Hockey News Ranks Neely # 1Power Forward All TIme

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Hockey News Ranks Neely # 1Power Forward All TIme

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/36015-THNcom-Top-10-Alltime-power-forwards.html

I Agree.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Hockey News Ranks Neely # 1Power Forward All TIme

I agree with the whole list - nice to see Tim Kerr get some love. Very underrated player.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I kind of agree. But I don't think of Kerr or Stevens as fighters. Not in the same class as Neely or Mess. I'm sure they did, but I do not remember them being hard-a** kind of players.

As much as I hate bringing any schab name up, what about John Ferguson?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Fergy was around before the term entered hockey use, just like Howe and Taz. The list is for players around after it came into the hockey lexicon which happened during Neely's first year in a Bruins jersey.

Originally, if I have my history right, the word was first used to describe Neely as a cross-sport comparison to Kevin McHale

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Amougst  Giants of the hockey world    congrats  Neely  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's a great list, but I don't understand how Iginla ended up #3.  He should be Top 10, but not Top 3.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I've preached this for years.  There has never been a power forward as good as Neely since his departure from the NHL.
    Glad the hockey news put this in print.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigD7. Show BigD7's posts

I'd like to put a forward an honorable mention to Wendel Clark, three 30+ goal seasons, definately tough. Maybe number 11 on the list?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Totally agree on Iginla.  He is not a power forward anymore.  He circles and shoots from the perimeter nowadays.

How about Pat Verbeek??  He was small but he played a power forward game for sure.  522 goals, over 1000 points, and almost 3000 penalty minutes to boot.

Verbeek should be in the middle of that list.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

But could Verbeek just run guys over to get to where he wanted to go? Not really. Very good player, but not a wrecking ball.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Hockey News Ranks Neely # 1Power Forward All TIme:
    [QUOTE]But could Verbeek just run guys over to get to where he wanted to go? Not really. Very good player, but not a wrecking ball.
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

He didn't run people over much, but neither did John LeClaire.  Verbeek could hit and he scored by driving hard to the net, banging in rebounds, etc.  And that little guy would fight anyone (same as Wendell Clark).  I think he is absolutely a power forward.  I'm not sure you can put up 40 goals and 250 PIMs a year, season after season, without being considered a power forward.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

Cam Neely was the gratest power forward ever bar none! easy choice for THN,
    mention should have been given to Clarke. Neely was the protoypical north american hockey player, talent, toughness, and great shot. There will never be another Neely ever. CAM u were the man , u really were. I still have my jersey with number 8 and will cherish it forever. Another forward that i also qualify as a poer forward was Steve Thomas, always like him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

I'm glad Neely's the top gun but I'm surprised one Gordie Howe isn't included among the all-timers.  He could do it all, too.  (He's the father of the "Gordie Howe Hat Trick," right?)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Messier has to be #1

I love neely, but let's be serious

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

[QUOTE]Messier has to be #1 I love neely, but let's be serious
    Posted by OlsonicCreations[/QUOTE]

messier was agreat power forwarsd arguably the best 2 way player ever and a phenomenal leader which was exhibited greatly when he played with the rangers in his epic guranteed win game night against canucks. Neely was a great talented banger and a better pure goal scorer then messier.

i really like messier but here is how i look at it , I do not think that we would have beaten the habs the way he bruins did if they had messier and not neely. neely was a one man wreckon crew, a force of nature, a stare that man i loved that stare stroke fear into to u with that intense stare. He was a
    player whose career.which that bstrd  ulf cut short, fkn prik.

If there is anyone that i ever idolized was Cam Neely , the man from comox bc.

As patrick roy once said , "Neely is the forward that give me that i fear most"
    Pat Burns "Neely cest un Vrai!"- Neely is a real one!

Cam thanks , we never would have beaten those Habs if it wren't for u, i am just sorry there wasn't enough talent for u to win a cup.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

[QUOTE]I've preached this for years.  There has never been a power forward as good as Neely since his departure from the NHL. Glad the hockey news put this in print.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Bs, ur 100000000000000000% correct. never ever been a power forward as great as Neely. Bs ur right on!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teddytheo. Show Teddytheo's posts

[QUOTE]Cam Neely was the gratest power forward ever bar none! easy choice for THN, mention should have been given to Clarke. Neely was the protoypical north american hockey player, talent, toughness, and great shot. There will never be another Neely ever. CAM u were the man , u really were. I still have my jersey with number 8 and will cherish it forever. Another forward that i also qualify as a poer forward was Steve Thomas, always like him.  
    Posted by marco1001[/QUOTE]
    If you meant Bobby clarke, I have to dissagree. He was more a chippy player that relied on his teamates for backup (Mad Dog Kelly, The Hammer Schultz). Honorable mention possibly to Al Secord also.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hockey News Ranks Neely # 1Power Forward All TIme : messier was agreat power forwarsd arguably the best 2 way player ever and a phenomenal leader which was exhibited greatly when he played with the rangers in his epic guranteed win game night against canucks. Neely was a great talented banger and a better pure goal scorer then messier. i really like messier but here is how i look at it , I do not think that we would have beaten the habs the way he bruins did if they had messier and not neely. neely was a one man wreckon crew, a force of nature, a stare that man i loved that stare stroke fear into to u with that intense stare. He was a player whose career.which that bstrd  ulf cut short, fkn prik. If there is anyone that i ever idolized was Cam Neely , the man from comox bc. As patrick roy once said , "Neely is the forward that give me that i fear most" Pat Burns "Neely cest un Vrai!"- Neely is a real one! Cam thanks , we never would have beaten those Habs if it wren't for u, i am just sorry there wasn't enough talent for u to win a cup.
    Posted by marco1001[/QUOTE]

The guarantee was for the game against the Devils.

Many would argue if someone said Messier was the greatest two way player.  Sergei Fedorov and Steve Yzerman would fight the person who said it.

As for the wouldn't have beaten Montreal with Mess instead:  that couldn't be more baseless.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

My favourite player of all time! Was so happy the guy got into the HOF! Cam Bam- not just the defintive Bruin. The definitive hockey player!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Rings, Goals and guarantee's Messier is clearly the best. My favorite non Bruin on that list is Kerr. Big Tim did not have the talent nor the skills of any of the players in TSNs comparison's but his desire and nose for the net was awesome to watch plus Kerr was impossible to move from in front of the net.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I like the list, but with one huge exception - Kevin Stevens.
    1) Don't think he should be on the list at all.
    2) On that list he's 10th hands down.

I mean Kerr led the Flyers and Stevens rode Lemieux and Jagr's coat tails.

And when he played for the Bruins he was horrific.  Terribad.  Beyond that.
    I'll never forgive him for mailing in the entire season he had for the Bruins.

He was incredibly lazy on the ice.  I thought he was injured or something.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hockey News Ranks Neely # 1Power Forward All TIme : The guarantee was for the game against the Devils. Many would argue if someone said Messier was the greatest two way player.  Sergei Fedorov and Steve Yzerman would fight the person who said it. As for the wouldn't have beaten Montreal with Mess instead:  that couldn't be more baseless.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

thx NAS, i went one series ahead. was indeed against the devils and i still remember his goal that night.

basless maybe but i don't see messier beating the habs like Neely did. neely was a ROY killer. Although mess scored  agreat amount of goals , never considered him a sniper, but he was great , had great power speed

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmikebruins8. Show mrmikebruins8's posts

goals id give to mark messier points mark  grit and heart no question neely 

Sections
Shortcuts