid (Hunwick) , and he has accepted that. He went out and just worked his tail off , remarkably scoring not just a goal, but THE GOAL that broke Montreal's will and turned the momentum back to our side. Hnidy is following in the footsteps of other Bruins defensemen that played before him. Guys with minimal talent but incredible desire to be a part of something and contribute. Players like Dallas Smith, Don Awrey, Darryl Edestrand, Gary Doak, Jim Wiemer, Al Pederson , Brian Curran , to name a few. I think the whole team played as if they were trying to win one for their fallen teammate, Matt Hunwick. They just seemed to have that little extra desire to win. So far this series has been all about the muckers and grinders. Kovalev is a great talent, and he can be tough to stop, but the 3rd and 4th liners on the Bruins are just hustling their tails off.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

TRUE -- Not an All-star -- the kid plays with heart like the rest -- Unfortunately -- put him next to Montador -- he certainly looks like an All-Star...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Right, Hnidy did commit two blunders right off last night. But he recovered to play a solid game.  Also Montador played his first smooth game as a Bruin.  I haven't liked him before last night. 

As for Bitz, it was a joy to see that fourth line reunited and clicking.  When Lucic comes back, it would be better for Wheeler to sit, keeping Bitz with Yelle and Thornton.  Wheeler has looked kind of "in a daze" out there, my view. Anyone agree?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]Right, Hnidy did commit two blunders right off last night. But he recovered to play a solid game.  Also Montador played his first smooth game as a Bruin.  I haven't liked him before last night.  As for Bitz, it was a joy to see that fourth line reunited and clicking.  When Lucic comes back, it would be better for Wheeler to sit, keeping Bitz with Yelle and Thornton.  Wheeler has looked kind of "in a daze" out there, my view. Anyone agree?
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

I agree about Hnidy....During the first period, I was scratching my head....Looked like he had reverted back to the lazy passes and other blunders....But he settled down and gave us a third consecutive quality game....

As for Wheeler, just too many mouths to feed....Axie is playing so well right now that we cannot take him off the first line...That moves Lucic down to Wheeler's spot....And with the aquisition of Recchi to play wiht Bergy and kobasew, there just isnt a spot for wheeler on any line but fourth....

That being said , the kid CAN skate, but he seems to be most effective when he's on a line with other quality skaters (namely kreijci)....I dont think hes skilled enough to pull a "kessel" and be able to skate around quadruple coverage so he needs help on breakaways....Unfortunately, Yelle is no Krejci and therefore the 2 on 1 breakaways are not going to be as frequent on line 4....This limits his biggest strength and cuts into his on-ice value....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from HermesConrad. Show HermesConrad's posts

[QUOTE]Bitzy also came through big time, by the way!! I wasn't confident he had it in him, but was really, really impressed!
    Posted by BruinsUnite[/QUOTE]
    Told ya. Smile What a great play to keep the puck in Mtl's end to result in Thornton's goal. Isn't it amazing that Shawn Thornton has more goals so far than Joe Thornton this playoff season? Jack Edwards mentioned that last night...funny stat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Game 3:

I have not seen a team play team defense like this since Italy won the World Cup in soccer.

Amazing how every guy had each other's back and kept most of Montreal's shots from the outside.

Many miscues by the Bruins had me shaking my head, but amazingly ,as soon as a player would give the puck away, a teammate would knock it away and clear it away from danger.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

the reason the bruins are so good is that the have players that know their roles, and play them affectively. Hnidy is a perfect example, kobasew is another, guys like this lead to playoff Ws

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]the reason the bruins are so good is that the have players that know their roles, and play them affectively. Hnidy is a perfect example, kobasew is another, guys like this lead to playoff Ws
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

Where the heck have you been?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonwise. Show Bostonwise's posts

I thought Hnidy looked rough last night and made a couple major turn overs, but he definately picked up the pace in the third. the tandem of him and Montador still scare me, but they were serviceable as a third line D.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Hnidy had a tough game last night,most of the Bruin D did  but the boys gutted it out.Hnidy hasn't played much in the last month and a half and his rust is still showing.He will get better as we move along.At this point I would take Hnidy over Hunwick.Hunwick is more talented but is still a work in progress.Hnidy provided solid D pretty well all year.I like the pairing off Hnidy/Stuart,they play well together.I don't think Hnidy should have been sat in favor of Montadore but Montadore seems to be picking up his intensity lately.