Horton and Campbell

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Horton and Campbell

Interesting read.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/articles/2010/09/16/show_time/?page=1

I don't hear much about Gregory Campbell - not much has been written about him and the article suggests that he is very pleased to be in Boston and very pleased that Horton is too.  He thinks that Boston is the place that Horton will excel.  Anybody know anything?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

Re: Horton and Campbell

Campbell is strong defensively. He's a hard worker and won't dissapoint on the 4th line. He's a good PK guy and can pop a few biscuits in the basket as well. Campbell could see some 3rd line time depending on the situation. He's the kind of player who keeps it simple and does his job well.

I hope the change of scenery brings a change of attitude for Horton. Amazing skillset, but hasn't shown much heart.

For other reasons, I haven't been a fan of either player. But they're Bruins now so "Welcome aboard!"  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

both will help the Bruins go farther in the playoffs this year

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

I work with a guy who played with Horton as teenager and he says Horton is the real deal and Boston offence just improved with this aquisition. He said it was unfair when Horton played against kids his own age because it was no challenge for him. Horton played junior B at the age of 14 thats pretty impressive and should tell you something about his skill set. Horton WILL have a career year this year.

Campbell, I dont know much about him but it seems he is a team guy with a strong work ethic that wants to win and play in the post season. I look forward to watching both of these players along with Seguin.

I wish the season would start already.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: Horton and Campbell:
    [QUOTE]I work with a guy who played with Horton as teenager and he says Horton is the real deal and Boston offence just improved with this aquisition. He said it was unfair when Horton played against kids his own age because it was no challenge for him. Horton played junior B at the age of 14 thats pretty impressive and should tell you something about his skill set. Horton WILL have a career year this year. Campbell, I dont know much about him but it seems he is a team guy with a strong work ethic that wants to win and play in the post season. I look forward to watching both of these players along with Seguin. I wish the season would start already.
    Posted by lucicfan[/QUOTE]

Chomping at the bit for the season to begin.  Cheers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Dominating at 14 and $2 will get you a small cup of coffee and a ticket to the AHL.  Means nothing when every guy on the ice dominated as a kid.  Ever look at Tie Domi's stats in Junior?  He was about a .7 ppg player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The little I have heard about Campbell impresses me. I agree with BruWingFan on his strengths, but it's his attitude that really impresses me. Just look at his quotes in that article as an example. You can tell the guy is hungry and has a team attitude. He sounds like a prototypical Bruin, and I wouldn't be suprised if he becomes a fan favourite.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicanator17. Show lucicanator17's posts

campbell will fight anyone in the league... he loses a lot but that just show character 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Tough for a guy like Horton to get settled in with a team that has no talent around him and a new coach/ GM every year. Still put up decent numbers every year. Hopefully stability and talent around him will allow him to excel and produce. Plus he's actually in a hockey market now vs. FLA, just the noise and people in the building should keep him more motivated than the empty seats and unknowledgable fans. Time will tell....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Since we now have more info on both Horton and Campbell, it will be very interesting to see how camp evolves. Fluto's been pairing Savard and Horton since they made the trade, but IMO Horton looked to be better with Kreji. However, recent comments by Campbell indicate that Horton is " sneaky" fast because his longer stride doesn't appear to be so fast until he has zipped by the Defense. Ok, maybe Savard and Horton will pair up since Savvy NEEDS speed on his wing. That might also give Wheels an opportunity with Savvy to complete a speedy line. Comments from the rookie scrimmage lauded Caron, Seguin, Sauve and Alexandrov, with Seguin's talent and smarts indicating he will make the B's squad. Caron might also push for a spot which would make a move on Ryder easier.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Great trade so far. Our mid teens pick and wideman for these two guys was a robbery by PC. Horton will easily get 30 + goals we all know but i'm suprised by the play of campbell. He doesn't seem very big, fraile actually, but he is a perfect 4th line centre just like Stephen Yelle was. He skates very well, forechecks, good on the board, and fights also. I really like this 4th line of Thornton, Campbell and Marchand.

They played really well vs the caps #1 line, and provided a few scoring chances in addition.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Campbell is strong defensively. He's a hard worker and won't dissapoint on the 4th line. He's a good PK guy and can pop a few biscuits in the basket as well. Campbell could see some 3rd line time depending on the situation. He's the kind of player who keeps it simple and does his job well. I hope the change of scenery brings a change of attitude for Horton. Amazing skillset, but hasn't shown much heart. For other reasons, I haven't been a fan of either player. But they're Bruins now so "Welcome aboard!"  
    Posted by BruWingFan[/QUOTE]

Heard in todays game that Julien saying Horton has been the hardest worker from day 1 of pre-season and for every practice thus far.
    He just wasn't happy in Florida and the atmosphere around the team . When was the last time they made the playoffs ?
    Very hard trying to keep intensity up when the time is not going anywhere. It just takes all the air out of you.
    Last season in the playoffs Dominic Moore said the exact same thing about Florida while playing for Montreal .  He had a very good playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]campbell will fight anyone in the league... he loses a lot but that just show character 
    Posted by lucicanator17[/QUOTE]

Like they say " Its not how many you lose or win , Its how many you show up for ?  Anybody seen Thorton ?