Horton+3rd Overall for the #2

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Horton+3rd Overall for the #2

So last night I had this strange dream that Florida offered Horton and the 3rd overall for our 2nd overall pick.  We ended up drafting Fowler and Florida ended up with Seguin...someone to try and build a team around.   

What would your thoughts be if this was real?

Can't believe I'm also dreaming hockey at this point.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Re: Horton+3rd Overall for the #2

Interesting scenario Tuukker.

I think that I would take that deal but might take Gudbranson over Fowler w/ the #3. I havent scene them play enough to really have an educated opinion but I prefer a tougher D over a smooth one.....if everything is equal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

I don't like that thought one bit.  You cannot pass on Seguin or Hall at this point. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

TuukkainNet[/QUOTE]

Dont know if I would go for that ,,,,Horton is such a great player...hummmm tough decision.......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

no no no...and stop talking draft!  lets enjoy this deep run cant we... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

its two future superstars (seguin and hall) and a bunch of good players after that in the draft, bad deal for us

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Devbran. Show Devbran's posts

How about we trade Wheeler along with our #1 and the Leafs 2nd round pick for Florida's #1. The we get Fowler and Seguin or Hall!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

No way florida would take that. That would be nice though. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

NO way!  I agree with Raskman on this one, PC and co. must be committed to that #2 pick.  Also, during this past trade deadline there were rumors of Horton being on the trade block, and they asked a player from the B's about him and he said something like, "who Horton? That guy doesn't even have a heartbeat."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Tempting for us, but Horton is still young enough to be a building block for them, I don't see them doing a straight up trade like that without getting a small piece in addition to the #2 overall. Fowler looks like Mike Green from all of the comparisons, and with his skating ability he would be great here. Gudbranson looks like Phaneuf, albeit with a lower offensive potential as of right now but still good skill with the puck.

I see us keeping this pick, even if Florida made an offer like this. Hall and Seguin are too good to pass up. They're not only dynamic players, but the future face of the franchise and an even deeper piece of our core than Lucic or Bergeron, should nothing happen like the Kessel situation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

Would be a terrible trade. We will get a couple of young defencemen in this draft or by trading something else. Seguin or Hall is where it starts. I also say forget about the draft right now. We have more hockey to play and we can talk draft after the Bruins playoffs are over. Let's focus on tonight. Tuukka needs to steal another one tonight. Savy needs to pick up where Krejci left off and the defence needs to tighten up. Win tonight and get a good rest for the next round.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

no thanks... what is the facination with Horton anyway?  This guy doesn't bring it every night.. now I would consider giving the # 2 to Anaheim in return for Bobby Ryan and their # 12 pick.. would still get a stud pick .. Ryan and Savvy would be awesome.. automatic 50 goals no problem..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Horton is intriguing because his numbers would be better with craftier personnel around him but where do we get the cap space and remember PC could possibly get a great Dman next year with TOs #1 thanks again Brian.

Funny Tuukka your dreaming hockey it's definitely spring time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

By the way guys....I live in South Florida and it was just a dream...not sure I would do the deal....I was just putting it out there for conversation.  I'm very big on Hall and even more so on Seguin.  It great that we are a team that can even have these talks.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

Hey TuukkainNet, where in South Florida do you live. I am in Naples.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

I actually don't think that Horton plus the 3rd pick of this year's draft is enough for Hall/Seguin. Now if Fla adds Kulikov, who looks to be a good young defenseman, in addition to Horton, plus the 3rd overall pick of this year's draft, PC might have to think about that. Not sure Fla would do that though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

WPB

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Boston is going to get two fine players in the first round...similarly to the Thornton/Sammy draft.  Personally, I believe some of those recent P-Bruins players might help out, as well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

We have the worst scoring offense in the league and you would consider passing on Hall or Seguin??? Are you f*cking stupid?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I wouldn't trade for Horton.  Period.  Subtraction by addition.

Funniest thing about that "he has no heartbeat" story?  I remember the 2003 draft and there was much to and fro about who would go where between Eric Staal and Horton.  Both were considered highly skilled power forwards, but the book on Horton was that he was meaner and more physical.  Florida, and Mike Keenan, had the first pick in the draft, but traded down to #3, picking up Mikael Samuelsson and a mid-2nd round pick.  Pittsburgh took M-A Fleury (Keenan had some guy named Luongo at the time, so the Penguins taking a goalie must have been part of that deal).  Now, Carolina made the pick at 2, and they definitely made the right pick because Staal not only has a 100+pt season and ring, he's outscored Horton by about +50%.  Keenan of course spun the whole thing as having played out exactly as they wanted - they wanted Horton at #1, but got value out of dealing down and still got the guy they wanted.  Horton, you see, was supposedly more of a Keenan guy: tough, gritty, all heart.

No wonder Keenan is stumping for work.

That was a superb draft, though - Bs got Stuart and Bergeron, but the top end was nuts with Staal, Vanek, Zherdev (there's a few guys with huge talent and little heart in this draft), Michalek, Phaneuf, Carter, Dustin Brown, Seabrook, Parise, Getzlaf, Kessler, Richards, and Corey Perry.  Add Bergeron,Weber, and Backes to that list and you have 13 guys who played in the Olympics this year drafted in the first two rounds.  Byfuglien and Pavelski were late round finds.  Just...wow.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

It makes you stop and think for a second, but after all the progress in the playoffs and just how everything looks like it's finally moving in the right direction for the B's, I think you can't pass on Hall or Seguin...

I don't know about you guys, but if we finish off the Flyers, we are supporters of a team that made it at least as far as the Eastern Conference Finals, and has a chance to draft a supposedly can't miss forward...can't pass that up...

I finally feel good about what the B's are doing...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

*Knock on wood* haha

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Bookboy. Agreed about that 2003 draft. Most people consider it the best of all time. Some people are saying that this year's draft is the best since then, because of it's perceived depth. Would be nice, as we have a lot of draft picks this year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from maf559. Show maf559's posts

In Response to Re: Horton+3rd Overall for the #2:
    Horton is intriguing because his numbers would be better with craftier personnel around him but where do we get the cap space and remember PC could possibly get a great Dman next year with TOs #1 thanks again Brian. Funny Tuukka your dreaming hockey it's definitely spring time.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

horton has some craft around him. hes got a solid young developing center with him in stephen weiss who played very well for the panthers this year along with a solid defenseman to get him the puck in bryan mccabe.

Had to chime in on this whole thread since I also live in south florida and actually intern with the panthers. but all in all..i don't make this trade anyways. hall and seguin cant be passed up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Hmm... young, inexpensive, highly skilled rookie Hall or Sequin, or a 4 Mill a year cap hit for someone with a NTC?

No Dice

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Panthers Re-sign Nathan Horton to 6-year, $24 Million contract!

The Florida Panthers and Nathan Horton have agreed to terms on a six-year, $24-million contract.

The final three years of the deal, which would have been his unrestricted free agent years, contain a no-trade clause.

Sections
Shortcuts