Horton clip to encourage B's fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Horton clip to encourage B's fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx85NQC8g24

Enjoy.

Lucic-Savard-Horton

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Horton clip to encourage B's fans

I love him already ....and lets not forget that I can see Campbell replacing Begin he is stronger, younger and better ...what a great deal ! ! !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Holy sh*t, I had no clue he could fight a little...he does that every once in awhile and B's fans will LOVE him...

Btw, if you look on the side bar of the video, there's a video of him taking on Hal Gill haha...that's awesome...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UltimateBoston46. Show UltimateBoston46's posts

Check out the analysis of the Bruins trade for Nathan Horton:

Some good analysis, leave your feedback. GO BRUINS

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Someone's butt-hurt the 15th pick was traded.

I think it was a good trade.  He's better, now, than anyone in the draft pool we could have gotten.  We'll have to see if he's a playoff talent, though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Horton clip to encourage B's fans:
    Umm, Chia just dealt the #15 pick for a 4th line scrub.
    Posted by russgriswold

That's one way to look at it.  You could also say that he dealt Wideman for a 4th line scrub and the #15 for Horton.  It wouldn't be as much fun to put it that way, though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Umm, Chia just dealt the #15 pick for a 4th line scrub.
    Posted by russgriswold

Well....... I wouldn't look at it that way yet.
    It's a package and Bruins feel Horton will have the better on Wideman . Then it'll look like a steal.  BUT too soon to tell.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Gave up on Wideman too soon IMHO, but Horton looks like a protyptical Bruin of the 70's, big, strong and a bit of a mean streak.  Needs to lose some of the baggage he's accused of, but a fresh start is always good.

Should be a good deal for both teams.

15th pick is a bit of a crap shoot and 3rd rounder is insignificant in my opinion.

I think PC showed some b@#$S on this one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hARRIS666. Show hARRIS666's posts

Bad trade..should have kept 15th...trade 32 or 45 instead...Chia is an ###...now dump Thomas and get another scoring winger...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Gave up on Wideman too soon IMHO, but Horton looks like a protyptical Bruin of the 70's, big, strong and a bit of a mean streak.  Needs to lose some of the baggage he's accused of, but a fresh start is always good. Should be a good deal for both teams. 15th pick is a bit of a crap shoot and 3rd rounder is insignificant in my opinion. I think PC showed some b@#$S on this one.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

Horton is the player Chiarelli was looking for a the trade deadline.  The Siedenberg deal was confusing at that point in that the Bruins gave up a 2nd rounder and Morris (Ward trade this summer) to make room for Siedenberg. Chiarelli had more to deal than what transpired.  Long term thinking, worked with Kessel (Burke) and once again worked again.  Remember most including myself would have given a bag of pucks for Wideman in February.  This is the type of risk taking necessary to build a team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Tallon hasn't schooled Chiarelli so badly since the Versteeg trade...

OUCH !

The Bruins' leading playoff scorer and the Bruins' first round pick (not to mention a 3rd rounder) for a guy that so far seems to lack a work ethic and the never-will-be son of Colin Campbell...

WOO HOO, STANLEY ! 

PS - That "woo hoo" was sarcasm ! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Gave up on Wideman too soon IMHO, but Horton looks like a protyptical Bruin of the 70's, big, strong and a bit of a mean streak.  Needs to lose some of the baggage he's accused of, but a fresh start is always good. Should be a good deal for both teams. 15th pick is a bit of a crap shoot and 3rd rounder is insignificant in my opinion. I think PC showed some b@#$S on this one.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

The Bruins won one Cup in the 1970s because if their superstars -- mainly one, Bobby Orr...

The scrubs had little to do with it !

Tallon took PC to the cleaners AGAIN a la Kris Versteeg trade...

Not a good day...

Wonder who the 15th pick turns out to be ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

This surprised me!  I thought the team would bolster defense by using the #15 pick to trade up; grab one of the big names in this year's draft.  Instead, they added another forward; subtracted a D-man.

I like the acquisition of another big-boddied forward in the mix and understand that something of value must be given up.  However, I believed that the defense might need some work to support the addition of the #2 and maybe one of the prospects from Providence.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

WOW, that was definately a legit fight!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

WOW, that was definately a legit fight!
    Posted by OlsonicCreations

I like how he kept punching.  Mr. Code Thornton would have backed away and begged the refs to stop the fight so the other guy didn't get hurt.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Horton hasn't even come out to play yet. The guy was drafted third overall because of his size and skill. Florida was not going to give him up for chump change

Getting rid of wideman was a great move imo. The guy was shaky in defense in crucial moments though he is a skilled player. Just can't put it together

Campbell was a great pickup too. The guy has more offensive potential than Begin and he plays a similiar game. Scored 13 goals and 19 assist the year before and was partially injured last season

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Horton hasn't even come out to play yet. The guy was drafted third overall because of his size and skill. Florida was not going to give him up for chump change Getting rid of wideman was a great move imo. The guy was shaky in defense in crucial moments though he is a skilled player. Just can't put it together Campbell was a great pickup too. The guy has more offensive potential than Begin and he plays a similiar game. Scored 13 goals and 19 assist the year before and was partially injured last season
    Posted by yaz16

Hang on.  Let's not bother taking a look at the offensive capabilities of Campbell.  He's a cheaper and younger fourth line option than Begin and Paille, nothing more.

Sections
Shortcuts